Recent Topics

Ads

WH stealth

For proposals that have been rejected.
shaggyboomboom

WH stealth

Post#1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:34 pm

The issue

Aforementioned WHs have come to the conclusion that, as it stands, the WH's stealth, i.e. their gameplay 'mechanic', is very susceptible to being interrupted and/or negated completely - particularly against classes with fast AA/pets that can attack multiple times at a rapid rate/competent players. This means that a WH will often have a lot of trouble trying to go back into stealth (a la play their class as per its intent) if a good player knows how to capitalise on this weakness.

I am not saying that such a counter is a bad thing, but when one can no longer enter stealth because of a pet being placed on the WH's ass without much thought, or because of constant interrupts from every single damage source (direct or indirect), it makes the class painfully masochistic to play at times (particularly in large scale).

Why is this an issue?

With very little mobility, gap closers and light armor, the WH needs to be able to rely upon his stealth - either for offensive or defensive purposes. A SH/Magus should not be able to have their respective minions attack a WH and essentially deny the WH access to its mechanic (note: this doesn't necessarily pertain only to minions of aforementioned classes, but any damage source). Yes, you can LoS - but in open rvr/big scenario maps (think Gromril's, Serpents, Nordenwatch), this isn't always an option.

One must bear in mind that the WH is deemed relatively 'weak' when compared against the likes of the Marauder/WL. It lacks the mobility of the other classes. It lacks their medium armor. What it does have, is it's stealth - and even this small, yet utterly vital, ability can be almost nullified by good opposition.

The WH needs to be able to weave in and out of combat when he deems necessary. You shouldn't be forced to spam a core ability, just to hope that it works.

Proposals

1. Remove the pushback for Stealth

This would almost definitely require client control, but it would mean that the stealth ability could be relied upon 100%, and you would not have to spam it and pray for it to go off.

I do not see anything potentially overperforming if this change were to be implemented: WHs are easily countered as it is out of stealth, so they should at least be able to enter stealth without being utterly hindered/countered by minimum risk/maximum reward strategies (such as focusing your pet on a WH).

2. Reduce the pushback time

If the above is not possible, then I would propose adding a sort of ICD to the number of pushbacks the WH can suffer in any one period/moment.

For example, instead of being pushed back 10 times in 3 seconds because a SH, his pet & another DPS are focusing you, you are only pushed back once every 3 seconds. This would still allow for some counterplay (e.g. you could wait for the WH to initiate stealth, taunt, wait again, kD, etc - conscious and engaging counterplay, as opposed to the alternative we have now), but not to the same debilitating degree.

3. Make pets contribution to pushback non-existent

What this would mean is that players themselves could still interrupt & pushback the WH's stealth, but pets could not.

Pet classes, by their nature, have an advantage in that you are providing damage from two separate sources at any one moment: you should not be able to prevent someone from utilising their mechanic from an almost 'fire-and-forget' damage source (unless you are using pet disarm/kd/kb).

Ads
Penril

Re: WH stealth

Post#2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Declining. After having internal discussions with devs, I was told that Stealth is working as intended.