Recent Topics

Ads

So, does anyone care about PvE?

Let's talk about... everything else
Serbiansword

Re: So, does anyone care about PvE?

Post#21 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:13 pm

Considering that the devs are doing this for free and are using their free time to work on this project... I would rather have them put all of their resources into RvR. I know that this project is something that will always evolve and never be trully done, but i'd rather have almost-finished RvR then less-then-almost finished RvR and somewhat Finished PvE. Of course this is my personal opinion and I don't have anything against PvE. It's just that, as OP wrote, the majority of players came here for the RvR.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#22 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:24 pm

Serbiansword wrote:Considering that the devs are doing this for free and are using their free time to work on this project... I would rather have them put all of their resources into RvR. I know that this project is something that will always evolve and never be trully done, but i'd rather have almost-finished RvR then less-then-almost finished RvR and somewhat Finished PvE. Of course this is my personal opinion and I don't have anything against PvE. It's just that, as OP wrote, the majority of players came here for the RvR.
Different people work on different things. You wouldn't want some of these guys doing RvR if their talents are far better suited for something else.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Serbiansword

Post#23 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Serbiansword wrote:Considering that the devs are doing this for free and are using their free time to work on this project... I would rather have them put all of their resources into RvR. I know that this project is something that will always evolve and never be trully done, but i'd rather have almost-finished RvR then less-then-almost finished RvR and somewhat Finished PvE. Of course this is my personal opinion and I don't have anything against PvE. It's just that, as OP wrote, the majority of players came here for the RvR.
Different people work on different things. You wouldn't want some of these guys doing RvR if their talents are far better suited for something else.
I would force them into working the RvR to be honest! :lol:
Jokes aside, I do understand the logic behind your answer since I work in a team of 40+ people and you are quite right on that.

anarchypark

Post#24 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:43 am

PvP is not that different from PvE imo.
players are mobs, just little bit smarter.
mobs have aggro and pattern. players have it too.
you can control players if you know how to control aggro in PvE.
PvE is testing ground of basic skills. it's easy mode.

in BL hunt, you can see their skills of the class. a lot of failure from alt.
every time i see keep lord bouncing around in lord room, i felt their lack of PvE experience.
have u played PvE with no tank grp, no heal grp, all tanks/all dps grp?
you learn how to coordinate with rest of group members and improvise. like unbalanced SC.
it also improves your situation awareness to minumum level for PvP.
so yea, you should care PvE.
it's part of the whole game. easy mode, progress, end contents.

let me know if you are order player. i'm looking for pve group.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS6, BW6, WP8, WH7, IB8, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm6, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

darkhosis

Post#25 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:36 pm

VonEpic wrote:Is PvE just a means to an end? I feel like PvE centric players (if there's any others like me) are second class citizens :lol: . Will PvE ever be fleshed out? Just wondering because I feel like RvR gets all the attention, and since it's constant re-invention of the wheel, PvE and other areas of the game (that would require relatively little attention) are going sorely neglected. Tertiary T4 areas, I'm looking at you.

I remember moderating another MMORPG (that I'm not proud of) and constantly filling in empty areas with mobs, static decoration, testing and balancing quests, or adding little jump/puzzle challenges,dungeons, or wherever I could while administration and the [paid] programmers worked on all the back end stuff, and it didn't really take much effort (of course I'm not super familiar with gamebryo or the creation engine).

Am I alone in thinking this way? And yes, I get that RvR/PvP is the draw for most players.
I care about PvE

but I guess 'design decision' in regard to thorn decision, isn't so nice for this, so I won't be playing anymore

HI KRINGE!

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#26 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:54 pm

I invite you to take a look every weeks on patchnotes.

There is a LONG list of PvE fix, additionnal content made by the team weekly (ToK, Quests, Spawns, Public Quests, Special Events, and so on...).

Saying we don't care about is a bit unfair :).

Now about actual non-existent content (like instances, lotd...), if it doesn't exist ingame atm, there is probably a good reason don't you think? Be assured it will be deployed asap.

Collateral

Post#27 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:09 pm

darkhosis wrote:I care about PvE

but I guess 'design decision' in regard to thorn decision, isn't so nice for this, so I won't be playing anymore

HI KRINGE!
Bye.

nalgol
Developer

Post#28 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:04 pm

darkhosis wrote:
VonEpic wrote:Is PvE just a means to an end? I feel like PvE centric players (if there's any others like me) are second class citizens :lol: . Will PvE ever be fleshed out? Just wondering because I feel like RvR gets all the attention, and since it's constant re-invention of the wheel, PvE and other areas of the game (that would require relatively little attention) are going sorely neglected. Tertiary T4 areas, I'm looking at you.

I remember moderating another MMORPG (that I'm not proud of) and constantly filling in empty areas with mobs, static decoration, testing and balancing quests, or adding little jump/puzzle challenges,dungeons, or wherever I could while administration and the [paid] programmers worked on all the back end stuff, and it didn't really take much effort (of course I'm not super familiar with gamebryo or the creation engine).

Am I alone in thinking this way? And yes, I get that RvR/PvP is the draw for most players.
I care about PvE

HI KRINGE!
guess he didnt look at the last post on page 2

Ads
Dabbart

Post#29 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:06 pm

I personally will die happy if I get to run Gunbad again. LV was a lot of fun as well.

Even keep sieges have PvE elements. I never get these posts. If you want pure PvP go play csgo. This is an MMo. Even the fiercest pvp mmos have a bunch of PvE. It's about content.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#30 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:11 am

PvE and PvP have common parts (for exemple instances) so both are very important. Like wargrim said , we all working on different aspects of the game.
It takes times and a lot of things left to do, but be sure that we work on both PvP and PvE.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer