Recent Topics

Ads

Dark Days

Let's talk about... everything else
magicthighs
Former Staff

Re: Dark Days

Post#41 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:38 pm

Reklaw wrote:In any MMO i've played i was never worried about bans, i figured they were all justified and helped the game/community. Not here. I got banned myself for a whole week for a name violation. He did this after i didn't reply to his wispers.
Do you name your characters "Cockpee" in other MMOs too?

Also, your ban was for two things according to the log. AFK renown/xp/inf farming and a name violation.

Ads
Reklaw

Post#42 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:19 pm

exactly, and that name is just a wordplay for peecock which ofcourse in dirty minds looks like something ugly, and yes i know its spelled wrong im sorry. I could have renamed it but no, delete the character and ban. AFK farming thats exactly what not responding to PM's was. Standing in a keep, or at a flag in tier 2, it happens. You and everyone else knows the afk timers, so you just click your mouse while doing something else.

I've seen alot worse names then that btw, i'm sure i'm not alone
CRITICAL ACCLAIM
Reklaw R40 SO - Jabberwocky R40 DoK - Googol R40 MAg - Tinteling R40 MAr - Jabster R41 Chp - Unoffensive R23 SH - Jabbywoo R33 Zealot - Kittycat - Donalduck

Ihavecats R40 WL - Jabber R32 - Species R42 BW - Panini R26 AM - Frailty

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#43 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:08 am

Reklaw wrote:exactly, and that name is just a wordplay for peecock which ofcourse in dirty minds looks like something ugly, and yes i know its spelled wrong im sorry. I could have renamed it but no, delete the character and ban. AFK farming thats exactly what not responding to PM's was. Standing in a keep, or at a flag in tier 2, it happens. You and everyone else knows the afk timers, so you just click your mouse while doing something else.

I've seen alot worse names then that btw, i'm sure i'm not alone
Thats just like naming yourself "therapist" in WoW, which a friend of mine did, he thought he would get away with it but he did not. Even though you could say that its Therapist (as a profession) or The Rapist, either way its going to invoke emotions in people of a negative nature.

Wordplay or not its not all that innocent and I have trouble thinking that you did not thought that it could be read as something else thats naughty.

Illiyara

Post#44 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:15 pm

MrHoot wrote: Oh i remember these ! Favourite was the dark age of camelot throwback zone tho
Sounds awesome, have or know of any screens of that?
Torquemadra wrote:
Illiyara wrote: An aside, banning actually sends people to one of the moons?! Did Mythic create that zone just for bans? And how much can one see there? Is it possible to move around?
no, there was a place in the IC that sent you to random places briefly and it was from that.
Does that place work on RoR? Or do I need to annoy a gm to see it? :p

Lindisfarne

Post#45 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:23 pm

Nothing wrong with a little public shaming, im all for a ban list.
free typi
Lindisfarne Massacre--Northernrage--Pagans Mind--Dio

Bacta
Former Staff

Post#46 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 am

Dark Days my friends.
Bacta AM|Disneys Kotbs| Wiki WP <Foreplay>
Cerebus DoK | Jasselin Chosen <Pillowtalk>

Dajciekrwi

Post#47 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:43 am

Imao, let give & take bans as a men - face to face. Is crime , is punishment, end of the story, nothing to speak about.
If Dear Devs make a public list , They just give opportunity to drama, faction fight , public flaming and all this noi-wanted crap.

TooGraphic

Post#48 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:35 am

Using development time to explain bans seems a bit of a waste. On the other hand a wall of shame with screen shots and stories sounds hilarious. Showing people how they can get banned might lead to less people pushing those boundaries.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#49 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:51 am

TooGraphic wrote:Using development time to explain bans seems a bit of a waste. On the other hand a wall of shame with screen shots and stories sounds hilarious. Showing people how they can get banned might lead to less people pushing those boundaries.
I dont think it would take any time as by my understanding the GMs don't generally develop anything for the game apart from helping the community, and taking a screenshot and taking some notes does not that that long :D

skutrug

Post#50 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:28 pm

I don't think we need very long explanations - This is not judicial proceedings.
A locked thread with just one message per ban with character name/nature of violation/sentence would be be plenty enough.
On the plus side, I am confident it would have some entertainment value during those dark times when we wait for server restart.
And last, I would like to send heartfelt thanks to the unknown player who got me out of a deserved channel suspension by telling the admin "Get off your high horse you **** virgin"... that's the level of abuse GMs face daily... although I confess it made me laugh a lot.
Safe sojourn on the moon, savior :-D
“You go to WAR with the Pugs you have, not the Premades you might want or wish you had”