Recent Topics

Ads

Looking for WE Solo Orvr&SC build please help

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Saltydog

Looking for WE Solo Orvr&SC build please help

Post#1 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:12 pm

Hey, With the nerf to WB i was wondering what a good spec would be for WE when i hit lvl 40 and if the class itself is still worth playing in competitive PVP. Please help with any builds, Tactics and Gear Sets.

Ads
Penril

Re: Looking for WE Solo Orvr&SC build please help

Post#2 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:17 pm

WB is still pretty strong. Having said that, i always loved this spec on live:

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=we; ... 9:;0:0:0:0:

1 KD, 1 ranged KD, self punt + stagger helped a lot with survivability. Specially when solo ganking and suddenly running into 2+ enemies.

mursie

Post#3 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:21 pm

don't sneeze at witchbrew just because some RoR players that never played the class past lvl 35 think it's garbo. Those are the same kind of people that spam envenomed blade on targets (also read - clowns). The tools you can now get really make the build well rounded with the addition of the crit tactic and knockdown as well. Having that heal debuff if you choose to gank a healer is very helpful.

nydig

Post#4 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:23 pm

Wb is still going to be the all around best spec for dealing with heals and tanks. Going a PA spec will deal with kiters slightly better but for me i would rather have the ability to know i can beat any class i see rather then pick and choose who to hit.

Vs tanks the magic dmg of wb will allow you to actually scratch tanks after fp wears off and can no longer get their back and the heal debuff will allow you to kill healers that detaunt you.

Vs ranged if you can swap out a tactic for swift pursuit before combat will help greatly.

Vs melee you open while already strafing away and put up wracking pains. Most of the time this will allow you to get out of melee range which gives you a free gcd to use a 3 point wb in which they cannot hit you. From here you have 2 options depending on class you can either throw daggers and kite which is mainly vs wh, or you can go back into melee and detaunt instantly to eat their knock down which in turn procs taste of blood. At which point stand up knock down collect rps.

Penril

Post#5 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Nothing beats being KD by a SW or BW, just to use your own ranged KD on them when you get up. :P

dirnsterer

Post#6 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:44 pm

As of now this to be honest, heal debuff is always nice to have around and helps in scenario setting a ton.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=we; ... 5608:5619:

If you mainly only roam the other spec with OYK and PA is alright I suppose, long time since used it.

Do renown points mostly after own taste. As for example Resolute Defense is pretty good counter for knockdowns and kiters when solo. And also avoid good SnB tanks mostly as I do not think there is enough renown ranks/abilities and gear to build a counter to them yet.

Saltydog

Post#7 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:56 pm

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=we; ... :5608:0:is

This is the build ive been working with now.. its rly good in my opinion let me know what you think

Atropik

Post#8 » Wed May 11, 2016 8:33 pm

I think PA will shine at rr70+ with crit.rating over 40%.

For now Lotus+EoC looks much more usefull, as for me.
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Vdova

Post#9 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:24 pm

Both specs viable and fun to play, but at current levels 40/40 I would pick WB+inc. heal debuff, because OyK+PA spec is more dependant on high crit chance and also on elixir of insane power(50% armor ignore for 7s) which you cannot offer until rr 50 is introduced(+1 mastery point) same as gear with higher crit chance, crit talis for shoulders and crit+wounds pots :-)))
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

Penril

Post#10 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:26 pm

disclaimer: i never said OYK was the strongest WE build. I suggested it because it is definitely the most fun (for me). :P