cdlord

I miss me Dwarfy Beard Keg

Post#1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:07 pm

Any plans on re-adding these items?

Ads
boog

Re: I miss me Dwarfy Beard Keg

Post#2 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:38 pm

I miss them as well. I believe a long while back the devs explained that since these items required codes to get and are not part of the original game files they cant be introduced. I might not have explained that the best or most accurately but I know they have stated they cannot bring them back unfortunately.
CHSN Wafulz | KBOB Wafuls | IB Waffulz | BG Waffelz | BO Waaaghfulz | SM Waffels

cdlord

Post#3 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:53 pm

That sucks. I understand if they are not exclusive anymore, that ship has long sailed, but to be an option for character creation.... The code has to be there somewhere and if not, doesn't look that hard to do.

Luth

Post#4 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:06 pm

Those are just some textures/models in the client; the codes were just an authorisation method to claim them. They must be on the client or else they wouldn't have been in the game.
I think they keep them as special reward or for an event.

e: meh, too late

Penril

Post#5 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Luth wrote:Those are just some textures/models in the client; the codes were just an authorisation method to claim them. They must be on the client or else they wouldn't have been in the game.
I think they keep them as special reward or for an event.

e: meh, too late
Isn't that part of Collector's Edition or something like that?

Same as High Elves with blindfolds, or Orcs with metal parts in their heads.

Noergl

Post#6 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:58 pm

Yes, they were in the collectors edition. As fa as i remember: Dwarf had kegs in their beards. HighElves had a blindfold over their eyes. Orcs had an half metal skullplate. Gobs had a weird looking face. The rest i forgot. Also, their was a campfire to put on the ground if i recall correcly.

And there were dwarf slayers with nails in their head instead of hair...but not sure if those were from the collectors edition.
Lorekeeper Noergl Morgrimsfind & Sgt.Maj.Finvjer Hugnirsson
(Co-leader of 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers)

Razid1987

Post#7 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:17 pm

Aw ****. I had completely forgotten about that... I had collector's edition. Never used the skullplate for my BO though. Thought it looked really silly, lol.

Luth

Post#8 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:23 pm

The code for the textures/models must be on the client, it was just not activated for all accounts; otherwise it would have required the client to download some small files with the textures/models when the code was activated. It's very unlikely that it worked that way.

Ads
albionrare

Post#9 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:37 pm

Chaos players with a eye on their forehead and sewn shut their 2 eyes ah the days.

Pixie126

Post#10 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:37 pm

I didn't have the collector's edition, but my husband did. Don't know about anything but the keg. He did put that on a couple of his dwarves, but I do remember that campfire. Useful thing, but I don't recall exactly what it did. I did have a bad case of campfire envy.....
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)