Recent Topics

Ads

Your New Filter

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Your New Filter

Post#41 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:25 am

Ninjagon wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:01 am 1. I do not like this filter. Most of the players here are adult people, though.

2. The filter censors only supported languages, so you can go mad with "klingon" all the time.
This hardly matters, if english is supposed to be used in public channels. For certain languages there are separate channels. Nobody is being bothered by how people talk in private channels.
The game has an age rating and no matter how old veteran players are, the rules are still the same.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#42 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:04 am

the chat is so correct in this game, ever watched how the barrens chat in other private servers plays out?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#43 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:25 pm

Bavradai wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:22 am The filter censors in game items like sturdy slags.
And we update the filter when it flags stuff that it shouldn't, but it's rather long. Things like this need to be reported to us for adjustment.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#44 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:30 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:25 pm
Bavradai wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:22 am The filter censors in game items like sturdy slags.
And we update the filter when it flags stuff that it shouldn't, but it's rather long. Things like this need to be reported to us for adjustment.
Gods damn sturdy slags, ruining our fields and taking our elven women!

Won't they just stay in the Empire? Dogs, the lot of them!

karolis87

Post#45 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:58 am

Stahn123 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:46 pm
sundey wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:45 pm
Stahn123 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:26 pm

The problem of "the minimum level of decency" is a matter of opinion. All you're doing is setting players up for spam reports when someone disagrees with them and they use a "no no" word of inflection. I've been muted for days for giving an opinion that used no profanity or disrespect at all in the past. All this does is make it even worse. I'll pass on the shadow-mute/bans, I've had enough of that from other forms of media already. You're basically setting up a system similar to the types governments are now implementing that are receiving push back from their citizens and expect them to not make parallels. I don't even use the language very often, but it's not about that. It's about already having a filter in place and then FORCING another even if the first was disengaged by free will. Who are you to tell me what I can choose and not choose to see? Now, flip the table around, do you really want ME in charge of what YOU can see, read, or be exposed too? It's the golden rule, and a whole lot of people are failing to grasp the concept of it.
Spoiler:
ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD ABCD
Out of curiosity, what would be your solution to someone repeatedly spamming chat as above where the comments are not just expletives but, for example, racist/homophobic slurs and calls to burn black/gay people? Note that your proposed solution should take into account that the GMs are volunteers and cannot be expected to have a 24/7 presence.

Setting that aside, you seem to have quite a limited view of freedom of expression. If there are issues with the specific implementation, as Gamesbond has acknowledged, that's one thing, but to expect to have no boundaries or limitations at all on a platform like this - if that's what you're advocating? - is bizarre.
My view is not limited. It's that you should be free to express it regardless. If someone doesn't want to see it, then they should block you. They decide what they see, not someone else for them. You block the offender yourself if you have a problem with what they say. This is not a difficult concept to understand. There is already a filter in place that the above suggested words could have been added too and had the same effect, if someone turned off said filter of their own accord, then they are choosing to see things with which they may not agree or find offensive. You turn the original filter on and your problem goes away or choose to leave it off. This is a matter of personal choice vs unnecessary over reaction. If you're THAT sensitive, maybe a game and story that involves the literal drinking of blood by minions of chaos, ripping bodies limb from limb, boiling their skulls and putting them on pikes, etc isn't something you should be playing. If you can participate in all that but you're offended by a few words you can ignore, the problem might be the way you see the things you dislike and your inability to cope with thoughts that aren't echoed by your own.
And the default profanity filter is ON by default so how is it even a problem enough to make a custom filter that bypasses the default option? Nobody will be able to read nasty words unless they want to and unchecks the profanity filter for that purpose.

Sulorie

Post#46 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:06 pm

karolis87 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:58 am And the default profanity filter is ON by default so how is it even a problem enough to make a custom filter that bypasses the default option? Nobody will be able to read nasty words unless they want to and unchecks the profanity filter for that purpose.
Without the new chat filter you would get muted or in worst case banned, when you don't know how to properly respond to other people in public chats. ;^)
Dying is no option.

Kpi

Post#47 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:31 pm

Can be the word "negro" removed of the filter pls???

In Spanish negro = black colour. So Black ork is a "Orco negro", a Black guard is "Guardia negro"... each time some Spanish speaker use "negro" is muted, and it is a very used word for us

Thank you very much
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

karolis87

Post#48 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:00 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:06 pm
karolis87 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:58 am And the default profanity filter is ON by default so how is it even a problem enough to make a custom filter that bypasses the default option? Nobody will be able to read nasty words unless they want to and unchecks the profanity filter for that purpose.
Without the new chat filter you would get muted or in worst case banned, when you don't know how to properly respond to other people in public chats. ;^)
Remove the autoban system from chat entirely. Profanity filter is ON so people can't see profanity unless they turn it off with their own risk of getting insulted by words someone typed. People don't need rude words to be rude, racist, any kind of phobic that goes around this year anyway,s and such things probably get reported by players and dealt with by a person that can decide if it was called for or not. Auto muting someone for calling himself an asshole? Cmon man. 24 hour ban for wondering in public chat why one or other word is in profanity filter in the first place? Pls.

Ads
Martok

Post#49 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:25 pm

I think all ordinary right thinking people on this server are sick and tired of being told ordinary right thinking people on this server are fed up with being sick and tired.

I certainly am not, and I am sick and tired of being told that I am.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#50 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:55 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:25 pm I think all ordinary right thinking people on this server are sick and tired of being told ordinary right thinking people on this server are fed up with being sick and tired.

I certainly am not, and I am sick and tired of being told that I am.