Recent Topics

Ads

Gold Exploit

Let's talk about... everything else
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: Gold Exploit

Post#41 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:33 pm

What we wipe and what we don't will not be discussed publicly, and if we do say we're only wiping X, don't expect us to stick to that.

It's not hard to figure out ways to evade a wipe if you know what's going to be ignored.

Ads
Morf

Post#42 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:33 pm

This has been going on for a while along with a medallion exploit which is why you see so many ppl with +20 purple talis.
Maybe the ppl who have done so will learn there lesson when they get perma banned and lose all the time they spent leveling and farming sc weapons.

Jail wrote:+1 For gold & Talismans wipe. Please do not wipe the gear.

- Alex
Gear will have to be wiped because it holds value.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

drmordread
Suspended

Post#43 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:33 pm

better yet folks .... dedicate a few hrs of playing time a week to making your own tallies. Problem solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Aquilon

Post#44 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Uh, Oh! Brace Yourselves!

And this brings problem of gearing after the wipe up again.
How about vendors with all kinds of gear with low prices in silver or rvr-medals and - DISCLAIMER: I'm not asking to implement this right f. now - server-wide ladder for those, who can't live without pro-blahblahblah-gression?

Thanks.
Means determine end.

Jaycub

Post#45 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:37 pm

mursie wrote:Question:

I've worked my a$$ off leveling talisman making / salvaging / scavenging.

I've spent alot of time farming champs to scavenge for purple frags and make purple talis that I sell on the AH.

I've only been here a week or so now...but if you "wipe" the server, do you destroy all of the gold I've made by farming?

I know this is just a game and don't want to sound totally petty - but that would really irritate me. I'd lose the talis and time I've put into the game for nothing.

Just curious what you do in this scenario.
I'm probably going to lose 2k gold in items/mats etc...

We all know it's an alpha, and what that entails.

The problem is a pure gold wipe isn't going to get whoever did all this exploiting on the AH, because they most likely moving tons of expensive items and mats around to hopefully keep once the wipe is over.

If you wipe all purple gear, all purple talismans, all blue potions, all gold (and things that vendor for a high amount of gold like the 150g mounts etc...) then you get rid of any cancer left.

Or they could just wait till t3 and do a total wipe of everything except characters.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

RyanMakara

Post#46 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:38 pm

drmordread wrote:Can we quit with the wipes please? It is getting old. You want these exploiters to suffer? Wiping will not do anything. They will just find the next bug in the game to exploit and we are back to square one.

You want to sell your tallies and pots and gear to real players? Easy ... do as I do, announce it in /AD channel. In five minutes tops I have my item sold. ****...we can have an old fashioned market day faire in the capital cities where people sell items to other people.

Yes, I know its a pain in the rear, but after a few weeks or month stuff will iron itself out.

People are working their asses off to farm mats for blue and purple tallies that they make themselves .... and now you are going to wipe because of two or three people?
So basically you're saying 'remove the AH'? The AH was implemented to BOOST the economy and actually destroy the item trading through advice chat, since it became super obnoxious. Having a marketplace as if this is Runecape in 2005, won't be encouraged either, since nobody's going to stand and macro spam a few items they have for sale there while nobody's reading.

Azarael

Post#47 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:38 pm

It was said in the aftermath of the last wipe that in any case where the economy has been compromised through use of an exploit, the following would hold true:

- The exploiters would receive the blame for creating the situation, not the devs for having to act to fix it
- Whatever steps are necessary to take in order to fix the economy would be undertaken.

RyanMakara

Post#48 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Morf wrote:This has been going on for a while along with a medallion exploit which is why you see so many ppl with +20 purple talis.
Maybe the ppl who have done so will learn there lesson when they get perma banned and lose all the time they spent leveling and farming sc weapons.

Jail wrote:+1 For gold & Talismans wipe. Please do not wipe the gear.

- Alex
Gear will have to be wiped because it holds value.
Value determined by the surplus of gold, of course the purple stuff's going to be super expensive if some people buy it with insane amounts of gold... if we wipe the gold, this gear will be sold for normal prices again.

Ads
Sera

Post#49 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Landaren wrote:Woah there brah some of us have been crafting and farming talisman legit
And we are the one on the wrong end of the **** again ;)
I hope SC weapons wont be wiped.
Sera

Vigfuss

Post#50 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:43 pm

I have 1 legitimately acquired wierd wep, and enough legitimately acquired currency to buy T3 SC weps. please don't wipe those items.
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim