Recent Topics

Ads

Please add Barrier to every Warcamp in all Tier Zones

Let's talk about... everything else
Templa

Re: Please add Barrier to every Warcamp in all Tier Zones

Post#21 » Mon May 27, 2024 1:53 pm

If we introduce some kind of mechanic where one side could cap a warcamp and lock a zone through it, this will result in a overwhelmingly 1 sided meta that completley rolls over all enemy zones to hit Fort asap to maximise on RR? Why do i say that? Because that's exacly what i would do if i wanted to get free RR without having to invest into anything. No RR needed. No Gear needed. Just an overwhelming mass of people steamrolling over anything.

My reasoning:
I dunno how many people remember the days in early 2020 around the time a rather famous mmorpg youtuber made a video about RoR and we had around 4k people active during peak times. What we did on destro during that time was create a guild and alliance that essentially overwhelmed any fight in RvR lakes without any chance of possible loss in lakes because we just ran zergs with over 200 people. Lasted for a few months with a lot of controversy surrounding the whole thing and people flaming and hating on most Singularity Members, but the Renown gains guys. lemme tell you....juice :D
And i bet execly the same would happen again if Warcamps are made attackable. Maybe not with a hive Guild but definitely in a form where Guilds stick together or alliances combine.

On the other hand I believe removing barriers in scenarios could help shorten SC length immensly if the matchup is incredibly one sided and that side can just force end a scenario in 5 minutes by destroying/capturing some kind of enemy spawn objective. This would increase the need to play as premades to succeed and force people to play together to win. For balanced SCs we have Ranked SCs or Discordant Skirmish right?
Image Image

Ads
Everdin

Post#22 » Tue May 28, 2024 8:19 am

There is no question, having no barriers (natural or this stupid red walls) would improve the chances of getting something done in a, otherwise lost, scenario.

Things changes if you have a really good range premade, if they know what they do they can play with every enemy on the battlefield like puppets. (Engange if enemy stop chasing, pull back to warcamp as soon as they come again).

You might say "just stop chasing them" but they won't stop attacking you. Additional it would incentive lazy play, waiting for the opponent to engange you, kick into spawn, win.

The, in my opinion, best move woud be:

- Keeping natural barrieres (and add them into every sc), you can't go back fully into your warcamp again.

- Make it really difficult and EQUAL chances to kick people into guards (it should NOT be the target to get guards the job done for you)

- Add a warcamp buff scaling with kill difference, bigger difference on kills = the lower side recieve less and do more damage. (As long as buff is active time of sc will run out faster, points will tick higher on the dominant side to end sc as fast as possible

- remove surrender
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Fey

Post#23 » Wed May 29, 2024 2:33 am

Let's put it this way. If I am guaranteed 3-4k renown for a scenario, then I'll go out and get farmed. If I'm getting 600-900 I'm just going to log off and play minesweeper x-treme edition.

Regular whatever weekly scenarios are fine. The weekend scenarios should give a floor of maybe 2k RR. That will go along way to assuaging the pain of getting owned in the face.

Bribe me, is what I'm saying. Have it scale with RRrank. If your RR <50 you get 3k renown for queuing up on a weekend event scenario. You feed the try-hard KDA, and you also get some generous pleb renown. Everyone is happy.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Roids

Post#24 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:01 am

I just hope that they rework many SCs finally and support SC players more, not just open PvP.

Bozzax

Post#25 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:39 am

Remove barriers, remove random spawn points, have guards protect the entry to the sc , remove surrender, remove solo only queue

The argument that ranged may outplay melee sounds like booo hoooo

Also the fact that groups aren’t considered queued for group ranked while being queued is amazing

Would solve many problems

But I expect nothyto change anyway and we will continue this slow and steady decline of pop
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Bozzax

Post#26 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:43 am

The current vision for war has been tested for many years now and it isn’t going anywhere simple as that
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

shoelessHN

Post#27 » Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:18 am

I see they removed death (counts) from the killboard. Is that a bug or an intended change?

Nameless

Post#28 » Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:21 am

Intentionally, personally I dont like it and now killboards become even more worthless for healers
Last edited by Nameless on Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Bozzax

Post#29 » Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:23 am

Yep not an improvement in any way

Diapazon

Post#30 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:00 am

Finally, people who were worried about KDA will be able to take a break from the game and not play it so intensely, a good change in favor of casuals who are already fully dressed and may not play at all. ;)