Lots of Numbers: Top100 players

Let's talk about... everything else
Sofong

Re: Lots of Numbers: Top100 players

Post#31 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:38 am

emiliorv wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:14 am
lumpi33 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:06 am
emiliorv wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:03 am

Because slayers are overperforming above all other dps classes.
Ok and what if you bring them down and the other Order dps classes are lacking? Then you have only mediocre and lacking classes left?

You gotta look at the bigger picture. Not only at one class.
what if no one plays other dps classes because there is no reason for it because slayers are too fking good that no one cares about other options?

the bigger picture?? you mean this?:
-1 month of SCs tracked
-Order have close to +20% winrate over destro
-43% of top dps classes are slayers.
perhaps everybody just randomly lov to play slayer, nothing excessive here :D

Ads
lumpi33

Post#32 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:52 am

Sofong wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:38 am
emiliorv wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:14 am what if no one plays other dps classes because there is no reason for it because slayers are too fking good that no one cares about other options?
perhaps everybody just randomly lov to play slayer, nothing excessive here :D
I don't think that everybody loves playing slayer but everybody loves winning.

So it is more of a "no real other option" issue. Probably.

If the dps classes were closer in performance you would see a more mixed list because then people would stick to the class they like playing - even if it is not the very best.

Morradin

Post#33 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:30 am

Sofong wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:55 am
Morradin wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:06 am
Talladego wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:01 am

I count only 19 destro players in the top 100 win list, can balance really be that bad?
Can't use this list to make any conclusions about balance. Solo players not on it. People that run in pairs not on it. Who is on this list? Premades that play together all the time, and farm sc's.
yea sure, "balance not around solo players" was the excuse of being op, now that balance also not around grp play :D
Some of you are just looking for excuses to cry and boohoo that Order is OP, without taking everything into account.
Yes, Devs balance around grp play. So what? You make zero sense. These stats above do not represent the entire community. You are making your assumptions about balance based solely on the statistics in this post.

--Do you take into account population? How many people play Order and how many play destro over the last 6 months? NOPE
--Do you take into account how many Destro over rr80 do sc's vs how many Order? NOPE
--Do you take into account how many low level alts are being ranked at given time by any given realm? NOPE

There are a dozen more statistics NOT in the above post that need to be looked at. Do you research them? NOPE. Just come to forum to cry that Order is OP. And you expect your crying to have results when you are too lazy to do the research and present a clear case to the devs.

Am I saying you are wrong? NOPE!!!! You could be right. But present a solid case with ALL THE FACTS, before you go to a forum post and cry and boohoo.

Wam

Post#34 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:44 am

if we foccused destro more the stats would change a little (same with other groups i see in list (Nge, NM, Drukar amongst others etc etc), considering im on that list with multiple characters on both realms i will give some insight from recent double xp event in the summer... i have 10 80's on destro so we focus order more generally, we run bad comps and one of my better chars on list is my lowest renowned tank and worse geared.

During double xp event, I believe only Gloom, Aez, my TUP group was really active at all on destro during new sc event... our overflow was complete trash NGL for long periods (0 healers man in many sc, we win against odds but me and my fellow healer had to put in a shift each and every sc vs slayer train and no x heal) was pretty epic but alot of challenge to get 500k heals constantly under pressure.

The main thing which will distort stats is many average premades on order, because 2x average premades > 1 premade with 0 effectiveness in overflow... it can happen both ways ofc but it tended to happen more on this event in particular... only 3 premades i remember on destro of "threat" and i know we split and played against each other one out of the three days. Also not only that, there are some players who are very "pve objective driven" they make a big difference too... like i already mentioned gloom premade they dont really care too much about objective just kills/kdr, most premades are kill driven tbh.

Slayer premade is easy to not get wrong, and can bully bad overflows. Thankfully there's only few real good slayer and most are from the better end premades.

Also Blackmatt did most dmg on choppa (not BIS) so ty Matt for screwing the stats ... issue is destro pugs/average premades don't support choppa's as well as order do slayers, and besides grufrip (high rr/geared) who are the good choppa's on destro besides ones in normal groups?

Nice to see some patterns though and some usual salt from people who don't understand things. If you need help understand just ask.

ps. gz Balior
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Evilspinnre

Post#35 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:06 pm

As #3 sc winner I would like to thank the OP for this data
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

geraldtarrant

Post#36 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:31 pm

double post
Last edited by geraldtarrant on Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

geraldtarrant

Post#37 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:43 pm

geraldtarrant wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:31 pm
Wam wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:44 am if we foccused destro more the stats would change a little (same with other groups i see in list (Nge, NM, Drukar amongst others etc etc), considering im on that list with multiple characters on both realms i will give some insight from recent double xp event in the summer... i have 10 80's on destro so we focus order more generally, we run bad comps and one of my better chars on list is my lowest renowned tank and worse geared.

During double xp event, I believe only Gloom, Aez, my TUP group was really active at all on destro during new sc event... our overflow was complete trash NGL for long periods (0 healers man in many sc, we win against odds but me and my fellow healer had to put in a shift each and every sc vs slayer train and no x heal) was pretty epic but alot of challenge to get 500k heals constantly under pressure.

The main thing which will distort stats is many average premades on order, because 2x average premades > 1 premade with 0 effectiveness in overflow... it can happen both ways ofc but it tended to happen more on this event in particular... only 3 premades i remember on destro of "threat" and i know we split and played against each other one out of the three days. Also not only that, there are some players who are very "pve objective driven" they make a big difference too... like i already mentioned gloom premade they dont really care too much about objective just kills/kdr, most premades are kill driven tbh.

Slayer premade is easy to not get wrong, and can bully bad overflows. Thankfully there's only few real good slayer and most are from the better end premades.

Also Blackmatt did most dmg on choppa (not BIS) so ty Matt for screwing the stats ... issue is destro pugs/average premades don't support choppa's as well as order do slayers, and besides grufrip (high rr/geared) who are the good choppa's on destro besides ones in normal groups?

Nice to see some patterns though and some usual salt from people who don't understand things. If you need help understand just ask.

ps. gz Balior
This is pretty acurate review of what we can see in the pattern of higher order winrate of scs. I would say not only during 2xRR event, but till this day, especially in prime time order is stacking premades. There are days that only my 3-4man+ sometimes fillers from /5 are only organized grp on destro, and often facing double premades , while other destro grp has 0 composition. Pugs die to slayers instant and sc is over. And snowballing effect happens over time, I see less and less organized destro grps.
But yeah, we dont care about pve score, dont really have place in backpack for more warcrests tbh.
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

Garamore

Post#38 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:51 pm

Most serious people now on order therefore order run more premades. Slayers mangle pugs and double premade mangles single premade. Been the same way since slayers first introduced on live. Devs cant nerf slayers as then all serious people will be in destro and order tears will fill the lakes.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
Arla

Post#39 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:56 pm

Talladego wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:17 am
Morradin wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:06 am
Talladego wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:01 am

I count only 19 destro players in the top 100 win list, can balance really be that bad?
Can't use this list to make any conclusions about balance. Solo players not on it. People that run in pairs not on it. Who is on this list? Premades that play together all the time, and farm sc's.
Maybe it has nothing to do with balance of any sort but out of the top 100 players with the best win ratio, over 80% are order.
That is still remarkable.
Destro has premades too, so yes, this is good data to make decisions on. FYI, played both sides, currently on Order. I am big on balance.

space44

Post#40 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:21 am

thats a lot of numbers.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.