Xrealming Has Got to Go

Let's talk about... everything else
BluIzLucky

Re: Xrealming Has Got to Go

Post#51 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:39 pm

Gegga wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:24 pm
Rowanmantle wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:25 am I agree, 7 day lockout. IP tracking for those with multiple accounts.

Xrealmers are the true scourge and must be stopped.

#keepRoRsafe
hmmm...
These NordVPN ads are everywhere :lol:

Is your favourite game tracking your IP? NordVPN's low latency secure web traffic let's you bypass xrealm blocks without impacting on performance! NordVPN use link below for last chance on our most epic ever extended black friday deal!
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Morradin

Post#52 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:08 am

dtjror wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:24 am So, I’d like to politely ask, what is the rationale for allowing immediate faction switching? Because to someone ignorant like me, it seems hard to imagine the game being worse off with restrictions in place.
I don't know if this was said or not, but I am not going to read through tons of comments.

Need it because without it one faction will die off and then the game will die. Right now, no one wants to play destro. Everyone is playing order 24/7/365 a year. Look at fort stats, 6 or 8 forts taken by Order, 0 forts taken by destro. Week after week after week after week.
As much as I love playing order, I have been playing destro recently because quite frankly, I am tired of zerging. It's boring as heck after a year straight. But hey, I am a player who likes a challenge and not easy mode.

EDIT: please do not bring LOTD being dominated by destro in replies to my comment. LoTD does not count. Order players do not want to face the possibility of a real no zerg fight so they stay in the lakes so they can keep zerging.

DirkDaring

Post#53 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:13 pm

I don't know if this was said or not, but I am not going to read through tons of comments.

Need it because without it one faction will die off and then the game will die. Right now, no one wants to play destro. Everyone is playing order 24/7/365 a year. Look at fort stats, 6 or 8 forts taken by Order, 0 forts taken by destro. Week after week after week after week.
As much as I love playing order, I have been playing destro recently because quite frankly, I am tired of zerging. It's boring as heck after a year straight. But hey, I am a player who likes a challenge and not easy mode.

EDIT: please do not bring LOTD being dominated by destro in replies to my comment. LoTD does not count. Order players do not want to face the possibility of a real no zerg fight so they stay in the lakes so they can keep zerging.
[/quote]

Yep I've said this many times, if you keep zerging the other faction long enough, eventually they will stop going into the RvR lakes, or even trying. I took a 2 years break, and came back 2 weeks ago, since I've been back the only time I see dest doing anything is in LOTD, when it comes to keeps, forts, they normally don't even bother defending. Every day I see Order zerging along, taking empty keeps, forts with 10 or less defenders, and think they are doing great because they zerged the other guys so hard they gave up.

The last time Dest invaded Altdorf was over a month ago back in October, the time before that was back in Aug, so in the last 3 months, Dest has gotten to Altdorf 2 times, vs Order zerging IC every 3 days for months. Something needs to be done, because if it continues you`ll end up with a one faction game and no reason to even bother playing, as it is slowly becoming a PVE game, and not what it was intended to be.

I have old Dest toons I made back in 2016 that I haven't really played in 4 years mainly due to Order was the underdog back then, and needed help as they lost most of the time, however I cant see any reason to keep playing my order toons, just to PVE my way to victory taking empty keeps, and forts, when I log on and see order doing that, i log off, no reason to play if its PVE , there are better PVE games out there.

Guess Its time to dust off my old Dest toons, as playing order is boring. I`ll see my old Alliance members Bene, Ctnk, Gimlie, Bitterstone, out in the Lakes, dont zerg me to much lol

Shadows of Divinity

DirkDaring KOBS
Drkevorkian WP
Heatmizer BW
Grizzlebeard IB

Earthcake

Post#54 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:55 pm

So order is whining they always lose lotd, without even trying to contest it (half leave after 1st fight)
and destro is whining they always lose fortresses, without even trying to defend

Unexpected, right ?

