Recent Topics

Ads

[Proposal] SOR population suggestion.

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Grakh

[Proposal] SOR population suggestion.

Post#1 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:39 am

Now, while I would agree SOR showing accurate population was something that needed to be less clear, I wouldn't agree that it needed to be removed completely.

My proposal would be a cap on how much population it is willing to display, thus allowing us still to get some valuable information from the mod, but not exact information.
An example would be once it reaches the determined "cap" it just says "+" next to the population. so if the proposed cap is 24, once it goes over that it will say "24+" or if the proposed cap is 48 it would say "48+" once over the set cap.

During low population times this would be valuable information for warband leaders to determine where they take their forces.
During high population times it would just let us know where active warbands are(that are not just 10 people like ghost capping a territory, or heck it would let us know that is what is happening so we can send the appropriate amount of defenders). I would personally go with the cap being "24+"

The key point i'm trying to make is this would still cover up if it is something like 50 vs 120, but still give some information about population.

Now, I have no coding/moding experience, but if my idea is acceptable, I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to implement. (I could be wrong.)

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [Proposal] SOR population suggestion.

Post#2 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:58 pm

Grakh wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:39 am Now, while I would agree SOR showing accurate population was something that needed to be less clear, I wouldn't agree that it needed to be removed completely.

My proposal would be a cap on how much population it is willing to display, thus allowing us still to get some valuable information from the mod, but not exact information.
An example would be once it reaches the determined "cap" it just says "+" next to the population. so if the proposed cap is 24, once it goes over that it will say "24+" or if the proposed cap is 48 it would say "48+" once over the set cap.

During low population times this would be valuable information for warband leaders to determine where they take their forces.
During high population times it would just let us know where active warbands are(that are not just 10 people like ghost capping a territory, or heck it would let us know that is what is happening so we can send the appropriate amount of defenders). I would personally go with the cap being "24+"

The key point i'm trying to make is this would still cover up if it is something like 50 vs 120, but still give some information about population.

Now, I have no coding/moding experience, but if my idea is acceptable, I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to implement. (I could be wrong.)
Grab the latest version of SOR. https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/ror_sor/
Changes are coming with the next patch that require it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog