Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Why would anyone play Magus over Sorc?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
spikespiegel84

Re: [Magus] Why would anyone play Magus over Sorc?

Post#11 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:58 am

I think magus is a great class. And I know players who can really be scary on them. Plus, they are sneaky bastards with those discs, opposed to the thundering gyro who makes us scream "get the dwarf!"

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#12 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:35 am

Torquemadra wrote: Its not a weak class, can you imagine the destro whine if gunblast was undefendable and could hit 2 people? Magus gets that and its fun stuff smacking the guard tanks for 150% damageas you whale on his protected teammate
Can we have this on Engi?

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#13 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:46 am

A tactic where you Cant acclerate where The second Hit hits? For a tactic slot that has to be used for something better? And that for a cast that is nearly never in use Sure Wy not
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:56 am

Magus can't equip that dual-FRF tactic as you would be missing a vital tactic needed for DPS.

The 3-second SVF is good once you have high levels of crit.

Who actually uses Flames Kiss? FRF barely fits into a rotation!

twitch with double magus 6v6: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/101108792

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#15 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:05 pm

What i sad :)
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

freshour
Banned

Post#16 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Ugh... how fun it would be if the NA community did 6v6 like this... Rather it is an hour in Q :P

Ravai

Post#17 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Having played both to a solid renown rank at the highest gear level, can you tell you without question the engi is hands down a better dps class :) mostly due to better tactics/morales and focused fire is crazy strong (focused fire is 8sec cd, a core ability and can be used every rotation). Magus was maybe slightly better during the 5sec boc stage but now its not even close.

Engi with 650 ws, softcap ballistic, max crit and tracer rounds (15% global crit if your close to your turret, not just on specific skills like magus) sat in full stacks cant be ignored, a magus i feel doesnt offer the same threat.

Magus still seems superior as far as aoe damage goes, although that may be as mist wasnt working as intended last time i tried it.

To answer the op, its no comparison to a sorc, completely different mechanics, one is a killing machine 24/7 the other requires far to much setup and downtime.
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor

peterthepan3

Post#18 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:09 pm

^ pretty much this.

If you want a cool dueling class, Magus is epic, but with BoC at 13pts (despite being on a 10 sec cd again?), some dueling builds are compromised.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#19 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:13 pm

this again?
5sec undefendable 1k~2k skill to combine with other dps rotation
so u can kill tanks in every 5sec
make ST best build so every magus stick to 1 build?
i know this game have so many aspect.
but FPS sniper is not needed here

engie too OP? bring it down,don't need 2 OP classes
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:15 pm

^ Has no idea what he's talking about. The issue isn't the damage; its the fact that the damage can't be put out on a consistent & fast-paced basis, compared to other DPS classes (remember: the Magus is a DPS!). When I say 'damage', I mean actual damage that can kill people and not spamming your aoe dots which tick for 30 dmg and showing a sc screenshot with 600k dmg 1 kb.

What tank dies to a Magus rotation? Hint: not a proper tank. If you're allowed to die to an easily anticipated Magus rotation, you need to find a better group/healers.

OT: You just heard feedback from nuclear who has played the class to the highest RR on the server, so if I were you I'd heed it more than feedback from people who seem to moan on a daily basis, a la destro/order bias, without empirical evidence.