Recent Topics

Ads

RoR to an older player

Let's talk about... everything else
space44

RoR to an older player

Post#1 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:03 am

You know, years pass the game isn't what it was back in 2015 and 2016 if you're an old player you might feel like the gameplay is too slow the gear progression has improved but the leveling hasn't, things are being added and reintroduced in a steady pace considering the size of the team and their motivations. In the end new players come in and the older players eventually are completely gone. I feel like part of it has to do with burnout but what clouds my thoughts is how restrictive the game is, what the game has in class identity it lacks in flexibility. All the cool ideas like a magic reflecting chosen that can sling eldritch bolts back, a Rune Priest picking up its rune engraved hammer and going into the melee relying on his runes for protection for himself and his allies and its strength against his foe, a zealot getting overtaken by the deamon possessing him taking its true form turning into a tank in the battlefield now unchained by its pact it can now unleash unhinged havoc on its enemies, a Bright Wizards finally picking up that sword coating it in Aqshy fire bringing hell to its enemies up close and personal, or even White Lions taking up their ancestorial duty as a protector Ulthuan becoming a tank in the battlefield using their tactical and physical strengths along with courage they've refined by preforming their hunting rites slaying the fiercest beasts in Chrace, that's just to name a few.

Other restrictions are the talismans and potions they cover the basics increasing main stats, potions doing a bit more allowing bubbles and thorns, liniments doing things with crits but overall there's a lot more they should do what about elixirs that can change the damage type you can do or on hit chances like slowing the enemy or making you faster or freezes an enemy for 4 GCDs or a potion that reflects 80% of an attack back to a single enemy that inflected it, 1 use 1 charge type deal.
Talismans, are most restricting only for main stats and armor, but there are the exceptions of the green 1-time quests that reward you with some funky talismans like magic crit and armor penetration why not give us more of that give us other multipliers and conditions with talismans maybe even armor with multiple talisman slots which can have some interesting results could have a super duper glass cannon slayer with 2x the str talis he would be running with but that slayer could also run half armor/toughness talismans its main choice.

Maybe even harder dungeons that rewards upgraded versions of its original sets it would reward. These are all far reaching things and most of what I say usually goes out with the wind anyways, but I just felt like I needed to get this out of my chest and maybe someone can read it and see where I'm trying to go with this. I like the game, I use to play it 24/7 and that's not even a over statement I'm sure if there's any track record of player activity logged on to logged out it would show, but to feel so trapped coming back isn't what it used to be.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
Scottx125

Re: RoR to an older player

Post#2 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:48 am

Potions is a big no no for changing dmg type. It would be impossible to balance... Imagine a slayer doing spirit dmg.. Whist your class suggestions imo are too radical to be feasible. Other specs need properly fleshing out and made unique and feasible to play. I agree that dungeon's should be harder and give better rewards, especially for RR70+.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

bichka

Post#3 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:40 pm

>but the leveling hasn't
are you serious? pve rank is about few days if you know spots and how to do.
rvr till 50 can be farmed in t4 scs pretty fast, much faster if you have high rank friends with some kind of premade.

penagos22

Post#4 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:49 pm

we need some fresh air....

Repulsion

Post#5 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:36 pm

bichka wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:40 pm >but the leveling hasn't
are you serious? pve rank is about few days if you know spots and how to do.
Do tell