Recent Topics

Ads

If I heal someone outside my group

Let's talk about... everything else
sioding
Game Master

Re: If I heal someone outside my group

Post#31 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 pm

I am not happy with your attitude @darude83 - but good for you that it´s not my job to deal with it here. I do not see a lot of constructive change idea´s or the question if a proposal could change the sitiuation. You are welcome to criticize things - but in a contructive way.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Ads
bichka

Post#32 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:33 pm

small suggestion about tanks - if tank using guard AND staying in guard range while dps do his dirty job (aka kill) - tank get some reward. On PUG scs there literally a few tanks who care about guard range. Most just doing what they want to do.

Able to kill by yourself - great, not able and not guarding anyone or not in guard range - keep wasting your time, dear useless deftard :p

adamthelc

Post#33 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:42 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:51 pm
darude83 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:36 pm

At least we are not talking about encouraging people to group up anymore...
God forbid we do that. :shock:

The difference is a damage dealer will not be as resilient as, or have the survivability of, a tank or healer (in most cases), and so they will die more often than a healer or a tank would (most deaths in zones is always a 2h Choppa or solo Slayer).

You can't heal people to death. You can heal the damage dealers doing the killing, but I think throwing a few hots on as many DPS as you can see isn't as taxing as killing players as a solo DPS - but that's just me.

You always have the option of speccing DPS on your healer class if it is that much of a burden/if the idea of playing with a group so as to ensure a steady stream of medallions doesn't appeal to you. A DPS Shaman can net a lot of renown and medals with their AoE burst/DoTs killing pugs when they run away. I'm sure a Zealot charging into the battle throwing a few AoE dots will get his killing quest completed relatively quickly, too. :ugeek:
This the problen in my eyes. Its not so much that healers are discouraged from playing solo. Its that if they are solo, doing damage is far more productive than healing.

Which I dont have a problem with in practice, but in theory it doesnt seem like a very good system.

Someone said that they want healers to be in a group and thats not really what the system does. It really says if you are going to go solo, you shouldnt heal.

So in effect you are telling SOME healers they shouldnt be healing. Because some healers are going to be solo for whatever reason.

The solution is pretty easy, give them more renown for healing out of group. There is a lot of middle ground between what they get now and the stupid amount they used to get. Something on par with a solo dps seems appropriate.

roadkillrobin

Post#34 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:54 pm

The difference is a damage dealer will not be as resilient as, or have the survivability of, a tank or healer (in most cases), and so they will die more often than a healer or a tank would (most deaths in zones is always a 2h Choppa or solo Slayer).

You can't heal people to death. You can heal the damage dealers doing the killing, but I think throwing a few hots on as many DPS as you can see isn't as taxing as killing players as a solo DPS - but that's just me.

You always have the option of speccing DPS on your healer class if it is that much of a burden/if the idea of playing with a group so as to ensure a steady stream of medallions doesn't appeal to you. A DPS Shaman can net a lot of renown and medals with their AoE burst/DoTs killing pugs when they run away. I'm sure a Zealot charging into the battle throwing a few AoE dots will get his killing quest completed relatively quickly, too. :ugeek:
It's easier then ever for a solo glass cannon dps to get free renown. The better burst the better. You see, there are AFK people sitting on almoast every BO. The faster you kill them the less chance is that they alt+tab into the game while still being alive to fend for themself.

darude83
Suspended

Post#35 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:05 pm

sioding wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 pm I am not happy with your attitude @darude83 - but good for you that it´s not my job to deal with it here. I do not see a lot of constructive change idea´s or the question if a proposal could change the sitiuation. You are welcome to criticize things - but in a contructive way.
Sorry, i'll try to contain my anger about this better. There is not a lot to discuss, OP already said it all, and he is dead on. This situation is obvious, and the counterarguments brought forth so far are not worth discussing further. Another player called them "not particulary strong", and i'll just leave it at that.

Yes, thank you for stating the obvious, and reaffirming my point for me.

DPS AM/Sham are great solo classes, but why punish those who want to focus on healing? It makes zero sense. Why are you defending a broken system? Regarding your point of not being able to heal people to death, renown is only received on kills, so that's not the point.

I don't get the hate for healers throwing some hots around, i really don't. That's their class, that's what they do. Who are they hurting? Is it so hard for any range class to throw some dots/aoe on the targets?

I feel like there is this underlying fear of losing renown, because some healer gave you a heal. I just don't think that way at all - but that's just me.
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

Kurama

Post#36 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:42 pm

I blame it on the exploiters, they ruin it for everyone else. That's why some needed changes can't be made.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

CarniX

Post#37 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Current system is fine.

Just do dps during fights, then rezz/heal after for free zone contribution.

Fey

Post#38 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:40 pm

I think the current system is most likely the best. Support in general in most game formats is a thankless job. You do it because your good at it or you enjoy it, thems the breaks. The current system for gearing and leveling up encourages group play which is how it should be. Solo healers get the short end, but realistically someone has to.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Loans

Post#39 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:12 pm

Anyone remember the reason why on live there was this option to recive renown for healing someone?

peterthepan3

Post#40 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Fey wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:40 pm I think the current system is most likely the best. Support in general in most game formats is a thankless job. You do it because your good at it or you enjoy it, thems the breaks. The current system for gearing and leveling up encourages group play which is how it should be. Solo healers get the short end, but realistically someone has to.
Pretty much this.

Our healers are the first to get geared: we pass on conq medals for them, they get their gear first, and they are - for some strange reason - the highest RR in the guild.

Just because Mr Durp is getting an entire medallion and higher RP than you for killing another Durp doesn't necessitate a paradigm shift. You can get gear and renown at a higher rate than said Mr Durp by playing with competent DPS/tanks who prioritise gearing their healers first (as should be the case).

tldr; does the RR/medal system work within groups? yes. Does it work when viewed across archetypes individually? No, someone gets the short straw, but that is where grouping comes into play.