Recent Topics

Ads

Mara pull is a nice idea but...

Let's talk about... everything else
Hazmy
Community Management

Re: Mara pull is a nice idea but...

Post#31 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:42 am

Hey there, please keep the thread civil and avoid attacking each other, I had to remove posts due to Naming & Shaming already.

Reports or accusing players for in-game behavior is not allowed on the forums. If you feel players are violating the Code of Conduct, use the in-game report or privately contact the Game Masters Team.

If it is feedback and/or bug-report for an in-game mechanic then please keep the thread on topic and stay constructive and objective about it.

Cheers.

Ads
Gegga

Post#32 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:50 am

If tanks use Hold the line! Then you should have enough disrupt to not get pulled. Intentionally getting pulled and then using that to report someone is special for sure.
Samson Biceps, famous egg.
Not toxic.

leftayparxoun

Post#33 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am

FYI: Pulling/Jumping on walls is not a violation of CoC and it should get fixed eventually like other bugs.

Source:
Onlymelee MSH, Onlyhealing Zealot, Onlyhater BG - Entropy and Chaos

"All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride."
The Antigone of Sophocles

Phantasm

Post#34 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:21 am

And now, try same pull with White lion pet :)

yobogoya

Post#35 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:08 pm

All pulls should be removed. Punts are enough. They have a risk/reward associated with them that pulls do not. And if pulls are to remain, it is unacceptable that one side has more pulls than the other.

Ninjagon

Post#36 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:16 pm

Avanos wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:17 am Same can be said for WL pull..
Stop complaining about it and just deal with it. Its not that big of an issue.
Potatoes and apples. They are the same (food), right?
Rivers and oceans. They are the same (water), right?

The most pathetic and/or funny comment so far.
What kind of people can say, that Mara and WL pulls are the same? I don't get it. Avanos, please, get some reliable information first.

If you want to know, I was pulled from these walls at Praag keep like 1 min after the short video ended. Maybe I am not supposed to stay on walls and watch the enemy movements bellow ? (lol)

Can anybody please explain to me, why one faction of players can pull our WB leaders repeatedly and freely into the death ball, while other faction cannot?
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Swordmasterror

Post#37 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:30 pm

Until both sides accept that Dest has the best mechanics and ccs, this game will not become balanced. If not even the Devs admit this, imagine when players just stare at their own navels?

Swordmasterror

Post#38 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:37 pm

The choppa pulls it through the floor... in Ostland they can pull it from the outside to the second floor hahaha it's very bizarre how the Dest classes are broken...

Ads
trh382

Post#39 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:01 pm

This thread is, unfortunately, a total disaster.

I think that everyone is focused on specific instances/frustrations rather than pulling back and thinking about the game balance issues that have been identified.

There is almost universal agreement in this thread that Mara pull and WL pet pull (the order mirror) are not functioning as they should in ways that hurt order and help destro. In particular, because the pulls can be an individually high impact ability.

Everyone even agrees on the fixes:
1. Address the bugs on Mara pull and the no cd so that the skill is counterable with good play
2. Address the WL pet bugs so that the pet can be used more in Orvr and the two sides mirror more

I think 2 is very important as one of the reason destro is so easy to pull on is that they dont have to worry about counter pulls very much.

Fixing mara pull is simply a dev resources issue. I am sure that they are aware of it (are they? do we have a bug report up?)

Fixing WL pet is complicated - AAA game studios have troubles getting pets to function properly... I think you are going to have long term troubles with them almost no matter what.

Two solutions that I think would help enormously with white lion pets:

1. Add a default ability to white lion pets that make it take 95% reduced damage from all aoe abilities so that it doesnt just randomly die in the blob. Its still easy to target down, but it has to be actually targeted.

2. Give white lion pets a usable juggernaugt ability similar to tanks OR a usable sprint ability similar to charge that would enable more use of pulls with good micro

these changes would also incent players to diversify away from the spin spam gameplay that is basically mandatory on both sides right now

We would probably get better results as a community if we talked about these problems constructively and presented reasonable solutions to devs in the form of community consensus.

Consider - if we ran a poll who would vote against fixing mara pull bugs, adding a cd when its taunted, and making some updates to WL pets to make pet spec viable in RvR?

Speedyluck

Post#40 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:27 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 am AoE WL player talking about rewarding poor and unskilled gameplay....
:lol: :lol: :lol: