Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen guides?

Let's talk about... everything else
Luuca

Re: Chosen guides?

Post#11 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:55 pm

As a Chosen, Sever Blessing is very important in RvR. It should be used every time it's lit for your target.

Ads
verg87

Post#12 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:33 am

Why not Discordant tree? with mass stugger and discordant turbulence?
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... 7:4790:0:0:
and what would be better toughness talismans or armor +63 talismans in all sockets on 26?

Razid1987

Post#13 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:14 pm

stagger is cool, but only really effective if you can coordinate large scale engangements, so all the staggers break at the same time and the targets get nuked from 100 to 0 in seconds. the problem is that stagger breaks on damage, making it far less effective not only against few targets, but also in pugs and with randoms. on top of that, the KD is amazing with the high parry chance. you can't really get more utility and defense for so few points.

id say toughtness at least until you hit the soft cap. remember toughness works against all kinds of damage, while armor is only against physical.

Euan
Suspended

Post#14 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:20 pm

Toughness because it works against all damage and most physical will ignore you because of shield and armor.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Tesq

Post#15 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:09 pm

this is my build,

mastery: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... :;;0:0:0:0:

renow: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 3000000000

-ALL chosen support tools exept "tooth of .." are on discord path and also resistences aura.
-You can have 40% parry vinsetad 50% build but with higer resistencse and better dodge/disrupt ratio
-You also can take aoe heal debuff if you want
-Your wounds debuff is something needed to bring down ppl cos it's spammable.

if you propper have renow 24 weapons

31% block
42% parry
60% dodge (hold the line)
61% disrupt( hold the line)

use all armor talismans.

Toughness + warped flesh tactics

stag it' good both as kite tool and for interrupt bomb, or stag healer when you are focussing dps.
Last edited by Tesq on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sera

Post#16 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:37 pm

Turn on auras resist/strenght. Spam Ravage. :P
Sera

Luuca

Post#17 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:15 pm

Tesq wrote:this is my build,

mastery: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... :;;0:0:0:0:

If you are going up discord, you may as well get heal debuff.

renow: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 3000000000

IMO Drop the Parry and max out Block.

-ALL chosen support tools exept "tooth of .." are on discord path and also resistences aura.
I guess Downfall, Dizzying Blow, and Repel are not support tools?

-You can have 40% parry vinsetad 50% build but with higer resistencse and better dodge/disrupt ratio
You're still better off maxing out Block than adding Parry IMO. With Mixed Def build and Downfall, I can max out my Block rating, and have a minimum of 50% Parry up nearly all the time. This leaves me points to spend in Disrupt.

-You also can take aoe heal debuff if you want
If you are spending all your points in Discord, Why would you NOT get the Heal Debuff aura?

-Your wounds debuff is something needed to bring down ppl cos it's spammable.
15 second cool-down is not spammable IMO. It should be used on every cooldown when you are fighting in Melee range.

if you propper have renow 24 weapons

31% block
42% parry
60% dodge (hold the line)
61% disrupt( hold the line)

use all armor talismans.
I disagree with this. Armor only mitigates physical damage. IMO use a mix of Toughness and STR

Toughness + warped flesh tactics
If you are spending points in Discord, yes, warped flesh is better than others.

stag it' good both as kite tool and for interrupt bomb, or stag healer when you are focussing dps.
Stagger at 3 seconds and break on damage is not as good as one would hope. It is good for stopping Kiters, but in SCs wherein you have a metric sh!t ton of AoE, stagger just isn't good. In Orvr, if you run with a 6-man with strats to use Stagger properly, it is an effective tool. The average Chosen running SCs will find more benefit from Downfall than Stagger.

Razid1987

Post#18 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:30 pm

+1 Luuca. Spot on.

Also, I don't even know if Rugged is worth it? It's crazy, but Warped Flesh seems to be pretty good, actually. Have to double check it though. How much Toughness does Rugged give @ 26?

Ads
magter3001

Post#19 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Luuca wrote:As a Chosen, Sever Blessing is very important in RvR. It should be used every time it's lit for your target.
That's true for every tank ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

dkabib

Post#20 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:56 pm

Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage
Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage Ravage
Vanhorts