Recent Topics

Ads

Mara pull is a nice idea but...

Let's talk about... everything else
nebelwerfer

Re: Mara pull is a nice idea but...

Post#51 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:31 pm

make terrible embrace disruptable again. Jeez :?

Ads
zumos2

Post#52 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:43 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:31 pm make terrible embrace disruptable again. Jeez :?
It is disruptable ... So with three Hold The Line stacks and full Deft Defender you have a pretty good chance of disrupting. You can also CC the Marauder (knockdown/silence/knockback) or give yourself immunity with Vaul's Tempering. You could run a pull engineer which uses pull whenever the Marauder is stepping forward to keep in pull range.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Delerium69

Post#53 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:25 pm

Garamore wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:11 pm And in the mean time white lion has massive aoe interrupt and maras is rubbish. Lets keep requesting destro gets nerfed till its only order xrealmers left.
Don't they have a, very annoying, AOE knockdown instead?

trh382

Post#54 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:56 pm

Garamore wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:11 pm And in the mean time white lion has massive aoe interrupt and maras is rubbish. Lets keep requesting destro gets nerfed till its only order xrealmers left.
This is an important point - if a bit bitterly presented :P

There are lots of bugged/broken abilities in this game and its good to fix them, but oftentimes one side or the other is reliant on using the bugged/broken ability to be competitive in the lakes. I think weve seen a few cases of lakes imbalance being created by asymmetric implementation schedules on important fixes.

Minisynn

Post#55 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:38 am

Scragmuncher wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:17 pm I agree with Hazmy's reasons for taking the video down, but it was not intended as a 'gotcha' against specific players, just as evidence of how common this tactic now is.
Your guildmate who originally posted the video literally accused [unnamed NM and HoB guild leaders plz don't delete Hazmy] of "community poisoning" because of this, and explicitly said in the YT video description that the video was being used as evidence to supplement reporting them for "zone disruption" lol - and evidently since you're disappointed that it's not against the CoC you were hoping it would work.

It's been a common "tactic" for months - every single keep and wall in the game where this is possible has been well known for a long time now, and I struggle to think of a primetime siege in these particular keeps where I haven't seen people using pulls to grab people off of walls since the ability system rework dropped.

trh382 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:56 pm Oftentimes one side or the other is reliant on using the bugged/broken ability to be competitive in the lakes.
💀
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Avanos

Post#56 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:56 am

Minisynn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:38 am
Scragmuncher wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:17 pm I agree with Hazmy's reasons for taking the video down, but it was not intended as a 'gotcha' against specific players, just as evidence of how common this tactic now is.
Your guildmate who originally posted the video literally accused [unnamed NM and HoB guild leaders plz don't delete Hazmy] of "community poisoning" because of this, and explicitly said in the YT video description that the video was being used as evidence to supplement reporting them for "zone disruption" lol - and evidently since you're disappointed that it's not against the CoC you were hoping it would work.

It's been a common "tactic" for months - every single keep and wall in the game where this is possible has been well known for a long time now, and I struggle to think of a primetime siege in these particular keeps where I haven't seen people using pulls to grab people off of walls since the ability system rework dropped.

trh382 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:56 pm Oftentimes one side or the other is reliant on using the bugged/broken ability to be competitive in the lakes.
💀
You know.. I'm still quite surprised that more people don't cry for WE/WH punt to be removed or nerfed.. Its far more effective compared to a mara getting a lucky pull off a wall..
Veretta the Witch Elf

Moonbiter

Post#57 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:01 am

You can also CC the Marauder (knockdown/silence/knockback) or give yourself immunity with Vaul's Tempering.
+I've seen the pull was absorbed.

Garamore

Post#58 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:29 am

Can’t wl pounce then pull a banner and punt people. Let’s remove pounce…….. or simple answer for order is don’t stand still on the wall. If I stand on the wall I’d get hit by every bw, sw. Wl 400ft aoe in the game so simply don’t stand still there…….. I don’t come to forums to demand bw, sw get their skills removed.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
rrrutsss

Post#59 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:09 am

Garamore wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:29 am Can’t wl pounce then pull a banner and punt people. Let’s remove pounce…….. or simple answer for order is don’t stand still on the wall. If I stand on the wall I’d get hit by every bw, sw. Wl 400ft aoe in the game so simply don’t stand still there…….. I don’t come to forums to demand bw, sw get their skills removed.
Like Sorc and squig arent ranged classes...

The problem is not that ranged classes can hit you while you stand on the wall, the problem is a meele class can pull you down from the effn wall dude.

akisnaakkeli

Post#60 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:32 am

rrrutsss wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:09 am
Garamore wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:29 am Can’t wl pounce then pull a banner and punt people. Let’s remove pounce…….. or simple answer for order is don’t stand still on the wall. If I stand on the wall I’d get hit by every bw, sw. Wl 400ft aoe in the game so simply don’t stand still there…….. I don’t come to forums to demand bw, sw get their skills removed.
Like Sorc and squig arent ranged classes...

The problem is not that ranged classes can hit you while you stand on the wall, the problem is a meele class can pull you down from the effn wall dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Zw4FUPacc Man just check how FUN magus/engi pulling used to be, and this mentality of "being safe somewhere in the RVR" is so stupid imo. There shouldnt be sace places.+ this way both sides can do this if engi/magus pull works like it used to. Also 9 aoe cap must be brought back so brainless ae spam wont always win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n9wm3uHmgk And this is how WL should be! Just watch these both and come with argument why it shouldnt be like this? When WL worked like this and the pet as well it was the most fun class ive ever played in any game, at least melee with dps WP/Dok but in super different way.