Recent Topics

Ads

Swordmaster Eagles Flight & Redwind

For proposals that have been rejected.
Sprak

Swordmaster Eagles Flight & Redwind

Post#1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:42 am

1) Eagles Flight: Defensive stats (parry) are applied 1 second after the ability is used, therefor the parry buff is only up for 4 seconds at a time.

The issue is that we don't seem to get the full 5 seconds of parry that is stated within the skill. Due to the nature of rotations with the Swordmaster balance mechanic we should be able to see at least 5 seconds out of that skill. I also feel Swordmasters are pigeonholed into using eagles flight every rotation due the short duration of 5 seconds (4 seconds as above).

I propose that Eagles Flight be fixed to appropriately reflect the abilities duration. I might also suggest that allowing the duration to be longer might allow (Good Swordmasters) the chance to weave other abilities into the equation. How much of an increase in duration? I can't say.

I believe this will balance out the use of 2nd rotation abilities, allowing people to utilize other things in prolonged fights without being at a huge disadvantage due to the pigeon hole.

2) Eagles Flight & Redwind: Both can proc at the same time, but Eagles Flight seems to override Redwind.

By using both Eagles Flight and Redwind you take a sever hit in your ability to deal damage, with 1/3 of your weapon proc being almost useless. With the other epics you are getting the full effect of the proc almost at all times. Also, I have been informed that the Chosen's "suppression" ability and weapon buff's do indeed stack.

I propose that Swordmasters Eagles Flight and Redwind proc stack on one another. Or that the Chosen's does not.

This should allow the weapon to be used with its full potential and be on par with the other Epics.

Ads
Azarael

Re: Swordmaster Eagles Flight & Redwind

Post#2 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:14 pm

1) is based on a lie.

The buff system has latent invocation for threading reasons, something I've been meaning to change as it isn't really required in the current threading model. This means that any buff will be invoked 50ms, NOT 1000ms, after it is applied. The duration begins when that buff becomes active, not when it is queued. Therefore you get the correct duration out of every buff in the game.

2) We don't balance around any kind of proc.

Declined.