Garamore

Post#55 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:35 pm

I think equally matched numbers in lotd and 120-10 in forts is a little different. NA destro need a hero to step forward and run warbands.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Emissary
Community Management

Post#56 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:01 pm

Garamore wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:35 pm I think equally matched numbers in lotd and 120-10 in forts is a little different. NA destro need a hero to step forward and run warbands.
I have played a year and half now and destro steam rolled order on NA time for more than half of that. I can remember when several destro players came over to order because they said after the crest changes they steam rolled so much they did not need anymore crests on their destro toons (now they play order). 6 months from now we'll be talking about how order needs a NA hero to step up.

I agree with another post that said Destro complains about order in Forts, yet no destro shows up to fight and then order complains about LOTD but they do not bring their best to play in LOTD either.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Sulorie

Post#57 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:50 pm

Darkdargor wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:27 am What about:

If you play order, you have a 2 hour lockout from playing destro and vice-versa.
You think you are the first one with this idea? It doesn't work, it has loopholes.
Dying is no option.

DirkDaring

Post#58 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:02 pm

Emissary wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:01 pm
Garamore wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:35 pm I think equally matched numbers in lotd and 120-10 in forts is a little different. NA destro need a hero to step forward and run warbands.
I have played a year and half now and destro steam rolled order on NA time for more than half of that. I can remember when several destro players came over to order because they said after the crest changes they steam rolled so much they did not need anymore crests on their destro toons (now they play order). 6 months from now we'll be talking about how order needs a NA hero to step up.

I agree with another post that said Destro complains about order in Forts, yet no destro shows up to fight and then order complains about LOTD but they do not bring their best to play in LOTD either.

Yep 2016 thru 2019 Dest pretty much dominates the server, I remember when they first opened up T4 in 2016 it was dest everyday locking zones nonstop for a couple months then order would lock zones for a week, then back to nonstop dest zone locks.

When they first opened Forts, it was Dest pushing forts every day, most of the time they would have 2 forts going at the same time, order rarely pushed a fort back then and the win rate was 80% dest to 20% order, this went on for months, then finally dest started logging on their order toons to push IC as they got bored with 2 star Altdorf every night, but when they got to IC they swapped back to their dest to farm order in city lol

I left in 2019, until 2 weeks, ago but now it`s order hitting IC every 3 days and Dest hitting Altdorf once every couple months, pve keeps, pve forts 120 vs 10 yes there are defenders but may as well be Pve with the numbers really pretty boring, always more fun as the underdog side. I cant see a reason to keep playing as order just to get crests on alts I haven't played in 3 years that still need Sov lol

We need more order to play their dest toons, to help with game balance, its always more fun having more even numbers to fight than, just steam rolling empty keeps just to get crests.

Ads
shrredhn

Post#59 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:52 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:50 pm
Darkdargor wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:27 am What about:

If you play order, you have a 2 hour lockout from playing destro and vice-versa.
You think you are the first one with this idea? It doesn't work, it has loopholes.
The lockout doesn't even trigger most of the time from what I can tell. But punishments or preventative measures like that would never work regardless. They have to heavily incentivize playing the lower pop side.

Earthcake

Post#60 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:29 am

That's true.
However, we almost only play order atm cause destro has had such big "zerg" numbers for what it feels like months now (and somehow in this thread i only read order had numbers, i guess they all must play when there are only 3 ppl on the server and 2 happen to be on order...) that we just cannot play destro.
BUT, 2 days ago we finally played destro (i like to play both sides, dirty xrealmer) and order pushed a fort.
We went there to defend, with many other destro, and guess what ? Destro won the fort.

It seems that at the moment, cause it will change with time as it always had so far, when a fort happen, each and every destro alt tab to the forum to post a whine thread instead of defending.
Which lead them to lose, and feed their narrative even more.

And order does exactly the same thing about lotd.