Recent Topics

Ads

[zealot / rp] healing ritual

Let's talk about... everything else
Alubert

[zealot / rp] healing ritual

Post#1 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:44 pm

Hey.
Generally RP/Zealot are now considered a staple of any pt.
This is due in part to healing ritual.
This ritual is nowadays treated as direct heal and in my opinion this should not be the case.
It triggers almost all tactics and procs.
In this way healing ritual has naturally displaced all others.
I think this should be changed so that a good option would be to use ap ritual or absorb ritual.
This can be easily done. Healing with heal ritual should not be treated as direct heal.
The balance between healing classes would certainly be better.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Ads
Frankie

Re: [zealot / rp] healing ritual

Post#2 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:01 pm

If balance between 2 mirror classes are on par, there's an issue with balance between other healer classes? Nay! You know what, Zellies and RPs are doing the heavy lifting with practically zero viable option for anything else but heal spam, while the other 2 have options. I say they deserve the rituals (which all cost points and their proc tactics do likewise) to be strong.
Moirran, Zealot RR40+
Albin, Blackguard <40

Ferenz, Witch Hunter RR40+
Gottlob, Warrior Priest <40

Rotgut

Post#3 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:00 pm

Yeah, remove the proc triggering aoe ritual/rune and there is no reason to take those classes anymore.

Omegus

Post#4 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:09 pm

The master rune/ritual being a direct heal was a bug introduced in 2020 and does not match how other effects like this work. The devs are aware of this but it has not been changed yet as they know that rune/ritual is doing a lot of heavy lifting and the class will take a huuuuuuuge nerf in power/desirability. So for now, it's being kept as-is until the two classes get reworked/modified to compensate for the bug fix at the same time.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

JohnnyWayne

Post#5 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:22 pm

There are not enough broken classes in the game yet, break more mechanics that are still working fine. /facepalm

Alubert

Post#6 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:20 am

Rotgut wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:00 pm Yeah, remove the proc triggering aoe ritual/rune and there is no reason to take those classes anymore.
Before the RP/Zeal bug, it worked as expected.
I completely don't know where you get the information that without the bug these classes will be useless.
I would call it restoring the balance between healing classes.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Rotgut

Post#7 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:24 am

Alubert wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:20 am
Rotgut wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:00 pm Yeah, remove the proc triggering aoe ritual/rune and there is no reason to take those classes anymore.
Before the RP/Zeal bug, it worked as expected.
I completely don't know where you get the information that without the bug these classes will be useless.
I would call it restoring the balance between healing classes.
Because you bring Zealots and RPs, as you correctly stated, for their procs. AP Pump, Absorb Bubble and the 25% Incoming Healing buff - and all of those need either a direct heal or a critical direct heal which the Ritual/Master Rune provides. Their BiS spec is already nerfed as is, cuz the Triumph Proc isn't triggering as much as it should (been months now, no fix) but even when it was working, Zealots/RPs wouldn't beat a Shammy/AM in heals. Why do we want to nerf a Healer that isn't overperforming? The "cookie cutter" healer at that. Its good for the game that we have an easy to play Healer class on both sides.

And they are a sustain class, they make fights longer which opens up more opportunities for macro play. Sure, It is a FUBAR aspect of the game atm because the Morale Mechanic is super imbalanced, but it does provide the groundwork to build upon it if the devs want to. Fun **** that rewards more than just ungabunga with W.

I will say tho, i do agree that having "staple" classes is boring. But nerfing these classes so we don't even want to bring them anymore isn't the way. It a beautiful world, Devs would come up with different kinds of WBs. A "burst and kite" WB, a "hold and grind" WB, a proper ranged WB that doesnt need a 2nd WB to tank for you - and make it so they would require different classes to perform optimally. Make certain healers better at moving and bursting, and others at holding till you reach your timing. Wouldn't that be **** cool.
Last edited by Rotgut on Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nekkma

Post#8 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:43 am

This change should never have been allowed to exist this long. Zealot/RP was perfectly fine without it and getting all the proc benefits with the placing of a ritual once every 30 seconds is way to strong.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads