Recent Topics

Ads

Unbalanced?

Let's talk about... everything else
Renork

Re: Unbalanced?

Post#31 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Coryphaus wrote:TB was made as a stop gap to deal with the massive crit and dmg that came with RR100

it wasnt made as a solution for sorcs and bw
Oh jesus I could sit here and try to explain how wrong your statement is, but I'm not going to. It would be like telling you that pounce is fine, you would never stop.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Renork wrote:
Coryphaus wrote:TB was made as a stop gap to deal with the massive crit and dmg that came with RR100

Oh jesus I could sit here and try to explain how wrong your statement is, but I'm not going to. It would be like telling you that pounce is fine, you would never stop.
But he is right, TB was no BW/SORC fix. Crit went through the roof with the rising popularity of lotd crit weapons and endgame sets.
Dying is no option.

grumcajs

Post#33 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:20 pm

if TB was introduced to "balance" rr100, why the hell that was a good solution to run with TB in t3? sure, t3 was till r39 but still no warpforged there...

Coryphaus

Post#34 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:24 pm

grumcajs wrote:if TB was introduced to "balance" rr100, why the hell that was a good solution to run with TB in t3? sure, t3 was till r39 but still no warpforged there...
bugged lotd talismans broke t3 balance and raised crit chances on classes by a large amount due to them

furthermore most people stayed in t3 till they were rr60 or so just so that they could spec full tb before they went into t4

Renork

Post#35 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:26 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Renork wrote:

But he is right, TB was no BW/SORC fix. Crit went through the roof with the rising popularity of lotd crit weapons and endgame sets.
Have you ever heard of the term "domino effect"? Not a single person here said TB was specifically created for Bw's/Sorc's, but it sure had a huge impact on them. The whining went down drastically, and the attention shifted to melee trains melting your panties off.

Edit: PS no one cared about pounce.

Azuzu

Post#36 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:48 pm

It's funny, how different experiences make people remember things differently.

I don't remember one comp being ultimately dominant over everything else.

Melee train was very strong and in my opinion the most played comp. That's because it was the easiest to pull off. Slayer, Mara, Choppa, WL and their tank counterparts had a very strong push and would run groups over.

Mixed Ranged, Melee groups did well too. I remember a handful of very strong Slayer + SW comps. SW's fester bomb would drop someone out of a fight quick. They also have an easier time playing off their back foot.

Sorc/BW core DPS also had their place, but their playstyle was more one of finesse. You had to play off the back foot, agiasn't very strong melee push groups. BW/Sorc AoE wasn't really much of a factor in open field 6v6 fighting, it was all about single target. Good premades, don't stack up to let you AoE them and to kill someone in a premade vs premade, you need focus fire and often times, you need to get the tank away from the person their guarding.

I think people have more of a problem with premades in general. Getting dominated as a pug by a premade makes some classes seem godlike. When your with a competitive 6 man vs another 6 man those same classes show their weaknesses.

This doesn't mean I don't think some classes couldn't use some help. I'd like to see Engi and Magus get some needed help. Making their pets instant cast and cost less would be a nice start. Engi's physical damage didn't scale well either, in my opinion.

BO/SM could also use from loving with their group utility. Maybe have "Not in da Face" and Crashing Wave remove and grant immunity to ALL CC for 5 seconds. Instead of just Knockdown, Stun, Disarm and Silence. I'm sure melee push teams would appriciate being free'd of and allowed to ignore snares for 5 seconds.
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

foof

Post#37 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:55 pm

I just want to be very clear that I when talking about BWs/Sorcs I am not talking about small scale anything, 6v6, even scenarios. I'm talking about massive ORVR and City Sieges specifically.

They are fine in small scale, and yes there melee trains were dominant.

That being said, Magii/Engies have always been terrible (outside of broken pulls).

Renork

Post#38 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:03 pm

foof wrote:I just want to be very clear that I when talking about BWs/Sorcs I am not talking about small scale anything, 6v6, even scenarios. I'm talking about massive ORVR and City Sieges specifically.

They are fine in small scale, and yes there melee trains were dominant.

That being said, Magii/Engies have always been terrible (outside of broken pulls).
I'm glad you're not in charge of balancing any games.

Ads
Vigfuss

Post#39 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:05 pm

Coryphaus wrote:
grumcajs wrote:if TB was introduced to "balance" rr100, why the hell that was a good solution to run with TB in t3? sure, t3 was till r39 but still no warpforged there...
bugged lotd talismans broke t3 balance and raised crit chances on classes by a large amount due to them

furthermore most people stayed in t3 till they were rr60 or so just so that they could spec full tb before they went into t4
A 10% crit tali in t3 was very rare, probably only a few try hard twinks after the xp off books were introduced.
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim

Sera

Post#40 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:28 pm

Coryphaus wrote:
bloodi wrote:
So i think a lot of people dont know what the **** they are talking about. Melee trains and melee dps was the best option, if you think BW is bad, wait to get buttraped by double slayer comps.
Az has already stated that shatter limbs will be nerfed with longer cool downs so x2 slayers will not result in 100% shatter limbs uptime

melee train was strong late game on live mainly b/c of resloute defense, their will be no resolute defense in ror the devs have stated, also most likely no clensing wind either
That would be pretty stupid, Shatter limbs is cleansable.
Sera