Recent Topics

Ads

Mara pull is a nice idea but...

Let's talk about... everything else
Minisynn

Re: Mara pull is a nice idea but...

Post#21 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:55 am

yobogoya wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:04 am These are influential people, and they are leading by example, to exploit, ruin RvR, and all-in-all play scummy. I'd call this not only Zone Disruption but Community Poisoning.
Video of Evilspinnre and Garamor exploiting pull bugs to zone disrupt Praag during a siege. 2 influential warband leaders "leading by example." This video is to supplement the report of zone disruption.

"Community poisoning" hahahaha Christ, Ret's campaign to get Evil banned is getting more embarrassing by the day 💀

FWIW, pulls have been functioning like this for at least 3 months, and if it was a punishable offence then half of the Engi/Magus/WL/Mara players on the server would have their accounts banned. Mara pull is particularly egregious (as it has been for years) and it should probably go on half CD when it's taunted, but regardless this is nothing new and framing it as "zone disruption" and trying to use it as ammo to get people banned is laughable.

Is it ideal? Nah, not really, as with every long lasting bug in RoR, of which we've had god knows how many over the years - but you quite clearly showed in your video example that you were intentionally letting yourselves get pulled off the wall to try and make reportable evidence against other players, when you could have literally stood anywhere else to LoS the pulls. There wasn't even a postern or any real reason to stay on that one wall in north Praag keep outer wall where this is possible.

Who knows though, maybe this'll be the one that finally gets him banned and you can enjoy farming thousands of pug kills 7 nights a week instead of 6 like present with the 24-48 man WL/BW stack, like the wholesome 100 community you guys are 🥰
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Ads
Moonbiter

Post#22 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:07 am

Scragmuncher wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:25 pm - It ignores immunities most of the time, it doesn't matter what immunities you have, you can still be pulled the majority of the time. (happy to provide video evidence to prove this)
- It can be used to pull people off keep walls in most keeps now, and Des WB leads are doing this constantly. (happy to provide video evidence to prove this)
- It can be used through a huge amount of terrain, trees, rocks, walls, doors etc etc which gives people even fewer ways to avoid it. You can click a keep door, see yourself inside the keep, and still get pulled back outside. 100% not acceptable. (again, happy to...)

2) - rewards poor and unskilled gameplay.
As mentioned above, there is very little that we can do to stop this in an open field, and it massively rewards poor and unskilled gameplay. As an example, there was a mara on the killboard earlier this month with over 1k kills and almost no deaths
A lot of emotions ere.
1. It is not. If there is a bug, it will be fixed. And pull does not ignore immunities. Neva see dat during my play. I see pull broken all the time: trees, interrupts, disrupts, on direction change to backward, on SW leap back, l and so on. Pull is 30% less effective now (after balance patch).

2. Going that way, go remove SW's Featering Arrow :) By the way, I can't see any mara at all:
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com/
:mrgreen:

siglade

Post#23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:21 am

Big exploit.. how wait just one random getting pulled because he keep show himself. Next what, remove WH-WE punt, all pounce, all ranged punt ?

EDIT: Edited out the Video Link from Quote due to Name & Shame - Hazmy, Community Management
bachata, excommunicate abuser

Asderas27

Post#24 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 am

AoE WL player talking about rewarding poor and unskilled gameplay....
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

rrrutsss

Post#25 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:57 am

siglade wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:21 am Big exploit.. how wait just one random getting pulled because he keep show himself. Next what, remove WH-WE punt, all pounce, all ranged punt ?
One random pull? You can see the dude was trying to pull all this time running around trying to find angles to exploit pull.
It happens very often but this time it got recorded and shared.
So by your logic people should not stand on the keep walls so that they wont get pulled? What kind of messed up logic is that? Pulls should not work from such height and thats it.
Coming here defending exploiters is pretty dumb in itself but you do you...

EDIT: Edited out the Video Link from Quote due to Name & Shame - Hazmy, Community Management

siglade

Post#26 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:43 am

What he was trying to do, throwing axe ? Again you are saying exploit but nothing wrong here.
bachata, excommunicate abuser

Delerium69

Post#27 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:06 am

Marapull is a 99% death sentence in oRvR. Its also, usually, followed by an insta KD... So if you do manage to survive the 'flight' covered in dots, the KD will disable any ability to punt, detaunt, run away. No skill should have this power.

I was in a SC with my WL yesterday and spotted a mara that I know loves to use his pull so i sent my WL (with the tactic spec to increase its speed) over to him and pulled him. Yey! Downside was that for the next 6 spawns, as soon as i appeared in the screen I was instapulled by him followed by the insta death scenario.

So some point:

1. WL pull is non-comparible. We have to 'waste' a tactic slot to even get our lion to move slightly faster.

2. WL pull is not an insta cast. You have to find your target, set your lion on the run.... hope he doesnt die on the way and then pray to the gods that the target doesnt see a huge lion on the way to it.

3. Based on 1 + 2. Marapull = instacast. WL Pull = 10 secs 'setup' to get it to work.

Some partial solutions could be:

Mara:
1. Grant KD immunity when pulled to avoid the pull/kd combo.
2. Put pull on cooldown when interrupted.

WL:
1. Increase speed of WL MASSIVELY and its hitpoints significantly higher to make it viable in oRvR combat. Perhaps have a shared HP with WL and Pet.

SpinnySpin

F4llen4ngel

Post#28 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:11 am

As i see in this video, Knut had no immunity (against pull, KB, root) at the time of the pull, only against stagger, KD, and immunity triggered right after the pull happened, the double immunity icons are on the same timer tho, so it can be a visual bug.
No brainer is that maras can pull off from both the praag keep walls, reikland side of the other one, even choppas, thats a joke.

Bicska this Bicska that

Ads
tazdingo

Post#29 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:31 am

arEntropic wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 pm it is impossible for a tank to walk in and punt a person out of a 100 man blob

its not, just takes very specific builds

Gunlinger

Post#30 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:39 am

The Pull itself is not the problem. The problem is that it is almost impossible to avoid to be pulled if your class does not have a specific m1.

And the even bigger problem is the way the ability works. Every other pull in this game goes on cooldown if you cast it and not get someone pulled to you. But the mara pull is not disrupted and set on CD. It just gets set back and can be recasted immediatly. THAT is the issue. Choppa, Magus and Engi pull with noone to be pulled means big Cooldown. Lion pet getting killed in Aoe spam means Pull fully stopped and having to call the lion again.