Recent Topics

Ads

Coming back?

Let's talk about... everything else
Silverbow100

Coming back?

Post#1 » Thu May 23, 2024 5:40 pm

Is it worth to come back? Back when I had originally played, there was alot of toxicity in the game from both players and the staff team (Keep in mind this was 3 years ago? maybe more?) I had enjoyed the game and all it offered but the drama kinda killed it at the time for me. Further, it seemed that there was no "catching up" to the higher tier gameplay and you couldn't really do much in terms of leveling a character to 40 and actually being useful. Has t2-t3 separated from t4 yet? Have they allowed players to permanently stay in t1 yet? Hows the game?! Tell me things pls!

Ads
HammerGuy

Re: Coming back?

Post#2 » Thu May 23, 2024 9:00 pm

The only way to tolerate this game is with alcohol or friends, preferably both.

They're in the middle of working on the dungeons. BS, GB, and HV are available. HV was just released a few weeks ago. BB/BE and the Crypts and Sewers are out of commission. They're also reworking abilities and archetypes, but it's slow goings. The best part of the ability rework thus far is that rampage doesn't melt destro tank walls anymore, so if you played a tank on destro you should give it another shot.

I'm not sure what you mean by leveling to 40. It's as easy as it ever was. The dungeon lockout timer is down to roughly once a day. You can level to 40 quickly, do BL, GB, HV, and BS so that you're in the pve equivalent of invader in roughly 3 weeks. You'll still get hammered by the 80s that have been playing this game for decades but the leveling and gear isn't the problem as much as them knowing every little caveat and having an organized group.

My main gripes are having premade vs pug so often in scenarios, how open RvR is a matter of who is more organized or more blobbed to the point of it becoming a steamroll, and the overreliance on aoe.

Aelteris

Post#3 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:15 am

I just returned and have been loving it.

Templa

Post#4 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:19 pm

There are no real alternatives for Siege PvP. ESO might get close. GW2 is a joke and has been for years without any meaningful changes to WvW. Daoc is to old and dated. Toxicity will always be a staple for PvP focused games because people overestimate themselves and blame others for their own mistakes. Balancing problems just fuel toxicity.
If you let drama get to you because 2 grown men hate each other for some godforsaken reason in a video game the internet might not be the right place for you :)
Image Image