Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario guards

Let's talk about... everything else
shoelessHN

Scenario guards

Post#1 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 am

Is there a reason they don't kill people that get too close anymore? When you're being farmed cuz your side has 4 tanks and 8 dps at least you could go punt the people that got too close into the guards. Now even that fun doesn't work.

Ads
Fey

Re: Scenario guards

Post#2 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:12 am

Between poor placement and barriers scen guards barely exist. I'm baffled by it, but I personally have given up. Best not to think about it.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

HarlockTaliesin

Post#3 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:09 am

I've always found it odd that the scen warcamps don't have ranged guards in the front to attack campers who are too close. It's a bit ridiculous when a choppa can run to the base of a warcamp and pull people out with GTDC right near a guard and the guard does nothing, or a mara can even get within pull range without triggering a guard. At the very least increase the aggro range of the camp guards so it covers 80-100 feet from the warcamp.

Dackjanielz

Post#4 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:30 am

Just wait until SCs are revamped, not worth it until then.

JohnnyWayne

Post#5 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:28 am

In the last WE SC, someone really was a smartypants and gave destro melee guards while order has range guards. Order guards kill targets that are pulled up to the spawn mid flight where as destro guards don't even care if order is walking around up top on the platform.

Rubius
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:32 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:28 am In the last WE SC, someone really was a smartypants and gave destro melee guards while order has range guards. Order guards kill targets that are pulled up to the spawn mid flight where as destro guards don't even care if order is walking around up top on the platform.
Let me know which scenarios are like this; I can get these swapped around so it's even for both sides.

JohnnyWayne

Post#7 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:28 pm

Rubius wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:32 pm
JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:28 am In the last WE SC, someone really was a smartypants and gave destro melee guards while order has range guards. Order guards kill targets that are pulled up to the spawn mid flight where as destro guards don't even care if order is walking around up top on the platform.
Let me know which scenarios are like this; I can get these swapped around so it's even for both sides.
Well Logrin's Forge was the one I noticed last weekend. I'll keep an eye out, in case I notice that again.

Rubius
Developer

Post#8 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:08 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:28 pm
Well Logrin's Forge was the one I noticed last weekend. I'll keep an eye out, in case I notice that again.
Appreciate it!

Just fixed up the guards in Logrin's Forge. Whoever spotted it was correct that Order had ranged guards up front, and Destro had melee. Swapped this so both sides have the same now. Fix will go live in the next patch.

Ads
Waaghtastic

Post#9 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 am

Rubius wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:08 am Appreciate it!

Just fixed up the guards in Logrin's Forge. Whoever spotted it was correct that Order had ranged guards up front, and Destro had melee. Swapped this so both sides have the same now. Fix will go live in the next patch.
Just want to say thank you for having an eye on the forum as well and taking actions from posts here 👍 Bug tracker is often times too complicated for regular users so I guess a lot of things don't really end up there (just my thoughts).

JohnnyWayne

Post#10 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 am

Rubius wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:08 am
JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:28 pm

Appreciate it!

Thx, I hope both got ranged guards :P