Recent Topics

Ads

Best Solo Destro class

Let's talk about... everything else
jafh123
Posts: 54

Re: Best Solo Destro class

Post#11 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:48 am

salazarn wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:18 pm Lots of options but 2 stand out for pure degeneracy.

If u can stand the mind numbing boringnes u can build a witch elf as a tank. Then you can just have incredibly stale low intensity fights where no one can kill u 1v1.

However the most broken option is obviously dps shaman. Free 240 toughness insane kite great heals and unkillable 1v1 and u can tab dot people for high damage from range. Being able to do everything you have literally zero identity as a class and this coupled with being OP probably makes it unsatisfying to play. But God knows that wont stop the greaselords on this server.
DPS shamans have hard counters in 1v1, IB is an example.

WE can go full regen, but it also has counters, although it can escape in stealth and not die.

Ads
User avatar
Templa
Posts: 129
Contact:

Re: Best Solo Destro class

Post#12 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:07 am

jafh123 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:48 am
salazarn wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:18 pm Lots of options but 2 stand out for pure degeneracy.

If u can stand the mind numbing boringnes u can build a witch elf as a tank. Then you can just have incredibly stale low intensity fights where no one can kill u 1v1.

However the most broken option is obviously dps shaman. Free 240 toughness insane kite great heals and unkillable 1v1 and u can tab dot people for high damage from range. Being able to do everything you have literally zero identity as a class and this coupled with being OP probably makes it unsatisfying to play. But God knows that wont stop the greaselords on this server.
DPS shamans have hard counters in 1v1, IB is an example.

WE can go full regen, but it also has counters, although it can escape in stealth and not die.
you are not allowed to name shaman counters here. The recent consenus is that shamans are beyond broken and need to be nerfed asap

On a serious note agree with previous mentions:
- Shaman (really fun kit, very diverse)
- Dok (same as shaman but melee)
- Chosen (as a tank you can easily solo tank all pve content and chosen has a great 2h spec for solo roaming)
- WE (for pure survivabiliy and cherry picking comfortable fights)
- Marauder (very versatile, bruiser like kit, has a higher learning curve than most other classes due to mandatory stance switching to be effective)
Image
Image Image

salazarn
Posts: 80

Re: Best Solo Destro class

Post#13 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:39 pm

jafh123 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:48 am
salazarn wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:18 pm Lots of options but 2 stand out for pure degeneracy.

If u can stand the mind numbing boringnes u can build a witch elf as a tank. Then you can just have incredibly stale low intensity fights where no one can kill u 1v1.

However the most broken option is obviously dps shaman. Free 240 toughness insane kite great heals and unkillable 1v1 and u can tab dot people for high damage from range. Being able to do everything you have literally zero identity as a class and this coupled with being OP probably makes it unsatisfying to play. But God knows that wont stop the greaselords on this server.
DPS shamans have hard counters in 1v1, IB is an example.

WE can go full regen, but it also has counters, although it can escape in stealth and not die.
What counters shaman exactly? IB? How? How will they ever catch a sham? How will they ever hurt a sham?

Farrul
Posts: 336

Re: Best Solo Destro class

Post#14 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:49 pm

salazarn wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:39 pm
jafh123 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:48 am
salazarn wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:18 pm Lots of options but 2 stand out for pure degeneracy.

If u can stand the mind numbing boringnes u can build a witch elf as a tank. Then you can just have incredibly stale low intensity fights where no one can kill u 1v1.

However the most broken option is obviously dps shaman. Free 240 toughness insane kite great heals and unkillable 1v1 and u can tab dot people for high damage from range. Being able to do everything you have literally zero identity as a class and this coupled with being OP probably makes it unsatisfying to play. But God knows that wont stop the greaselords on this server.
DPS shamans have hard counters in 1v1, IB is an example.

WE can go full regen, but it also has counters, although it can escape in stealth and not die.
What counters shaman exactly? IB? How? How will they ever catch a sham? How will they ever hurt a sham?
IB kills undergeared or glass cannons shamans . There is literally nothing an IB can do against an experienced hybrid shaman. The good ones don't seem to active these days since being overpowered i guess gets boring quickly.

jafh123
Posts: 54

Re: Best Solo Destro class

Post#15 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:38 pm

;)
salazarn wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:39 pm
jafh123 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:48 am
salazarn wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:18 pm Lots of options but 2 stand out for pure degeneracy.

If u can stand the mind numbing boringnes u can build a witch elf as a tank. Then you can just have incredibly stale low intensity fights where no one can kill u 1v1.

However the most broken option is obviously dps shaman. Free 240 toughness insane kite great heals and unkillable 1v1 and u can tab dot people for high damage from range. Being able to do everything you have literally zero identity as a class and this coupled with being OP probably makes it unsatisfying to play. But God knows that wont stop the greaselords on this server.
DPS shamans have hard counters in 1v1, IB is an example.

