Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] We'z Bigger

For proposals that have been rejected.
footpatrol2

[Black Orc] We'z Bigger

Post#1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:08 pm

1. Identify the issue.
We'z Bigger is a lackluster ability. I really like the design concept of this ability but noyone spec's it.

2. History
Da Greenest! Bellow didn't use to proc a armor buff, It was exclusively a resistance buff and self buff.
Referenced via the prima guide

3. Explain why it's an issue.
Somewhere down the line Da Greenest! bellow was changed to incorporate a large group armor buff if fully spec'd into. I think this was a good design decision by Mythic and should be kept the same. The issue is this stole some of the purpose of We'z bigger ability. In addition, We'z bigger and Da Greenest! bellow do not stack with armor potions. If it is assumed that armor potion's will not change from it's current state then We'z bigger is a worthless ability because a armor potion which is persistent and can't be shattered is far superior to the We'z bigger ability which provides the same armor value as a basic high level armor potion (660) and can be shattered.

So just to clarify full 15 point Da Greenest! bellow provides 990 armor bonus which doesn't stack with potions and We'z bigger is 660 armor bonus which doesn't stack with potions.

4. Propose a viable solution to the problem.
1. Allow We'z Bigger to Stack on top of armor potions. I believe the highest crit armor potion is 990 which is expensive to use constantly but max value's would be 990 + 660 = 1650 armor. More likely player's will use 660 armor potions which will make the armor bonus 660 + 660 = 1320. Please note this is at full 15 point value's of da Boss tree. You are sacrificing damage and are basically a deft tard tank in this role. If you hybrid your spec these armor value's will be less.

The suggested We'z Bigger ability will only increase armor by (660 armor potion + 660 New We'z bigger) = 1320 - (current Da Greenest! Bellow 990) = 330 from actual current in-game value's, which isn't a lot.

Da Boss tree in my opinion is all about Bellow dancing to get the most out of your bellow's. Da Boss tree has amazing Stat Steal applier's built into the tree. If you are pushing and the BO is not getting hit you should be Da Biggest bellow to stat steal. If you notice you are being focused or you are in a retreat you should be in Da Greenest bellow.

What the above We'z Bigger suggestion does is allow for the BO to Bellow dance while maintaining it's armor bonus.

I would suggest to not allow Da Greenest! bellow to stack with armor potions. Da Greenest! will still be useful due to it's Resistance/Armor reactive buff. You will want to use We'z bigger to get even higher armor value's then da Greenest can provide IF you have a armor potion. Note, We'z bigger still requires to actually make contact with the target to trigger the armor buff where Da Greenest! bellow does not.

2. Remove armor potions from the game. This fixes multiple abilities over multiple classes. Give armor ingredients for butchering a different function or potion.

3. Allow We'z Bigger armor value to scale at the same rate as the armor value buff of Da Greenest! bellow. Potentially a little higher. This allows for us to not have to stack We'z Bigger on top of armor potions.

4. Not really a solution but since we are currently on the topic of We'z Bigger, and assumed We'z bigger ability is fixed, should the radius change from 20 ft to 30 ft or should it remain the same?

Ads
Penril

Re: [Black Orc] We'z Bigger

Post#2 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Declining for the same reason I declined a similar proposal a few minutes ago.