Recent Topics

Ads

Quest Exp

Let's talk about... everything else
Niakahn

Quest Exp

Post#1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:37 pm

It's no secret. Quest exp is rather lackluster. As I understand it, modifying it would be quite a tremendous undertaking, as each quest must be adjusted individually. Would it be possible, however, to have the quest exp tick twice? That could circumvent the tedious task of calibrating each and every quest.

Ads
szejoza

Re: Quest Exp

Post#2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:42 am

I'd actually love to see that, nowadays quests are done mainly by people that either don't know any other way of leveling up, or lore fanatics. PvE areas are dead, sometimes I stumble on someone but 99% of the time this guy is on his way to farming spot or hunting tome unlock.

But to implement it we would need numbers, for example total sum of experience needed from level 1 to 10 and exp recieved from turning in quests and an average number of mobs needed to be killed to finish those quests and exp recieved while doing that.
Spoiler:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:22 pm

The quests are tuned currently to provide a full leveling experience as you complete each chapter across the three racial areas. When you find yourself too low for one area, you should move over to the next one. This is more important in T3 and T4 as the rate of leveling slows down a bit, but there are also significantly more quests available.

Also, quests have not had a significant bump in XP because we do not particularly want them to be a highly efficient method of leveling when RvR is the area requiring an active population to be effective. Feel free to do them as you like to fill in some time and explore the world, we're still going to work on adding rewards and fixing them up, but don't expect an xp buff.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Niakahn

Post#4 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:15 pm

wargrimnir wrote:The quests are tuned currently to provide a full leveling experience as you complete each chapter across the three racial areas. When you find yourself too low for one area, you should move over to the next one. This is more important in T3 and T4 as the rate of leveling slows down a bit, but there are also significantly more quests available.

Also, quests have not had a significant bump in XP because we do not particularly want them to be a highly efficient method of leveling when RvR is the area requiring an active population to be effective. Feel free to do them as you like to fill in some time and explore the world, we're still going to work on adding rewards and fixing them up, but don't expect an xp buff.
Ahh, thanks for the reply. Yeah, that makes sense. Yeah, rewards would definitely help bring more people to do more PvE. More trophies would be so cool. Just don't want to see all the work put into quests go to waste.