Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior Priest] Path of Wrath

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tholkienn

[Warrior Priest] Path of Wrath

Post#1 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi, i have Wp full Duellist + 2H bg with that build:

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wp; ... 165:4168:0:

My stats unbuff are:

Strench: 461 Toughness: 232 WS: 251 (21.6%) Ini: 123 (23.6%) Will:216 Wounds:482
Armor: 1890 Spirit: 207 Corpo: 337 Elem 356 Parry: 18 Dodge: 12 Disrupt: 12
Dps: 58 Damage bonus: 92.2 Crit %: 9 Speed:3.4

With that, my question are:

Sulfire, is that spell very important?
I have 5 gems slot: Strench or WS?
Resist spirit pot + Toughness pot?
Will i have to respec my RR points to be more offensive and less defensive?

Ads
ThePollie
Banned

Re: [Warrior Priest] Path of Wrath

Post#2 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:58 pm

I would not advise playing Wrath, at the moment.

If you still want to DPS, spec Grace instead. Divine Fury/Fanaticism/Hastened Divinity and full strength/crit will do you fine with damage and you can still provide healing for the team.

Tholkienn

Post#3 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:00 pm

But i want to test Wrath...

Mystry
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:04 pm

Tholkienn wrote:But i want to test Wrath...
Feel free, but you'll be completely outclassed by every single spec of every single other career in the game, the grace wp will be doing at least twice your damage while healing and your team will be sending you angry whispers because of the zero heals coming out of you, and you'll contribute in a big, big way to your team losing the scenario.

Sucks to hear it, but that's the truth right now.

Azarael

Post#5 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:20 pm

I deliberately do not class Wrath WPs as DPS in the queue manager... because nobody should be playing that spec and I'd rather not encourage it.

Tholkienn

Post#6 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:25 pm

Well... no viable, even solo view? Don't really understand why.
Wrath only 40RR80?

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:35 pm

Wrath spec just like torture spec by it self in not viable at this stage of the game you need more points to off spec into grace before wrath wp can be viable
Azarael wrote:I deliberately do not class Wrath WPs as DPS in the queue manager... because nobody should be playing that spec and I'd rather not encourage it.
Please do the same for fubar wrecka choppas :D

ThePollie
Banned

Post#8 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:43 pm

Tholkienn wrote:But i want to test Wrath...
I already have tested Wrath, so I'll save you the stress and give you a run down.

Bludgeon is ****. It hits as hard as Grace's Radiance but without the group healing.

Hammer of Sigmar is lackluster as an execution move.

Soulfire deals too little damage to have a cast time, and you can easily be killed just casting it. Even without pushback, you do more damage just auto-attacking with two bludgeons than casting it against single targets.

Castigation is great, though.

Divine Justice is not worth a tactic slot. Guilty Soul has potential, you'll just never find Tactic space to use it without gimping yourself.

Currently, Wrath is an immobile subpar DPS with some self-sustain with cross-spec abilities. You won't compete with even a DPS tank for damage, you have no utility, and you are laughably easy to ignore. Even Grace beats it in potential for damage, simply because the scaling for Divine Assault and synergy with Knight/Swordmaster Spirit debuffs gives you respectable damage with damn fine healing for a few seconds.

Ads
Tholkienn

Post#9 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:59 am

Ok so i will check the Grace spec, but don't know to gems my Duelist stuff.

ThePollie
Banned

Post#10 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:05 am

Full strength if you want to deal damage.

Tactics are Divine Fury, Fanaticism, Hastened Divinity. Mastery for Sigmar's Grace, Sigmar's Vision, and the Morale 4.

Divine Favor, Rampaging Siphon/Focused Mind, Divine Protection, Divine Amazement for M1, M2, M3, and M4.

Get a guard, preferably a Swordmaster for Spirit debuffs. Target anything squishy.