Ads

Why don't you queue ranked?

Let's talk about... everything else
BluIzLucky

Re: Why don't you queue ranked?

Post#71 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:38 pm

Spoiler:
Fenris78 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:18 pm
BluIzLucky wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:04 pm Anyway, obviously can't speak for anyone but myself, I just suspect that the amount of people stopping ranked purely/mainly as a result of the MMR system is low and that there's not really a better system to replace it with that will account better for player skill.
At the contrary, I think the "stuck at 0 mmr" syndrome is the main issue, since when you cannot see any progress toward intended goal (here the 1k barrier), you feel like wasting your time, whereas other game modes are less stressful and more rewarding, regardless of your level and class.

While you can do normal SCs, RvR and dungeons with pretty much any class and with minimal stuff, there is also a good chunk of the playerbase who simply wont go into ranked for other reasons (no interest in the game mode / rewards, no appropriate gear, underestimated skill or "unfitting class" feeling), but the requirements for ranked being so high + you get penalized for losing is the drop over the glass of water to me, and I guess for many others around.
There is simply too much stress playing ranked, and no incentive to queue ever again after a loss, it's simply not worth the hassle.

But the mmr system should either be invisible to players, and used purely for matchmaking purposes, or tweaked in order to ease the grind for less hardcore players, at least in the first weeks, to grow a solid and regular playerbase to ranked, wich could be sorted after a while with a mmr system.

But in this situation there is no other option than to give a shorter stick to the carrot (easier to get to the 1k and/or remove it), and keep the players in with a better sense of progression (no penalty to mmr until 1k mark ?) ; otherwise the playerbase will be far too thin to ensure this game mode perennity on the long term, and you will then face the "first in, first out" effect, where every hardcord and regular players will quit because either they got all the stuff on their toons, or there is no further meat to grind in the machine to keep them playing.
That's not a contrary.. you are literally proving my point :lol:

Devs chose to add rewards associated with your MMR, against the recommendations of the creators of the MMR system, and it's making players stuck at 0 feel no progression towards their goal of 1k, rewards has nothing to do with how the MMR system works fundamentally, but has huge impact on how people feel about their MMR.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Mordd

Post#72 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:58 pm

Why dont I queue.

The reward system is ****.
class balance for 6v6 is ****.
players attitudes are ****.

The whole idea of ranked in a game like this was just terrible.

ashton007

Post#73 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:18 pm

I don’t que because after about 25 games I had only 4 wins, I cannot carry 5 total shitters, most of the good players are already off of 0 MMR, if you came late you’re just trying to climb a ladder of established noobs, it’s only possible to have played from the start it seems, when everyone was at 0. Trying to play from 0 currently is a nightmare.

ashton007

Post#74 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:22 pm

They need to add negative rating for the nubs that are just queuing to grief/gear.

unnakotik98

Post#75 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:37 pm

Because 6v6 is disgusting. 8m of foul running under slow and 15-16 punts gonna wait you on each sc. Your successful gameplay gonna have 3 stages: 1. applying dots and save burst 2. wait to punt tanks 3. burst then repeat if no kills. Also you will meet: MMR assassins, guys with broken switch or assist buttons, build testers, toxic players etc. So no ty
oh forget about wait sranked 8h and getting 30mmr for win and -100 for loose.

Amdus

Post#76 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:07 am

The reason to avoid ranked is the same as on why to avoid solo roaming before being BiS with full regen, or 6man before being WL/Sov or double Sov. This game has a major flaw which is the lack of small scale balance, or what's the same, real class balance. This game is "balanced" for 24vs24 not for 1vs1, 2vs2, 6vs6 or 12vs12. There is a clear meta in ranked on order side which is double slayer with anything, just as is the same meta in cities but instead of double slayer, it's 4 slayers. I have been stomped in way too many cities where 2 of the 4 slayers had more damage than the entirety of destro combined.

The game would have to balance 6vs6 or what's the same, 1vs1 in order to make ranked a lasting attractive aspect of the game. As long as there isn't a balance, ranked will be like this. If Slayers get nerfed, then it will be double WL, if WL gets nerfed then it will be Double Mara, when Mara gets nerfed then it will be double whatever comes next, and as more and more nerfs are applied, we'll find ourselves in an even more stale situation as we are right now, with not only 2h tanks having low utility and negative damage, but also DPS having low damage. The solution to this isn't nerfing Slayers, the solution is to buff all the classes in order to make the game more dinamic and balanced towards 1vs1. Once the game is balanced in 1vs1 then all the other aspects of the game will be balanced as well. This doesn't necessarily imply a buff in damage, but a buff in utility. In example caster classes need crowded control, the reason of why they are strong in RvR is because you just spam your spells and abilities to kill enemies behind the safety of the keep walls or htl. They need CC abilities in order to survive small scale, you could even nerf their damage but give them CC and the game would start to look more balanced.

TL;DR: Buff all classes, some with damage, some with utility and don't nerf slayers (Not being sarcastic).

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#77 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:00 am

If u talk about 1v1 mirror class, i agree.

Vholrat

Post#78 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:01 am

Mordd wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:58 pm Why dont I queue.

The reward system is ****.
class balance for 6v6 is ****.
players attitudes are ****.

The whole idea of ranked in a game like this was just terrible.

Ads
p00ky

Post#79 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:13 pm

Simple answer cos game is in the worth state its been in since i joined 1 1/2 years ago. All latest patches make no sense so obviously many ppl turning to other games while the rest of us only log on specific nights when other friends are around. Devs seem happy though.