Revolution

Let's talk about... everything else
Dabbart

Re: Revolution

Post#161 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:53 pm

"God I hate Trump!"
"Did you Vote?"
"No..."
"Then your opinion is irrelevant, since you didn't bother to participate when you had the chance."
"That's an attack on my personality! You're a racist!"

Ok, I made up that last bit... Pretty spot on though. Anyone can bitch and moan. Do you have a legible alternative? Then go make a balance proposal post.

Regardless, feel free to thicken up that skin a little bit. Disagreement is not a personal attack. Arguing is not inherently aggressive.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
dansari

Post#162 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:33 pm

Dabbart wrote:"God I hate Trump!"
"Did you Vote?"
"No..."
"Then your opinion is irrelevant, since you didn't bother to participate when you had the chance.
"God I hate Trump!"
"Did you vote?"
"Yes, I voted for an alternative."
"Too bad. Both major political parties have so thoroughly entrenched themselves that attempting to break the two-party system is nigh impossible, not mentioning the fact that neither party will actually make life better for you since large multinational corporations dump billions of dollars per year into the system which nets them high ROI in the form of lower taxes, deregulation, and friendly laws to giant organizations, which is partly the reason half of the country doesn't vote. Plus, even if you did vote for the main opposition, we have an undemocratic and archaic system called the Electoral College, which was created when immediate aggregation of votes was thought to be impossible, thereby creating an hilarious scenario where two out of our last five presidents weren't actually the will of a majority of the population."
<Salt Factory>

footpatrol2

Post#163 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:38 pm

wtf

Dabbart

Post#164 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:09 pm

Spoiler:
dansari wrote:
Dabbart wrote:"God I hate Trump!"
"Did you Vote?"
"No..."
"Then your opinion is irrelevant, since you didn't bother to participate when you had the chance.
"God I hate Trump!"
"Did you vote?"
"Yes, I voted for an alternative."
"Too bad. Both major political parties have so thoroughly entrenched themselves that attempting to break the two-party system is nigh impossible, not mentioning the fact that neither party will actually make life better for you since large multinational corporations dump billions of dollars per year into the system which nets them high ROI in the form of lower taxes, deregulation, and friendly laws to giant organizations, which is partly the reason half of the country doesn't vote. Plus, even if you did vote for the main opposition, we have an undemocratic and archaic system called the Electoral College, which was created when immediate aggregation of votes was thought to be impossible, thereby creating an hilarious scenario where two out of our last five presidents weren't actually the will of a majority of the population."
This just in.
Spoiler:
Really not the place for that conversation. And in case you are alluding to the fact that there might be "no point" in joining the balance discussions... I have 2 words for you. Keg Nerf.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Penril

Post#165 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:10 pm

We need a Balance College.

dansari

Post#166 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:41 pm

Lol there was no RoR related argument. I agree that if you don't participate you don't get to complain; you just used a bad political analogy that, as you said, isn't proper to put on the forums.
Last edited by dansari on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Salt Factory>

TenTonHammer

Post#167 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:54 pm

Penril wrote:We need a Balance College.

Thats a college of magic too improbable even for warhammer lore

Orcpacolypse

Post#168 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:06 pm

So tonight's session of "brainstorming" can be summed up with one sentence -
My opinion is that you have no right to your opinion.
This is definitely going to be one of threads that makes it to 100+ pages

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#169 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:22 pm

Dajciekrwi wrote:
Buran wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:If you don't even bother to post in balance/change disscussion threads then you have no right to complain about changes made to the game
A good attempt to reduce the thread of discussion to the discussion of my personality. Respect. But I will not continue the discussion about the meaning of the scope imposed by you for me.
i know that feeling Buran, just want you to know that im agreed with you. Na zdarowije !

Balance discussions last for minimum 2 WEEKS

It is not unreasonable for people, in that time, to have a chance to come in and make their say, if you dont come in, have your say, your argument, then why do you complain once the changes are implemented?

We've see before balance changes that had support from a lot of fourm goer's get rejected by the devs because someone came in and made a good argument for why it shouldnt be implemented or is a bad idea.

The devs read all arguments

Buran

Post#170 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:24 am

peterthepan3 wrote:I'm sorry, but TenTon is right: if you moan about changes made here, citing the oh-so-used 'hurr but live was like x,y and z!' phrase - yet are nowhere to be seen in balance discussions/threads pertaining to potential changes/don't give your input - then don't expect to be taken too seriously.
Do You carefully read what I wrote in this thread?
No matter what we discuss in this and other topics, if there is no understanding of goals and objectives. If we do not agree on a development strategy, both the community and the administration of the project. You try to substitute common meanings for particulars. And the funniest thing is that this is in the game where the principles, pathos and persistence are the basis of the story !!!

When the developers asked the community in 2015 what the RVR system should be T4 and the community chose the patch system 1.3.6, these are strategic decisions that solved a lot at once. When we rolled down in particular, we got a modified AoR that disappeared in 2013.

Let's draw parallels. The ancient Romans used the principles for their enemies - divide and conquer (divide et impera). This is happening now - we are not just divided, we do not even discuss why we need some changes, like one of which, by a chain of dominoes, will affect everyone. But to build the Empire needs more than just power, we need a common idea and interests. In this case, the community with its own interests, solving their tasks, and thus providing a permanent online role for each player, the need for each player online. And here the questions of the balance of classes already make sense.

But this is work. And I wrote about it. Invasion is a casual guild. But last year we had 2 compulsory RvR events every week and 5 days we played at RvR because we liked it. On the RU server we were filled with hours of protection last zone, remember how the destruction did not allow the whole faction into the mirrors of the city of Inevitability, despite the blocked directions. These emotions were given to us by Warhammer, but this world was filled with emotions, meanings, and goals by the players' community. And I sincerely do not understand those who choose the path that will lead to a new December 2013. In this case, only the strategy, only hardcore!
Dajciekrwi wrote:i know that feeling Buran, just want you to know that im agreed with you. Na zdarowije !
Thank You!!! this is rally nessesary for me!