Recent Topics

Ads

Mara pull is a nice idea but...

Let's talk about... everything else
CyunUnderis

Re: Mara pull is a nice idea but...

Post#41 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:54 pm

trh382 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:01 pm
2. Give white lion pets a usable juggernaugt ability similar to tanks OR a usable sprint ability similar to charge that would enable more use of pulls with good micro

This is already the case thanks to 3 abilities :

In some cases, a WL's pull is harder to counter then a Marauder's pull.

Ads
Moonbiter

Post#42 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:03 pm

trh382 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:01 pm There is almost universal agreement in this thread that Mara pull and WL pet pull (the order mirror) are not functioning as they should in ways that hurt order and help destro. In particular, because the pulls can be an individually high impact ability.

Everyone even agrees on the fixes:
1. Address the bugs on Mara pull and the no cd so that the skill is counterable with good play
2. Address the WL pet bugs so that the pet can be used more in Orvr and the two sides mirror more
Nice try :mrgreen:

There is no agreement on anything except that bugs must be fixed.

Every argument to make CD on pull abort or other balance things waz countered as it seems.

Scragmuncher

Post#43 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:17 pm

A shame to see this topic get so quickly derailed by "what about..." comments, but I guess that's just the way it is.
I will look at compiling some extra evidence on just how broken this skill is over the next few days.
A bit of a disappointment to see that pulling people from walls is not seen as against the CoC, as it can be an extremely disruptive playstyle that is difficult to counter, I.e trying to get a rez from the walls, the healer gets pulled so another healer has to go up and face the same issue. This can have a huge impact on a siege.

Just FYI, in the video that was linked previously, we were not 'baiting' pulls, we were looking for a wb that was meant to be pushing from ch19. I agree with Hazmy's reasons for taking the video down, but it was not intended as a 'gotcha' against specific players, just as evidence of how common this tactic now is.
Knutkrusher - The man, the myth, the dead body on the floor.

trh382

Post#44 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:54 pm
trh382 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:01 pm
2. Give white lion pets a usable juggernaugt ability similar to tanks OR a usable sprint ability similar to charge that would enable more use of pulls with good micro

This is already the case thanks to 3 abilities :

In some cases, a WL's pull is harder to counter then a Marauder's pull.
This is a good point, maybe that issue is more that you cant justify using the lion as it wont live in the blob and you lose 20% dmg.

What do you think of adding the aoe resistance to pets so they live in the blob more?

Scragmuncher

Post#45 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 am AoE WL player talking about rewarding poor and unskilled gameplay....
Unfortunately SL AOE spec is fully broken at the moment so WL (and BW if you count that as 'mdps') is the only viable AOE mdps on order currently. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

knick

Post#46 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:58 pm

As a WL and mara player i can clearly say that both pulls have their strengths and weaknesses.
But If i had to choose which one is "stronger" in the lakes i would always go with my lion pull. With the right amount of skill you will always pull from behind, it came by surprise and is instantly.
If Mara pulls its like a big fat arrow over their head indicating every one around what's going on and can be interrupted in so many ways.

And this "my pet dies so fast cant pull" blabla is a excuse for bad game understanding and interpretation of fights. My 5 bucks...
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Scragmuncher

Post#47 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:40 pm

knick wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:58 pm As a WL and mara player i can clearly say that both pulls have their strengths and weaknesses.
But If i had to choose which one is "stronger" in the lakes i would always go with my lion pull. With the right amount of skill you will always pull from behind, it came by surprise and is instantly.
If Mara pulls its like a big fat arrow over their head indicating every one around what's going on and can be interrupted in so many ways.

And this "my pet dies so fast cant pull" blabla is a excuse for bad game understanding and interpretation of fights. My 5 bucks...

WL pull is definitely good, its just not a spec that is particularly useful for WB play, which is the biggest part of the game. As a rough guess maybe 5% of WL in the zone will be running a pull spec, whereas 100% of maras have it.

Kragg

Post#48 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Destro on the barricades again, trying to stir the conversation towards an Order class. ;) :P
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
othr

Post#49 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 pm

I just learned from this thread that WL pulls are way worse than mara pulls. Whataboutism at its best.

Garamore

Post#50 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:11 pm

And in the mean time white lion has massive aoe interrupt and maras is rubbish. Lets keep requesting destro gets nerfed till its only order xrealmers left.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore