Recent Topics

Ads

[BG]Filled with Fury Tactic Procs

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Stophy22

[BG]Filled with Fury Tactic Procs

Post#1 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:31 am

Issue
So I've always thought Bolstering Anger caused my Filled with Fury to proc (any reference to Filled with Fury will be shorted to FwF from here on out) in the same way Shield of Rage causes it to proc. If it is a bug I have reported it to github

Suggestion
but if it is working as intended I would very much like to suggest that for every Proc of Bolstering Anger that FwF is not active that it does proc the tactic. To elaborate;
Spoiler:
Since the tactic is 5 seconds long and cannot be reapplied til it has ended that would mean every other tick of Bolstering Anger would cause FwF to Proc, giving you the 15% crit chance. So every time 10 hate is spent by Bolstering Anger and FwF isn't active, it would Proc.
I thought this was how it worked, turns out you can have 100% up time on it. It does not fade, it just refreshes. I think the possible change to make FwF work so you cannot reapply the effect before it has ended is a fair compromise. Albeit not needed unless decided.

I would also suggest Driven by Hate to proc FwF as well as that does not proc it either.

Reasoning
I think it is fair because of the way Shield of Rage behaves, causing the proc to happen even though stated in the tool-tip of Filled with Fury that only Hate expenditure on attacks will cause the proc to happen. Now I know Driven by Hate doesn't proc FwF either... so I think it would be fair to apply this change to it as well, but I do believe this to be intentional. I think the reasoning for Driven by Hate to proc the FwF tactic would be none other than the fact that it is the biggest consumption of hate (in one single moment) that a BG has, other than that I got nothing. I feel like the 160action points gained and 40hate lost is a fair trade, my qualms lie with Bolstering Anger. But I do feel like if the change proposed is applied to Bolstering Anger then for no other reason than to prevent confusion it should be applied to Driven by Hate as well.

Concerns
Spoiler:
I don't believe this to be overpowered or unfair in any way, I think it's just correction of behavior. The points to get the tactic and skill still have to be used. Shield of Rage and Bolstering Anger are both in the path of Anguish tree so I believe it to be justified that they both behave the same way in dealing with the tactic mentioned.
After looking into how FwF works, I think it would be a little overpowered to have 100% up time on FwF, but technically if you are spending enough hate you can have 100% uptime regardless... I still don't think its overpowered but if there is any argument to be had I think its around the 100% up time Bolstering Anger will give you. Not overpowered its just, how you say, rewarding non-attentive play. (1 button turns on FwF for 30 seconds - This could be a problem unless FwF was changed so that you cannot reapply the effect before it has ended.)

Thank you for your time
I won't be devastated if it doesn't go through. I've been using it this way the entire time and to finally see that's not how it behaves makes me a little sad, the fool I was. Could just be a bug though too, and if so I have reported it. Have a nice day all.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads