Recent Topics

Ads

Fixing the melee channel in the future?

Let's talk about... everything else
Zxul

Re: Fixing the melee channel in the future?

Post#11 » Sun May 05, 2024 1:33 am

Alubert wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:56 pm It seems to me that this is a line-of-sight issue.
The problem occurred at the time of line of sight patch.
If you use the channel ability and your target passes behind your back or beside you and is not in your line of sight the channel breaks.
At least that's how it seems to me.
Yep what Alubert said. Likely the reason is combination of narrow LoS cone, and RoR melee being about turning all around each other trying to get to sides/ back. Currently as a melee I wouldn't use any ability which isn't instacast, unless it doesn't requires target.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
yoluigi

Post#12 » Sun May 05, 2024 3:43 am

Zxul wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:33 am
Alubert wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:56 pm It seems to me that this is a line-of-sight issue.
The problem occurred at the time of line of sight patch.
If you use the channel ability and your target passes behind your back or beside you and is not in your line of sight the channel breaks.
At least that's how it seems to me.
Yep what Alubert said. Likely the reason is combination of narrow LoS cone, and RoR melee being about turning all around each other trying to get to sides/ back. Currently as a melee I wouldn't use any ability which isn't instacast, unless it doesn't requires target.
Unfortunatly for the wp or dok that's like a big core ability and very annoying. Basically a fight i could win or heal an ally but just stop for no reasons after 1 second.

Ysaran

Post#13 » Sun May 05, 2024 8:54 am

Hazmy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:52 pm May I ask some of you who do experience this very harshly, how far you are from the Server ( France ) ?

The further you are, the worse it is, so I am just gathering some feedback on it. It has been modified before.
I'm from Italy and I noticed this same problem. As far as I can understand from the various fights the problem is LoS as already explained by @Alubert
Zputadenti

fatelvis

Post#14 » Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 am

Another factor is terrain. If you are walking over small obstacles like stones and ledges and "drop down" this also interrupts channels similiar to jumping.

yoluigi

Post#15 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:20 pm

Yeah i did more test pretty much wont work on moving targets if both move soo work pretty much only against a healer standing his ground and healing without moving goodluck on a WE trying to get your back. This need fix asap

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#16 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:24 pm

I am leveling a Warrior Priest now and to me the channel works fairly flawlessly, though you have to focus the camera well and often keep backpaddling.

I am in Europe though, so my speculation is that this is very much a latency issue unfortunately.

Faction69

Post#17 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:25 pm

Hazmy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:52 pm May I ask some of you who do experience this very harshly, how far you are from the Server ( France ) ?

The further you are, the worse it is, so I am just gathering some feedback on it. It has been modified before.
My ping is 180 and outside of optimal circumstances (like a stunned, unmoving opponent while I also am not moving) it's too unreliable to use consistently

Avanos

Post#18 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:26 pm

I haven't noticed any issues with my ruthless assault channel.
Veretta the Witch Elf

Ads
yoluigi

Post#19 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:35 pm

Avanos wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:26 pm I haven't noticed any issues with my ruthless assault channel.
I dont think it's on all channel because on my Chosen i dont have any problem with the channel work 90% of the time.

vanbuinen77

Post#20 » Mon May 06, 2024 8:16 pm

Remove the los cone effect from channels.

Pretty easy to fix.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman