Recent Topics

Ads

Return of Reckoning, an abusive love

Let's talk about... everything else
Phantasm

Re: Return of Reckoning, an abusive love

Post#31 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:46 am

tazdingo wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:45 am
/5 is the best solution when it works but it just doesnt, there arent groups sometimes. try it yourself - log in, immediately type '/5 tank/heal lf mid sc' and see what responses you get. 60% of the time, no invites within 30mins, just arent any pickups running. there are also the 16 - 24 and <vanq deadzones to consider, which represent a non-insignificant amount of time to a casual player where they will not be invited into groups even if there is one

whats your answer to people who dont wanna commit to a guild and schedules and discord and such, stop playing the game? well they are
You answered your question here. Mostly only pugs we got, discord guilds that tried organised anyting left or got less then 12 man. Those peoples alts were making and joining /5 groups, now less and less care about it. Now you got pug mentality, zerg or be zerged, join a open WB, do whatever you want and picachu why zones are pushed without any resistance, no fort defenders etc.

I hope one day anyone on dev team look up experience any new player get when they try to lvlup character from 1 to 15. Instead of mass of low exp and tidious pve quests, random scs and mindead empty rvr zones there should be a quest line teaching newcomers what they can do in RoR.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#32 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:26 am

the only certainty is that somebody who does somehow fumble their way through t1 (which i agree should be streamlined in some way but you have to sympathize with the devs, who wants to spend months rebuilding t1 when everyone is calling for rvr and class rebalances) gets to the mids and then gets smashed 500/0 for 3 evenings in a row isnt gonna stick around

as for organized groups struggling to find more than 12 men, is anyone younger than 30 here? i cant promise that im free on a given evening and im assuming its the same for everyone else. that is why the game has become more casual

Przepraszam

Post#33 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:04 am

facundo7777 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:32 am Mostly i can agree but i would like to add something.
Balance:
Would be perfect to have balance patch for most of the classes from time to time to have more fun than running same build for years. If we cannot achieve that DPS shaman and am should be balanced asap, WH and Regen WE too.

Scs:
As someone said that we have pug sc. I think the issue is especially during the event sc weekend. From my pov event sc should be splitted for solo and premade queue. We have enough ppl at weekends to split while we sont have enough ppl playing scs during the week to split that.

Maybe pug sc should be first in the window, highlited somehow and map should be shifting.

Ps. Lets back to old city. Since changes i was playing siege once.... When in previous statr i could play it 1,2 per week.
And what's wrong with shammy???
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Snowhawk

Post#34 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:11 am

Orly... Goblins SH at the current state are a problem?
Next cry about the unbelievable DMG of a SW? :roll:

No Slayer discussion? All fine with Slayer/Choppa stacking? :lol:

I thought at first this might be a reputable thread about balance. But to complain about SH at the current state? The SH are the Shadowwarrior of destruction :D

WE/WH=Yes i hate this class to... But they are the hyenas of this game: Dont run alone ;)

Panel

Post#35 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:28 am

Whats wrong with Shaman/SH?- run away tactic is what - time and again they escape death by the skin of their teeth in situations where anyone else order or destro would be long dead.
Whats so special about these two that they should get this advantage? If their damage was crap which its not, if they were super squishy which they aren't,if they lacked escape tools which they don't then it might be justifiable.

Sulorie

Post#36 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:47 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:50 am

Not really, the reason it failed was because nobody wanted to subject themselves to it, regardless of the gear reward. And the vast majority of the population was against introducing ranked in the first place. Ranked created a toxic environment of elitism which people didn't want to be apart of. Now obviously not everyone was like that, but it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch (especially if the bunch is the total population of ranked in the first place).
Do we really want to call guard swaps, assist macros and voicecome "elite"? Most so called toxic remarks were towards people, who don't do such basic things and still queue to make their team lose.
Dying is no option.

Przepraszam

Post#37 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:13 pm

Panel wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:28 am Whats wrong with Shaman/SH?- run away tactic is what - time and again they escape death by the skin of their teeth in situations where anyone else order or destro would be long dead.
Whats so special about these two that they should get this advantage? If their damage was crap which its not, if they were super squishy which they aren't,if they lacked escape tools which they don't then it might be justifiable.
Why dont you make a shammy , play it, and then come back here and tell us what was your experience with it
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Martok

Post#38 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:01 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:50 amNot really, the reason it failed was because nobody wanted to subject themselves to it...

Yeah, ok, given you missed it please allow me to explain. In my response to Gier I did not attempt to address why the Ranked SC program failed as a program. I addressed why the Ranked SC program failed to alleviate in any worthwhile manner the issue Gier raised, that of premade groups queing into the 'regular' scenarios. That Ranked became a toxic cesspool there is no dispute however that wasn't the issue I was attempting to address.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Scottx125

Post#39 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:04 pm

Martok wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:01 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:50 amNot really, the reason it failed was because nobody wanted to subject themselves to it...

Yeah, ok, given you missed it please allow me to explain. In my response to Gier I did not attempt to address why the Ranked SC program failed as a program. I addressed why the Ranked SC program failed to alleviate in any worthwhile manner the issue Gier raised, that of premade groups queing into the 'regular' scenarios. That Ranked became a toxic cesspool there is no dispute however that wasn't the issue I was attempting to address.
Yeah sorry, only just realised it when reading it back (was half asleep when I wrote it). Though, Ranked didn't alleviate the need for a 6v6 scenario because one was toxicity. Two was the general distain that people held against ranked even being added to the game. The third was lack of any meaningful reason to want to play Ranked SC's over normal SC's. Plus in my opinion, Ranked was fundamentally flawed. If you're doing things in a competitive way such as ranked, they have to be perfectly balanced. That means everyone has to be BiS gear equivalent otherwise Ranked just means whomever with the best gear and skill wins. Rather than whomever with the best skill wins. And please for the love of god don't say gear doesn't make a difference, it does.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Morradin

Post#40 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:46 pm

Got to love how after many years we finally have WE/WH builds that can be used in small groups.

And just about all non WH/WE players are crying day after day after day.

WE/WH ARE FINE!!! Y'all need to realize they can no longer be walked all over like before and take them seriously as opponents.