Recent Topics

Ads

Resolute Defenses redesigned

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Tesq

Re: Resolute Defenses redesigned

Post#41 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:12 pm

Spoiler:
th3gatekeeper wrote:Ok,

Lots of walls of text. I read it all and would like to try and funnel conversation towards options. Seems like most agree that RD needs a change. So here is what I would like to offer:

1) RD no longer removes, or makes immune to snares. Instead RD would give you immunity timers for 10 seconds preventing punts, staggers, KD, etc. So it would act as if the user had just been punted and KDin terms of effect, however only give the immunity for 10 sec, instead of longer.

This makes it less overpowered as the user cannot just ignore all slowing effects - which would then require use of their mechanic as well to be freed. (For tanks - Juggernaught) or mdps have their own "snare free".

This allows for some potential counter play. Also if advocate for immunity debuffs rather than just RD buff as it's ease of tracking without needing things like buffad. Everyone knows Immunity timers.

2)Change RD to not impact CC but instead it becomes a counter to short TTK in RvR, where it merely reduces inc damage by 15% for 10sec. Added ranks could add other things such as "increases healing on you 15% for 10sec" as well as final rank could "reduce chance to be crit by 15% for 10 sec". This provides counter play but isn't so game breaking as it's more an "oh ****" button.

3)Remove RD altogether. Which frankly might be the easiest to do... since it's breaking gameplay, zero counter play and worth more than any other 10 point RR.
Spoiler:
- is in line with my option so i can just fell ok at this solution tough 10 rp still feel very few tough no snare = no more god mode kite tool (ther are alredy speed proc to balance snare and subjugator for 2h tank are even way too good to allow a snare immunity).

2-i woulnd't mind be reworked to something like that tough mm i alredy see potentially turtle derivation which dev are usually not incline to like. Also dont know if they prefer sit on a small change or a full rewamp, cant anyway disagree even with this option

3-eh you win jackpot with this for me. I propose myself in line with number 1 just because i fell pretty hard this stuff get removed due all the pression there is for keep it in game. Tought we played the game with out it and exept ask for more cleanse by my healers i never tough the impending need to have this stuff back in game not even once so we could simply roll back to when renown skill weren't in game at all.
Not a place for plus 1, wait for someone to refute the post.
Gerv.

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#42 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:24 pm

Spoiler:
Please don't nerf one of the only tools to deal with nothing but RDPS roam groups... PLEASE for the love of all that is holy don't nerf this. I thought this was a "make it better" thread and after reading a few pages I see nothing but what I can only imagine is BW's/Sorc's/SW's/SH's saying to make it a 30-60 minute cooldown, or inactivate it. Guys... really?!
If you can't provide a coherent rebuttal, you will be removed from the balance forums. This is not your first warning. Post proper arguments, not baseless whining.

Darosh
Banned

Post#43 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:12 am

Spoiler:
Aurandilaz wrote: Alternatively you could also make the use of RD result in your AP pool emptying, the same way using Flee empties it.
I very much like the idea of reutilizing mechanics - I'd completly copypasta the flee drawback to account for (atleast offensive) career mechanics but in turn allow AP recovery with pots, add a limit to the amount of CC (hard/soft) in form of stacks that can be dodged to ditch the immunities (to have some CC stick after the fact, it'd still require awareness to avoid having it chew through CDs and disable the godmode it enables for kiting classes, whilst forcing coordination to chew through their stacks effectively).
The only thing I cannot wrap my head around in regards to this iteration is the duration [Abbd.: and its CD], the rest should in theory emphasise the importance of proper use and lower its [Abbd.: stock] CD's impact on engagements. Meh.

TLDR: Disable dumbfire, end its [Abbd.: stock] CD's dominance, disable guranteed positive returns in the lakes and pug-riddeld environments.

Abbd.: Maybe seperate the CC as it comes to stacks? x hardCC + y softCC?
Abbd.: The significance of CC CD economy would be upped alot (in regards to proper assisttrains etc) depending on the latter.

E: Words.
Stacks are not possible. Gerv.

Thifall

Post#44 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:46 am

It is fact, that RD is mostly being used offense acts, rather than defense. However i do not agree with statement that using this ability makes game easy. As far as it really got nice benefits, you still need to use it properly (which isn't that obvious as it may seem).

Then again, to force people using it more defensively or not using it at all - let it be like QE - ability breaks the effect OR shortens duration by x seconds

Foltestik

Post#45 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:32 am

i dont think RD, CW is to much problem, in zerg fights it doesnt matter if you use it, they will CC, dots you when it ends. In 6v6 you can manage when enemy team have it up.
Its only help small organized groups play agains big numbers, to kite, to survive. And i think thats good.
And there is still not many players using it or using it well.

i dont see any problem with it (maybee on 1v1 but thats your problem when you go gang and dont have it)

Collateral

Post#46 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:52 am

Foltestik wrote:i dont think RD, CW is to much problem, in zerg fights it doesnt matter if you use it, they will CC, dots you when it ends. In 6v6 you can manage when enemy team have it up.
Its only help small organized groups play agains big numbers, to kite, to survive. And i think thats good.
And there is still not many players using it or using it well.

i dont see any problem with it (maybee on 1v1 but thats your problem when you go gang and dont have it)
Did you not read my post? It especially matters in 'zerg' fights. How can't you see, it allows for uninterruptable morale dumps. If this 'doesn't matter', then I really don't know what matters to you in RvR.

Foltestik

Post#47 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:42 am

maybee you can split to dont get morale dumped when you see your enemy pop RD and charge for morale dump? you dont need to stay in one blob everytime

Morf

Post#48 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:50 am

Collateral wrote: Did you not read my post? It especially matters in 'zerg' fights. How can't you see, it allows for uninterruptable morale dumps. If this 'doesn't matter', then I really don't know what matters to you in RvR.
Maybe the issue isnt RD in those situations but coordinating morale drops ?
And by what do you mean uninteruptable ? raze spam ? sorc focus mind bombing ? if so and we are talking about off morales and morale bombing they can be interupted with or without RD, by an engi tossing a flashbang grenade on you, tanks taunting, think wl has an aoe interupt to and there are prolly others.
Just sounds like the ppl you are fighting suck :D
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#49 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:52 am

Deleted post

Morf

Post#50 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:00 am

roadkillrobin wrote:
Moast people usually dont fight us. They eather pop RD and run away or bring 3 times our numbers and M2 drop us.
I dont see what this adds to the RD debate, you cant roll over the small groups who run from a whole wb and the times you face 3 times your numbers you get out morale dropped, this has nothing to do with RD.

Anyway Hao knows how to build a proper bomb wb, a single magus and mara will allow for aoe interrupting which isnt determined by RD.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder