Recent Topics

Ads

Ironbreaker Mods

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ryank516

Ironbreaker Mods

Post#1 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:56 am

I am curious if anyone uses any mods to make keeping our buffs up less tedious similar to how plan B works for SM.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: Ironbreaker Mods

Post#2 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:13 am

That's an addon for switching hot bars based on stances, no such thing would be useful for IBs

The only one that be useful for keeping track of buffs would be the buff head addon that shows the duration of buffs and debuffs so you know when to re apply them

As well as maybe guard enhancement/enemy addond for being a good tank in general

RyanMakara

Post#3 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:27 am

The Ironbreaker has a ton of abilities at level 40 that may be hard to manage if you don't use extra keybinds in combination with shift and alt. I would suggest using Nerfed Buttons for the purpose of being able to run two abilities on the same hotbar spot, so you can utilise buffs on a standard rotation without moving whatever hand you use to fire off abilities, allowing you to focus on other tasks better in the midst of combat. Overall any sort of Buffhead display above your head is needed to track your buffs well, lest you want to endlessly buff yourself and completely forget about your CC capabilities. As stated before, any addon that lets you track distance from your guarded target is also mandatory for a tank class. Buffhead also works well for keeping track of enemy CC immunity, so you'll know when to root, punt and knockdown most effectively, as well as showing what friendly target has your Oathfriend/guard.

There is also an addon related to seeing your grudge counter above your head rather than on your UI mechanic. Think there's a thread about it on the forum too. A lot that goes into using addons is picking the ones that work for you and customising them to a level of comfort you can understand well. Try checking some of the mandatory tank addons first and then see whatever you may need as well to suit your playstyle.

Agiond

Post#4 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:37 am

Used to play an IB on War as my alt and didn't find myself having trouble to keep up with the buffs. What trouble do you have? Buffhead certainly helps to keep track of them, but can't think of anything else that can really help you more.

NerfedButtons just makes Macros for you, with conditions, so you can program your full rotation there and just spamm "1", but what's the fun in that? It will become tedious and boring. It's not like you are playing a KotBS trying to keep the 3 auras up.
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Eathisword

Post#5 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:27 am

I personally like the addon dufftimer more then buffhead. Shows your buff just above or below your healthbar and same for your debuffs above your enemies healthbar.

You can see how it looks here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdOtvEbDGXw or in my videos linked in the signature.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

urururu

Post#6 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Agiond wrote:NerfedButtons just makes Macros for you, with conditions, so you can program your full rotation there and just spamm "1", but what's the fun in that? It will become tedious and boring. It's not like you are playing a KotBS trying to keep the 3 auras up.
In ROR chosen and kotbs don't have to twist their auras.

Conditionals cause too much lag. It is not reliable, except maybe in 1v1 or really small scale situation. Pretty much as said above, nerfedbuttons is useful to macro a few abilities in a series to one button. This can be useful but not spamming 1 button to win like you describe. For example, you could bind grumble and mutter + healing potion to one button for your heal. Or maybe even put inspiring attack in front for the willpower buff.