Recent Topics

Ads

Fixing the melee channel in the future?

Let's talk about... everything else
Omegus

Re: Fixing the melee channel in the future?

Post#21 » Mon May 06, 2024 8:47 pm

Are we sure it's actually broken, or is it now back to actually working properly? For the past 3 years or the code for checking ability facing was broken and turned everything into 360 degrees, allowing for such hilarious things such as RDPS firing arrows/grenades/etc out of their arse and melee (plus all channels) working when you are facing away from your opponent. You could literally be back-to-back with your opponent and it would still work.

Rather than just flat out removing the facing checks from channels (which then puts you back into the jank state for the past few years), an alternative fix - assuming it's something that actually needs fixing rather then players needing to be more careful with their high damage channels - is that if the enemy is outside of the attack arc then only that single tick fails without ending the channel. You keep channelling, and the other ticks still have a chance to do damage if you get the opponent back into your front arc.

Changes the punishment for poor positioning/punishment to losing out on that hit, not losing out on the entire channel.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
akisnaakkeli

Post#22 » Tue May 07, 2024 4:22 am

Avanos wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:26 pm I haven't noticed any issues with my ruthless assault channel.
Ruthless assault and trial by pain have 30ft range thats why they work. Melee channels are supposed to break after target is more than 25ft away but you need to be 5ft to start the channel. And yes im 100% sure they are broken doesnt really matter which class im playing that has 3s channel 8s cd. Biggest issue is wp/dok dps build because now they have 0 healing and no extra rf/essence to use divine strike/consume essence.

They break now like at 7-8ft and i didnt get even one full ether dance in yesterday if target was moving, and it just stops no interrupts needed. Ranged Kiting is now like it was Live but Melee Channels are very broken atm. I dont think melee skills ever have had "Cone of fire" or if they did it didnt work like this.

Niemosin7

Post#23 » Tue May 07, 2024 5:04 am

I am so glad someone brings this up. In my situation, I live in southeast Asia, and yes the lag is quite high during EU time. When the target moves slightly to the left or right, my SM ether dance channel always stops with the prompt 'Target out of the line of sight' even though I still see them literally in front of me, and I have to use a **** ton of prediction to guess their movement ahead of time just to keep the channel from breaking. It is manageable, but super frustrated. I really wish this got improved.

yoluigi

Post#24 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:34 pm

I had less trouble channel on my IB than my WP channel but yeah unless the guy DONT MOVE and YOU DONT MOVE it wont work. Even if they remove the "cone patch" and ranged can 360 it's the same as going diagonal and clicking abilities. Wont matter much but for melee channel now for the dok/wp it's broken.

oaliaen

Post#25 » Thu May 09, 2024 6:21 pm

Sometimea my choppa gets interruptor by 1 seconded after using being It on and the healing channel