Recent Topics

Ads

No pop on city

Let's talk about... everything else
shoelessHN

Re: No pop on city

Post#11 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:14 am

diedrake wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:26 pm Like many have said, city is useless now imo, and not worth the stress. Dont get me wrong i enjoy city at times but its not worth the stress with new currency and lack of gear in gold bags to make the grind less.

Unless devs come up with something that makes city worth while, i dont see city getting popular anytime soon. Although i still love forts win or lose...
Fort with no jail defense is probably the most fun organized pvp content there is. Every fort should have the keg/banner mechanic. Jail should auto release after 1-2 mins.

Ads
MedV

Post#12 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:58 am

City is boring, unrewarding and there’s no lead up. At least when you had to push 2 forts you felt some progression taking zones then fort then fighting in city and felt like a complete story. Now it’s just a boring sc pop with no rewards for the amount of effort.

At this point just make it queable at any time of day with 24 people, make it a wb ranked sc que.

Whether im happy or sad that cities are no longer a thing I still haven’t decided.
The King.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#13 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:47 pm

MedV wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:58 am make it a wb ranked sc que.
ranked..? nobody does ranked already so not sure how making city ranked would revive it. :/

Lion1986

Post#14 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:39 pm

tvbrowntown wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:47 pm
MedV wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:58 am make it a wb ranked sc que.
nobody playing ranged does ranked already so not sure how making city ranked would revive it. :/
I) corrected for you sir.

Tesq

Post#15 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:45 pm

1-yes rewards from zones are likely too high (win a zone atm can give more consistently than win some times g bags, on top of the ways veterans know to get regulary/consistently g bag( new changes to roll excluded for which i still need to look for myself how it turn out to be).

2-the problem tough is city as content as a whole, i alredy talked about this at the time city got implemented but i will just give it a go again

a) the very first problem started when it was decised to make city a close instance instead a zone like other, fixing the game original flaw
b) while this does create an eviroment for 24 vs 24 balance fight:

-this wasnt never ment to be the case (its not GvG) where in a RvR game you were ment to make critical build choices and forced by design to be able to face higher number with certain set up
-wb able to build kite 8due point above)
-yet another instancing that break the actual base game formula (open map rvr)

c) reworked city are in a sense way worst than original mythic city, while is less pve and more pvp element:
-it's a patch in river of blood, the flag system is simplicistyc it revolve around win once mid flag fight step 1
-dps race step 2 (and fight again in mid flag depending on how much good are the comp)
-actual fight step 3
-in live it was 36 vs 36 (24+12) instead 24 vs24 cuz the city is big and the fght should had happened simultaniously on more spots.
-there are also some ridiculus flaw in use the same system for step 1 when order have structure advantage by be able to funnel at the end of step 1 in def (while for destru is just a very narrow road) altough it can be deal with (still kinda stupid).

d) at the time due various reason my idea (server performance problem mostly) couldn't be really taken into account on top of not reciving any attention "because zerg bad" (when lets be clear flag system is the problem building the zerg), or of course requiring "proper realm vs realm balance" and not what we got now which kinda feel revolving around ranked /small scale (which it bacame a moba play even vs your own faction).

e) my proposal was to change the city into an open zone for a longer period of time, which would serve as a kind of t5. Meanwhile cap the useless t2-t3 zones should had an impact in atk or def city of some sort.

These are problem happening in fort aswell fight in open zones > better than fight in close instance or fort ,due how bad any flag system is implemented or it isnt the way it would serve the zerg spread ( fort ).
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diedrake

Post#16 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:17 pm

zone locks dont need lower rewards at all. City just needs to have some sort of incentive to actually be worth the stress and headache it is to participate in. Have that a completly different currency for new gear or alternate appeirances( which id be happy w that too). City currency could be exchanged for regular crests too if players are not liking the alternate appierances available. suggestion with alternate appierance is a suggestion because I know its difficult to balence new gear sets.

Other idea to incentify the stress of cities is just increase the crests in the bags. Say 500 in gold 400 in purple, 200 in blue, 100 in green, and 50 in white. That would get players to join city as well.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Lion1986

Post#17 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:38 pm

or simply stop mental masturbation that to join city you need 24 person all RR 80 minimum?

Whyumadbro

Post#18 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:03 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:45 pm 1-yes rewards from zones are likely too high (win a zone atm can give more consistently than win some times g bags, on top of the ways veterans know to get regulary/consistently g bag( new changes to roll excluded for which i still need to look for myself how it turn out to be).

2-the problem tough is city as content as a whole, i alredy talked about this at the time city got implemented but i will just give it a go again

a) the very first problem started when it was decised to make city a close instance instead a zone like other, fixing the game original flaw
b) while this does create an eviroment for 24 vs 24 balance fight:

-this wasnt never ment to be the case (its not GvG) where in a RvR game you were ment to make critical build choices and forced by design to be able to face higher number with certain set up
-wb able to build kite 8due point above)
-yet another instancing that break the actual base game formula (open map rvr)

c) reworked city are in a sense way worst than original mythic city, while is less pve and more pvp element:
-it's a patch in river of blood, the flag system is simplicistyc it revolve around win once mid flag fight step 1
-dps race step 2 (and fight again in mid flag depending on how much good are the comp)
-actual fight step 3
-in live it was 36 vs 36 (24+12) instead 24 vs24 cuz the city is big and the fght should had happened simultaniously on more spots.
-there are also some ridiculus flaw in use the same system for step 1 when order have structure advantage by be able to funnel at the end of step 1 in def (while for destru is just a very spot) altough it can be deal with (still kinda stupid).

d) at the time due various reason my idea (server performance problem mostly) couldn't be really taken into account on top of not reciving any attention "because zerg bad" (when lets be clear flag system is the problem building the zerg), or of course requiring "proper realm vs realm balance" and not what we got now which kinda feel revolving around ranked /small scale (which it bacame a moba play even vs your own faction).

e) my proposal was to change the city into an open zone for a longer period of time, which would serve as a kind of t5. Meanwhile cap the useless t2-t3 zones should had an impact in atk or def city of some sort.

These are problem happening in fort aswell fight in open zones > better than fight in close instance or fort ,due how bad any flag system is implemented or it isnt ( fort ).
this would be so enjoyable! Maybe opening the zone by winning 24vs24 ?

Ads
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#19 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:40 am

diedrake wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:17 pm zone locks dont need lower rewards at all. City just needs to have some sort of incentive to actually be worth the stress and headache it is to participate in. Have that a completly different currency for new gear or alternate appeirances( which id be happy w that too). City currency could be exchanged for regular crests too if players are not liking the alternate appierances available. suggestion with alternate appierance is a suggestion because I know its difficult to balence new gear sets.

Other idea to incentify the stress of cities is just increase the crests in the bags. Say 500 in gold 400 in purple, 200 in blue, 100 in green, and 50 in white. That would get players to join city as well.
Yo, we still waiting on warpforged set appearances too, right?

Click here to watch on YouTube