Recent Topics

Ads

Lowbies in t4.

Let's talk about... everything else
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Lowbies in t4.

Post#101 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:24 pm

lefze wrote:This system is far superior to the old one, but only because of the population. The second the tier progression was removed the level mechanic that made the tiers necessary should also have been done away with. It's obsolete, not only because there isn't actually anything tied to the levels except abilities, but because renown/gear is the main progression in the game. At this point all the levels does is degrade the actual benefits of the merge by creating a way larger than necessary powergap between a "lowbie" and a more mature character. The gap from renown+gear is big enough, just the way it is. So even if the poll shows that the new system is superior, it still doesn't mean that the OPs point isn't very much valid.
Did you play any bolstered character? Because it sounds like you didn't.

Ads
CaledorTree

Post#102 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Spoiler:
Hargrim wrote:
CaledorTree wrote:But oh, you were not serious....
I was, I asked him for solution of the 'zerg problem'. The last one praised by this kind was 'open more zones'. It did that much good.
So if not IQ test, english language understanding test, what about some tutorial videos made sticky in class subforums? I mean, when I started playing WAR, I came from EVE which is by no comparison a much more complex game. But then I did not know how to slot tactics, how to activate mastery abilities and clicked the morales for a looong time. I have seen choppas holding only 1 weapon (not the 2h lol). So, some basics should be recorded and posted so every noob can check them.
You know we do this on our free time for no money right? Who the hell do you think you are? You want all those things, go make them yourself - Penril
Hargrim: This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock
Achilleos: From my own experience I don't think you will be having this signature for long.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#103 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:25 pm

CaledorTree wrote:So if not IQ test, english language understanding test, what about some tutorial videos made sticky in class subforums? I mean, when I started playing WAR, I came from EVE which is by no comparison a much more complex game. But then I did not know how to slot tactics, how to activate mastery abilities and clicked the morales for a looong time. I have seen choppas holding only 1 weapon (not the 2h lol). So, some basics should be recorded and posted so every noob can check them.
Go, do it, record that. Good idea, +1.

lefze
Suspended

Post#104 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Hargrim wrote:
lefze wrote:This system is far superior to the old one, but only because of the population. The second the tier progression was removed the level mechanic that made the tiers necessary should also have been done away with. It's obsolete, not only because there isn't actually anything tied to the levels except abilities, but because renown/gear is the main progression in the game. At this point all the levels does is degrade the actual benefits of the merge by creating a way larger than necessary powergap between a "lowbie" and a more mature character. The gap from renown+gear is big enough, just the way it is. So even if the poll shows that the new system is superior, it still doesn't mean that the OPs point isn't very much valid.
Did you play any bolstered character? Because it sounds like you didn't.
Yes, actually I have. And the difference is massive even though you get some pretty numbers on certain abilities. I just don't see ANY reason to keep the debolster system in place with the merger, keeping T1 as an introduction and after that letting players fight on even footing is just a way more practical solution, in theory at least.

Edit: And I recall that you wanted to keep the progression as clean and close to live as possible, but all this became irrelevant with the merger.
Last edited by lefze on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rip Phalanx

CaledorTree

Post#105 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Wam wrote:Hargrim asked a question, I gave him feedback as a experienced tester from my personal experience...

you feeling left out that its not about you?

I am straight forward I don't need to brag about anything, if anything in this game is worth bragging about...

But if you complain about dying, I know you will complain about TUP soon enough bro so keep it up I look forward to it :lol:
When you address someone in a forum you either straightly quote him or type @<name of the person you are talking to>. Either noone will know whom you are talking to.
Trying to pretend you do not brag when you clearly do is not convincing and sounds stupid.
Edit: I will tell you a COOL story. Your guild, like many others have their lifespan. After a point, the basic/important players leave for various reasons like boredom, rl etc. Then the rest start leaving because the wb's are no longer THAT effective. In the end, the roster is almost dead, and you find yourself running in a small alliance group. After that alliance also disintegrates, and you are in a new guild not that good. And then some people find you and kick your ass more than you think you can take.
Yesterday in t2 Ostland, I can recall that killspam showed you got rekt, so I do not feel bad if I give you a worthless lowbie kill in order to keep you playing.
Last edited by CaledorTree on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hargrim: This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock
Achilleos: From my own experience I don't think you will be having this signature for long.

CaledorTree

Post#106 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Hargrim wrote:
CaledorTree wrote:So if not IQ test, english language understanding test, what about some tutorial videos made sticky in class subforums? I mean, when I started playing WAR, I came from EVE which is by no comparison a much more complex game. But then I did not know how to slot tactics, how to activate mastery abilities and clicked the morales for a looong time. I have seen choppas holding only 1 weapon (not the 2h lol). So, some basics should be recorded and posted so every noob can check them.
Go, do it, record that. Good idea, +1.
You asked how the quality could be improved, I gave you an answer. So if you think it is a good solution, go do it yourself, since you are the one who wanted to know. :roll:

M0rw47h

Post#107 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Hargrim wrote:
M0rw47h wrote: Well, I think it's not often about "blobing elsewhere", as today for example we had T2, where nothing was happening, and Destro locked it pretty fast, then we had again a bit empty T3 locked pretty fast by Destro again, and when T4 was open, suddenly Order has appeared and Praag was going for hours.
Whose fault was that?
I blame Karl Franz for not sending enough peasants into T2/3.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#108 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:31 pm

lefze wrote:And I recall that you wanted to keep the progression as clean and close to live as possible, but all this became irrelevant with the merger.
It is relevant, because around 75% of the world is PvE and this PvE need correct levels to function.

Although I personally don't have anything against giving access to all abilities at rank 16 (to preserve the PvE) as far as I know leads are not supporting that idea, so...

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#109 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:33 pm

CaledorTree wrote:You asked how the quality could be improved, I gave you an answer. So if you think it is a good solution, go do it yourself, since you are the one who wanted to know. :roll:
So if all you can do is pointless talk on the forums I guess there is nothing to discuss further.

Because it's not like I already spend hundreds of hours on this project and am busy with other stuff than shooting tutorial videos for player base.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#110 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:34 pm

M0rw47h wrote:I blame Karl Franz for not sending enough peasants into T2/3.
Consider not posting if you don't have anything of value to add.