Recent Topics

Ads

Point of Career levels?

Let's talk about... everything else
Azarael

Re: Point of Career levels?

Post#31 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 am

I tend to agree with the general sentiment expressed, that too much has been done to FORCE players into a grind. I don't enjoy grinding myself and never did. The most appealing part of original WAR for me, coming from a crappy Korean grindfest, was the realization that some games DIDN'T force me to do unpaid work for the "right" to play the game. I remember feeling like a complete idiot for letting myself be deluded by a bunch of people who thought that grinding for hours made them pro in a 3 button game.

This is a game at the end of the day. Any elements of grind and progression are there to add to the experience - not to present a barrier of tedium to overcome to be allowed to PvP.

However, that said - internally, not everyone shares my opinion, especially the people responsible for the implementation of PvE and quests. I am going to ease leveling, but primarily through working with the quests and analysing the population in a given tier to modify XP gain rather than adding powerleveling, unless the database team are prepared to make something like mobs which actually require an attentive group to fight but provide good XP.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#32 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:46 am

If lvling gonna be faster trough questing i would recomend having all PVE areas be debolster zones and scale the players to apropiate lvl of the PVE warcamp zone. It's really boring if you outrank the npc's when doing the quest chains and have 0 challange at all.

Ano option would be something like the Legendary questline, but instead of gear rewards when you complete the quest line you automatcly claim the max lvl of that tier.

So example, go to ch1 pick up the quest kill, "30 boars" hand in at ch2 were you pick up new quest, "steal the beastmen horn" that hands in ch3 and so on up to max chapter of the zone. When you hand in last one in the zone you automatily go to lvl 11. Same for t2, t3 and t4.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

wonshot

Post#33 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:51 am

Maybe something could be done to rested exp, like obtaining it at a way faster rate in someway.

Just a thourght.
Bombling 92BW
Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP

Gombling 85MSH - Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 83Sorc - Destroling 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara

tazdingo

Post#34 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:28 am

yeah i seriously dislike the idea of removing lvls or handing out free lvl 40s, xp gain could just do with being a little higher

Fallenkezef

Post#35 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:02 am

As a casual player, I'd enjoy a quicker route to 40 but I'd still want to feel like I've earned it.

The accepted route is to grind pq's and sc's. Making the quests worthwhile would be good.

To this day the only quests i've done on my 40 Chosen are the epic weapon quests.
Alea iacta est

Needabeer

Post#36 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:31 am

For people who like pvp only like myself, drastically increase the xp for kills in rvr so it is on par with questing/grinding mobs

Glorian

Post#37 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:02 pm

Needabeer wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:31 am For people who like pvp only like myself, drastically increase the xp for kills in rvr so it is on par with questing/grinding mobs
More XP for Kills in RvR. That would be the Warhammer Way. :)

As I usually fell asleep after 45 minutes of PvE Grind it would be nice to really level by PvP. You get some XP and plenty of Renown. But to effectively level an increase in RvR XP would be nice.
Focused on Kills and Keep Takes. Not so much on BO sitting.

Rumpel

Post#38 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:14 pm

I leveled mostly by RVR with rested xp and epic quests. Takes Some Time but it's more fun and you learn your class.

Don't see the problem to be forced to grind unless you don't think it's a race to get 40.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Ads
ragafury

Post#39 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:14 pm

as said I don't feel like you learn you class from repeating 8000x the same imperfect rotation which usually misses playstyle defining abilities and tactics.
though I like the concept of charprogression, and dislike instant max level freeshards.

atm it feels like you are forced into grinding like it was said and it feels like you are forced into isolation (as an example I don't get why it had to be 5 levels after DR for exp and I don't get why Wayshrine of Sigmar was nerfed, because ppl actually like the PQ, I know some ppl ingame still from there and even added them to my mains FL, it was a hotspot to make first contact with ppl in a small grp while finishing the PQ, get some starter gear and chat; many ppl were there super teaching to new players and had there the time to explain core concepts of the game).

slow level progression is also hurting both existing and new players;
new players obv. get frustrated if they realize they have to grind for ~30h or more hours ingame to just reach maxlevel and that it's best done solo and exclusively via grind.

existing players usually roll a class to get an insight look, try something, experiment or fix current roster setups which occur in there parties / guilds. doing such like, for the 5th, 6th, 7th time with current exp rates and possibilites simply isn't fun, it's super repetitve and you develop strange farming patterns which remind me of PoE or Diablo III. and that's most of the time for an unselfish intent, cause even if you play hardcore 24/7, the max chars you kinda want to support is 2-5; not more. many chars I leveled to 40/40 were only leveled to 40/40 for me to realize they are not my cup of tea.

if you ask me how leveling a class is in this game which isn't capable of soloing with bolster in RvR is I would describe it with the adjective: tedious.
if your chosen class is not a star in PvE grinding, well enjoy the flight, it's gonna be a long one.

about leveling in RvR with bolster:

if the class is fine for soloing, it's fine but expensive.
however you still miss, even if your class is good at it some essentials:
mount with max speed, consumables which are on par with the highlevel ones, talis and so on.

for a new player it's unrealistic to obtain and maintain constantly a highend bolster.
I did it on one char, investment was aprox ~500g without max mount, which was an additional 100g and no talis included for gearsets like anihilator, ruin, and so on. just the T1, T2, T3 sets, consumables from AH, consumables from token vendor, inbetween item solutions form AH, matching talis (usually blue ones) from AH for the current worn gearset.

new players don't have access to that amount of money.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Fallenkezef

Post#40 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:41 pm

Back on live each tier had a vibrant life. You had tier specific dungeons and scenarios and a tier specific rvr that made the tier less of a grin and more of an experience.
We just do not have the population for that on RoR.

T1 has it's own life and many of us roll and re-roll toons for that experience but between 15 and 40 the game is just an empty void of grinding to end game.

Since the cap for conq, subjugator and genesis bags was raised to 40/41 the gap is even more apparent. There is literaly no point to 16 to 39 other than a painful grind.

You may aswell give people free boosts to 40/41 at this point. Even the new dungeon isn't a huge incentive, I did it at 40.

Either the grind needs to be made substantialy easier or something has to hold the attention and fun of players at 16 to 39 to make mid tier enjoyable. As it stands I wouldn't roll a toon to go beyond 15 without another triple exp week.
Alea iacta est