Some Ranked Statistics

Let's talk about... everything else
tomato

Re: Some Ranked Statistics

Post#71 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:39 pm

ashton007 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:05 pm Show us data for SL vs choppa, let’s have the real conversations.
Yes, real conversation with group ranked data.

Not uncompetitive soloq.

Ads
Mordd

Post#72 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:16 am

ashton007 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:05 pm Show us data for SL vs choppa, let’s have the real conversations.
yes lets balance around ranked.

Buff WL
Buff BW
Buff WH
Buff RP
Buff SM
Buff IB
Buff SW

Vs

Buff chosen
Buff choppa

All of those classes have fewer players over 1k than their counterparts.
I mean going from pure solo stats SH is the most op class in the game with the highest rating.

ExcretusMaximus

Post#73 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:42 am

Mergrim wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:44 pm It's not about class, it's about correct spec.. This statistic show nothing, for example 90% SW trying ranked are skrimish speced, when they should be assault,
I'm new to the game and loving my skirmish specced SW, but I'm only 25/25 right now.

Can you explain why skirmish isn't a good spec? Or, barring that, why it's inferior to assault?
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

BluIzLucky

Post#74 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:11 am

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:42 am
Mergrim wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:44 pm It's not about class, it's about correct spec.. This statistic show nothing, for example 90% SW trying ranked are skrimish speced, when they should be assault,
I'm new to the game and loving my skirmish specced SW, but I'm only 25/25 right now.

Can you explain why skirmish isn't a good spec? Or, barring that, why it's inferior to assault?
Ranked is won (mostly) in two ways, bursting down 1 target or doing more aoe/dmg than the healers/tanks can heal/protect.
Skirmish is AoE focused but uses primarily DoTs to get enough pressure, these DoTs can be cleansed fairly easily removing most of your dmg.
You also need to be just 40-60 feet away which is very close and will likely force you into assault stance for the armor/parry buff (and disarm), and since you can barely use any of your AoE in Assault you become very tame just waiting to die.

Assault on the other hand will have more burst (not primarily from dots) and always be good in your main stance, you'll also be much more likely to be in guard range which is very important.

I could see skirmish being alright with maybe a slayer, but even then Assault would probably be superior.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Kaeldrick

Post#75 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:11 am

Mordd wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:16 am

Buff WL
Buff BW
Buff WH
Buff RP
Buff SM
Buff IB
Buff SW

Vs

Buff chosen
Buff choppa

I mean going from pure solo stats SH is the most op class in the game with the highest rating.
You forgot about Destro nerfs :
Nerf BO
Nerf mSH
Nerf BG

Maybe more?

Justina

Post#76 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:01 am

Kaeldrick wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:11 am

Buff WL
Buff BW
Buff WH
Buff RP
Buff SM
Buff IB
Buff SW

Vs

Buff chosen
Buff choppa

Nerf BO
Nerf mSH
Nerf BG

Maybe more?
You can't buff classes based on ranked. It would make them overpowered in other aspects of the game.

Take BWs and Socs for example. They are doing very well in orvr, 12 or 24 SCs. Giving them a damage boost without changing the way they work would make them ridicously overpowered. All for a game mode that is about to die.

They would have to redesign them to make them balanced for both game modes. E.g. taking cleansable backload from them and giving them more sustained casted damage.

It's the same with Magus and Engi. They are maybe not the best in 6man but as soon there are several around like in forts then they can make a hell of a pressure.

There could be some slight buffs though that wouldn't effect the overall balance too much. Ranged SWs are in a bad spot compared to their mirror ranged SHs.

Shield WPs/Doks also need a slight nerf to their damage, especially to shield Doks. Being top healer and usually in the top three damage dealers is just too much.
Last edited by Justina on Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rapzel

Post#77 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:04 am

ashton007 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:35 pm
ufthakk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:21 pm
Kabuco wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:00 pm
This shows magus isn't that bad, the others just gave up too early.
It's always players fault in your point of view, isn't it ?
It’s straight up order bias, I would almost say openly bias at this point man, like every SL is just actually a good player? Lol ok
One order DPS overperform, all others underperform #OrderBias

Like every sh, mara or we are good players? Lol ok.

Rapzel

Post#78 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:10 am

Justina wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:01 am
Kaeldrick wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:11 am

Buff WL
Buff BW
Buff WH
Buff RP
Buff SM
Buff IB
Buff SW

Vs

Buff chosen
Buff choppa

Nerf BO
Nerf mSH
Nerf BG

Maybe more?
You can't buff classes based on ranked. It would make them overpowered in other aspects of the game.

Take BWs and Socs for example. They are doing very well in orvr, 12 or 24 SCs. Giving them a damage boost without changing the way they work would make them ridicously overpowered. All for a game mode that is about to die.

They would have to redesign them to make them balanced for both game modes. E.g. taking cleansable backload from them and giving them more sustained casted damage.

It's the same with Magus and Engi. They are maybe not the best in 6man but as soon there are several around like in forts then they can make a hell of a pressure.

There could be some slight buffs though that wouldn't effect the overall balance too much. Ranged SWs are in a bad spot compared to their mirror ranged SHs.
Engi is actually pretty good in ranked, it's just a 99% loss if they don't get paired with a healdebuff.
Magus has insane aoe pressure and along with a SNB dok it's really tough to fight Magus, but just like for the majority of order DPS, Magus have a few select careers that they do extremely well with, but fall flat with other careers.

Ads
Alubert

Post#79 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:21 pm

The most counting statistic of all is 800+ MMR because this amount of MMR gives the prospect of quickly reaching 1k MMR.
BO 6 vs 3 SM
BG 7 vs 7 IB
DoK 10 vs 14 WP
Zealot 12 vs 8 RP
Shaman 5 vs 4 AM
Sorc 3 vs 0 BW
Magus 1 vs 1 Engi
SH 4 vs 2 SW
WE 4 vs 2 WH
Mara 4 vs 2 WL
and the two most visible cases of imbalance
Chosen 9 vs 18 KotBS
Choppa 2 vs 19 SL

Here is the balance on the ranked games.
Interesting that most of these stats can also be translated to other aspects of the game like sc and orvr. Only BW is no longer that weak on sc and orvr and is WP crushing DoK even more thanks to "exalted defense" and 15% more heal thanks to KotBS.

My conclusions:
Chosen - Bring back the left and middle chosen mastery tree from before nerf. (Bring back CS and remove hopeless Demon Claw tactics and disable Corruptive Power as a replacement for CS).
Choppa - GTDC - free immunity for opponents. Completely useless in ST pressure. As a proponent of not making exact copies of your mirrors I know it will be difficult to develop an equivalent to slayers ID.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Justina

Post#80 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:37 pm

Alubert wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:21 pm My conclusions:
Chosen - Bring back the left and middle chosen mastery tree from before nerf. (Bring back CS and remove hopeless Demon Claw tactics and disable Corruptive Power as a replacement for CS).
Oh come on... stop asking for chosen buffs... they are very good as they are...

Chosen was ridiculous the way it was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRwNIr1Dgzk