Recent Topics

Ads

Why you play RVR? (Poll reset, vote again pls)

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: What is your bigger motivation to play RVR?

War Crest. It is the easy way to gear my toons
14%
Realm pride. We are here to kill and die for our realm and i want win the campaign
23%
RVR Event. I love finnish all event's tasks
5%
I Play RVR because there are nothing to do. SCs are unplayable and there are not PVE groups.
7%
Easy way to play. Only need follow the zerg and/or join to a public WB
5%
Roaming. The result of the campaign is indifferent to me. I just want to kill
27%
I Don't play RVR. Now the RVR have not sense for me
2%
I love the sieges, this is the best part of the game.
12%
Another reasons. (Please explain)
6%
Total votes: 111

Sulorie

Re: Why you play RVR?

Post#21 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:34 pm

Kpi wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:36 pm I added some options, but poll has been reset :(
Let's hope all who voted before will vote again or the reset might be very convenient. :P
Dying is no option.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#22 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:13 pm

The results of this poll isnt corect as we see many order rampage blobs all around.

Kaelang

Post#23 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:19 pm

This could've been really useful if the poll responses weren't so biased. :( Alas, realm pride 2.0 because ugly dwarf and dark elf win.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

anstalt

Post#24 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:04 pm

Because RvR is the only massively multiplayer feature in the game

Being massively multiplayer is the only unique feature in the whole damn genre. It literally cannot be found elsewhere. And I really love large scale content! I still get a thrill seeing 100s of other players all in the same fight. I still get fascinated by the group psychology underpining everyone's actions.

Now, simply having a lot of people doesn't mean it is automatically fun, but when it is fun then it's a type of fun that cannot be found elsewhere.

Add to that the fact that there aren;t many massively multiplayer games, and of those very few have any content that makes use of those players. Then this shitty action combat trend which bores me to death......then yeh, WAR's RvR is pretty much all there is.

wonshot

Re: Why you play RVR? (Poll reset, vote again pls)

Post#25 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:58 am

Votes "roaming"

From the moment I create a new character that toon has a vision and a goal, wethers it's a mara to have a tanky utility dps handpicked for a role in a warband composition, or an engineer to bring control-mage playstyle to an order warband.
Gearing and learning the class is the process but i only really name my characters something when i start taking the character more serious and it has been geared up. I think im a weirdo in doing it like this, but it works for me. Gearing from 1-80 is something to get overwith and the learning experience to understand a class better first hand, for later on shotcalling and warband&guild leading useing these classes, or playing against them.

Roaming is and will forever be the main motivator for me, and when i default back to debates and arguements about the game it will always be from this perspective of the game. in a 24man warband setting and fighting other warbands either 1by1 or several at a time.

keepsieges used to be fun and nostalgic for me, for a very brief time, but they became stale and too one dimensional too fast. Roaming, you never know what you face each evening, and who will be around the next praag corner. Which keeps roaming fresh to some extend.

RoR offers me this unique experience of good performance (check your settings accordingly) largescale experience that no other mmo on the modern market can match, daoc, gw2, BDO etc. have all been suppased in largerscale warfare. And the core mechanics of tactics, morales, collision just makes for the best guild-scale pvp experience on the market. Arena style fighting gamemodes can be fun, but other games does that bracket better in instances fighting imho. Roaming is where RoR excels!
Last edited by wonshot on Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Panzer80

Post#26 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:03 am

Keep (Not Forts) sieges are the best part of the game (which is PvP). Second choice was the straight roaming/kills.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#27 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:42 am

Mcgotrek wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:32 pm Because I love large battles
this.

voted realm pride fwiw, since i'm still pureOrder. Also on nights where we would fight in praag from 8 to 11pm, it woldn't be as much fun as opposed to nights where we win/lose zones.

one thing i would like to see that discourages zerging is morale overwork. right now if 3 wb engage 1 wb, and if that 1 wb gets helped by 2 allied warbands, those guys that engaged with 3 warbands will have natural advantage because they will be able to morale drop sooner than those 2 warbands that helped the wb that was getting attacked. idk how i would fix this, but it would be nice if this advantage could somehow be mitigated.

zulnam

Post#28 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:16 am

cause there's nothing quite like it anywhere else. maybe Planetside 2 comes close, but the spawn-die twitch reflex CoD style gameplay puts me off.

the concept of hundreds of players duking it out on an (semi) open map is still hard to find anywhere. let alone in RPG form. let alone traditional mmo tab targeting with 20+ abilities per class.

simply put, i love it.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#29 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:50 am

oaliaen wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:13 pm The results of this poll isnt corect as we see many order rampage blobs all around.
order crying about only sw and engie dps, destro crying about rampage blobs. all is good.