WE can go full regen, but it also has counters, although it can escape in stealth and not die.
What counters shaman exactly? IB? How? How will they ever catch a sham? How will they ever hurt a sham?
If the sham is dps focused then he is squishy and can die to the IB. If the sham is defensive focused then he can't scratch the IB, although if he just heals without even trying to do damage then the IB won't be able to kill the sham either.

Point is, IB can (meaning it's possible) kill the dps sham, while the dps sham can't hurt the IB.

This is with SnB IB, I haven't tried 2h, so I won't comment on that.

Zxul
Posts: 1501

Re: Best Solo Destro class

Post#16 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:55 pm

1. IB using Avalanche tactic can keep up with sham.
2. IB can keep the sham permasnared (assuming he makes sure to cover the snare), so no kiting. After which it becomes a question of who spots them first- if even one more order spots them, snared sham dies. While from other hand, snb IB is quite able of getting away with dps sham + 1 more destro on him unless that one happens to be a bis dps- solo specced IBs can get very tanky.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Faction69
Posts: 81

Re: Best Solo Destro class

Post#17 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:56 pm

Best solo class is always a stealther simply because they can find doable fights much more easily and can kill people fast enough to enable them to get away before others show up.

There is much more to solo than just ability to win 1v1 matchups between theoretical ideal 1v1 specs (that almost no one plays anyway). It's about getting in, killing 1 or 2 people fast, and getting out before you get rolled over by anyone who happens to show up. WE/WH can get in without giving their opponent any warning of their presence until they are right on top of them, can burst better than pretty much any other class except a full mechanic sorc or bw, and has the tools to get away and escape afterwards (30 second cooldown stealth, vanish, 6 second mez etc). It is in fact the best class at escaping just by virtue of the fact that all you need is 2 seconds out of LOS to stealth and bam, you're gone. You are capable of escaping from situations that would be guaranteed death for every other class, sometimes even with a full warband chasing you.

And on the off chance that someone is actually roaming with a specialized 1v1 regen build that you can't beat - you can just avoid them. You have stealth!

People often talk about solo roaming as if it's some sort of duel tournament where you will be fighting 1v1 against people with perfect 1v1 builds and gear all the time, but that's just not the case, and you shouldn't pick your class, spec, or gear based on that assumption.

jafh123
Posts: 54

Re: Best Solo Destro class

Post#18 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:11 am

Faction69 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:56 pm Best solo class is always a stealther simply because they can find doable fights much more easily and can kill people fast enough to enable them to get away before others show up.

There is much more to solo than just ability to win 1v1 matchups between theoretical ideal 1v1 specs (that almost no one plays anyway). It's about getting in, killing 1 or 2 people fast, and getting out before you get rolled over by anyone who happens to show up. WE/WH can get in without giving their opponent any warning of their presence until they are right on top of them, can burst better than pretty much any other class except a full mechanic sorc or bw, and has the tools to get away and escape afterwards (30 second cooldown stealth, vanish, 6 second mez etc). It is in fact the best class at escaping just by virtue of the fact that all you need is 2 seconds out of LOS to stealth and bam, you're gone. You are capable of escaping from situations that would be guaranteed death for every other class, sometimes even with a full warband chasing you.

And on the off chance that someone is actually roaming with a specialized 1v1 regen build that you can't beat - you can just avoid them. You have stealth!

People often talk about solo roaming as if it's some sort of duel tournament where you will be fighting 1v1 against people with perfect 1v1 builds and gear all the time, but that's just not the case, and you shouldn't pick your class, spec, or gear based on that assumption.
Agreed.

Also, you can always have different tactics and gear sets for different situations, addons like closet goblin allow you to change gear really fast: you see a lonely tank? Equip arpen gear. You see a small group and want to try fighting them? Equip regen gear.

These are just some examples of different options you can try with any class.

Ads
Panel
Posts: 100

Re: Best Solo Destro class

Post#19 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:59 am

Farrul wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:49 pm
salazarn wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:39 pm
jafh123 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:48 am

DPS shamans have hard counters in 1v1, IB is an example.

WE can go full regen, but it also has counters, although it can escape in stealth and not die.
What counters shaman exactly? IB? How? How will they ever catch a sham? How will they ever hurt a sham?
IB kills undergeared or glass cannons shamans . There is literally nothing an IB can do against an experienced hybrid shaman. The good ones don't seem to active these days since
being overpowered i guess gets boring quickly.
How long has a certain AM been around - cant be that boring :p

bw10
Posts: 292

Re: Best Solo Destro class

Post#20 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:22 am

if you have to ask you will have fun with one of each archetype:

healer: shaman
dps: we
tank: chosen

the above have biggest 1vX potential. others need extensive game knowledge and preparation to have any degree of success playing them. youre welcome

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests