Recent Topics

Ads

AM mechanic changes, results and a few thoughts.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kkprfx

Re: AM mechanic changes, results and a few thoughts.

Post#91 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:51 am

Brizio pls, I've played with you and most of your comments come from an l2p perspective.
Gabber

Ads
Brizio

Post#92 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:41 am
Brizio wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:22 pm

1 - Ok, i must apologize, just tested and my number 1.9k (not 1.6k), on a WE with 320 spiritual resist. Now how you guys are getting on 2.4k? Unless youre testing it on dummies, wich would be ... dummy, right?

2 - The BE damage is not even the point here. Ive never said Isha its not viable, you kind assumed that. Or did i? I said its underperforming compared to other healing classes. That it got worse after the WH/AP drain changes and it did. BE won't make the class any better than or at least close to RP / WP.

3 - This:

Any healing AM, who knows to spec goes both Isha and Vaul. Similar for heal shaman.

Really? Before the changes on MotM youve never considered going Asuryan for Heal Debuff to help party lacking it?

4 - And this goes specifically to you. Youre a toxic, arrogant, agressive person. You try to intimidate players by telling them "they dont know how to play the class" without even trying to understand the point or getting to know the person. Youre exactly the kind of person that shouldnt be here.

Anyway, i was just trying to improve the class, i guess Healing AM is amazing. So, for now, ill just go play other classes. I
All here talk about pvp situations, not test targets. Ofc you don't lifetap that much all the time, as a lot factors influence your healing value. Made 2,3k yesterday without willpower or 40% boost tactic.

Your first post on this thread was full of nonsense and yet you come across like you think to know what you are talking. Viability of heal AM and the item issues you mentioned, I don't know where to start first. With such a post you don't start a discussion.
The AP drain is more reliable than ever and it's no ap cost makes disrupts less hurting.
You can't drain solo players without buffs, which is kind of ok and in group fights you always have someone to drain. The buff removal is the icing on the cake.

When in your party only the heal AM has an easy to disrupt heal debuff, then the party setup is far from optimal, it's not even average.
Before dots were fixed to not break detaunt it was a no-go to use dots on enemy targets. Since they are fixed Vaul became viable again for lifetap.
Previously and in live server the 5sec silence was more appealing, as a proper group setup has at least one dd with heal debuff.
What I say is the result of your contribution to this thread. I have to understand your points in order to say, that your arguments on heal AM are weak, which I did. It doesn't help that you call me things but go on, if it makes you feel better.
Sulorie wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:41 am
Brizio wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:22 pm

1 - Ok, i must apologize, just tested and my number 1.9k (not 1.6k), on a WE with 320 spiritual resist. Now how you guys are getting on 2.4k? Unless youre testing it on dummies, wich would be ... dummy, right?

2 - The BE damage is not even the point here. Ive never said Isha its not viable, you kind assumed that. Or did i? I said its underperforming compared to other healing classes. That it got worse after the WH/AP drain changes and it did. BE won't make the class any better than or at least close to RP / WP.

3 - This:

Any healing AM, who knows to spec goes both Isha and Vaul. Similar for heal shaman.

Really? Before the changes on MotM youve never considered going Asuryan for Heal Debuff to help party lacking it?

4 - And this goes specifically to you. Youre a toxic, arrogant, agressive person. You try to intimidate players by telling them "they dont know how to play the class" without even trying to understand the point or getting to know the person. Youre exactly the kind of person that shouldnt be here.

Anyway, i was just trying to improve the class, i guess Healing AM is amazing. So, for now, ill just go play other classes. I
All here talk about pvp situations, not test targets. Ofc you don't lifetap that much all the time, as a lot factors influence your healing value. Made 2,3k yesterday without willpower or 40% boost tactic.

Your first post on this thread was full of nonsense and yet you come across like you think to know what you are talking. Viability of heal AM and the item issues you mentioned, I don't know where to start first. With such a post you don't start a discussion.
The AP drain is more reliable than ever and it's no ap cost makes disrupts less hurting.
You can't drain solo players without buffs, which is kind of ok and in group fights you always have someone to drain. The buff removal is the icing on the cake.

When in your party only the heal AM has an easy to disrupt heal debuff, then the party setup is far from optimal, it's not even average.
Before dots were fixed to not break detaunt it was a no-go to use dots on enemy targets. Since they are fixed Vaul became viable again for lifetap.
Previously and in live server the 5sec silence was more appealing, as a proper group setup has at least one dd with heal debuff.
What I say is the result of your contribution to this thread. I have to understand your points in order to say, that your arguments on heal AM are weak, which I did. It doesn't help that you call me things but go on, if it makes you feel better.

Ok, ok. First, please, what is your AM name, so i can actually know who im talking to? (Not that it matters, just good to know). Im Healbillies.

Lets focus on 2. You see, that is your opinion! I undestand the points you presented. To me, it wasnt. I rather have the the option to choose who i am going to apply the drain, and pick someone with low disrupt chance. For instance, i could pick a squig pet or magus... mob and keep it applied 100% of the time. Now the skill is more "reliable" because it doesnt cost ap but you need the dang blessing. In general it made the class lose ap regeneration. Wild healing turned 35% also. Where is the nonsense here?

The sets, i am sorry, i should have been more specific. Lets see the WP sets, for instance. How many genesis set they have? I wish AM had a defensive set. The RP, well, i guess i dont need to say the possibilities here. How about here, nonsense?

Just because my opinion does not match your it does not mean its nonsense. Please, respect that.

Again, the AM healing class is weak on a meta group. The changes, focusing dps tree made it even worse. Do you agree with this?

Brizio

Post#93 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:46 pm

kkprfx wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:51 am Brizio pls, I've played with you and most of your comments come from an l2p perspective.
Im sorry, i dont remember your toon names. Do you play Order?

Telperien

Post#94 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:10 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:14 pm
Brizio wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:37 pm Argunents, yeeasss! Thank you.

Ok ok, when you say "lifetaps" youre considering BE and TF. Cause if you are considering EoV, thats not Isha tree, thats Vaul tree. And no, you cant get those numbers with BE.

But lets say you considered EoV, so the answer for my criticism on Isha tree is.... go Vaul?

When saying lifetap, then BE or EoV is meant, while you have to decide whether FE in Isha 13 or EoV Vaul 13.
What ever you do as healing AM, you use BE, which is in Vaul too.
Others added their numbers, which match my own, so please go and get your numbers first before arguing about healing values and viability of certain trees.
Hi Sulorie.
Can you post current lifetap heal spec for AM? I didnt follow changes to AMs for last half a year, but i`m hearing lifetap style becoming viable again, right?
Can you clarify on that dot-detaunt thing?
Also career mechanic require now to get as much as possible "stat points" to enable better heals on lifetaps only? Or basic heals too? (armor talis dont count towards stat points yes?)
Also, I can confirm Sulorie played/playes healing AM very well, we`ve been playing a few times and he knows how to do it:)
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Sulorie

Post#95 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 am

Spoiler:
Telperien wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:10 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:14 pm

When saying lifetap, then BE or EoV is meant, while you have to decide whether FE in Isha 13 or EoV Vaul 13.
What ever you do as healing AM, you use BE, which is in Vaul too.
Others added their numbers, which match my own, so please go and get your numbers first before arguing about healing values and viability of certain trees.

Posting specs is difficult, because the builders are out of date. :)
When you detaunt and then use dots, detaunt is broken. When you apply dots first, then detaunt results in 50% dot damage reduction.
Afaik the skill contribution is based on the main attribute of the selected tree, e.g. willpower for isha or intel for vaul, or 70% of all stat points added together, what ever is higher. This helps to use intel based skills in heal spec. Armor talis don't count.
I would mix armor with wounds (and some initiative as shaman, because order debuffs).
Lately only playing destro. :P
Critted yesterday with I'll Take That for 2,8k heal, but this was with some heal buffs. Lifetap heals are very viable, albeit the heal value depends on the target and changes a lot. To get the best results the healer has to pick good targets, which makes it challenging and rewarding.
On shaman I use hots, grp heal and lifetap on the move. Rarely use the big single heal in pvp.
Dying is no option.

Telperien

Post#96 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:04 am

Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 am Posting specs is difficult, because the builders are out of date. :)
When you detaunt and then use dots, detaunt is broken. When you apply dots first, then detaunt results in 50% dot damage reduction.
Afaik the skill contribution is based on the main attribute of the selected tree, e.g. willpower for isha or intel for vaul, or 70% of all stat points added together, what ever is higher. This helps to use intel based skills in heal spec. Armor talis don't count.
I would mix armor with wounds (and some initiative as shaman, because order debuffs).
Lately only playing destro. :P
Critted yesterday with I'll Take That for 2,8k heal, but this was with some heal buffs. Lifetap heals are very viable, albeit the heal value depends on the target and changes a lot. To get the best results the healer has to pick good targets, which makes it challenging and rewarding.
On shaman I use hots, grp heal and lifetap on the move. Rarely use the big single heal in pvp.
Thanks for input. I got "healing phase" again and rolled zealot but it's terribly boring class:) It's only 27/27 so I still get temptations to roll AM or Shammy.
From your point of view are their healing and defence capabilities on same lvl?
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Telen
Suspended

Post#97 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:30 am

Telperien wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:04 am Thanks for input. I got "healing phase" again and rolled zealot but it's terribly boring class:) It's only 27/27 so I still get temptations to roll AM or Shammy.
From your point of view are their healing and defence capabilities on same lvl?
As long as you get your prekiting right they are fine. They just miss the oh **** button of flash heal spamming but both are better at kiting than zealot. Zealot can be a boring class just as healbot. You need to be switching back and forth from dps to make it more fun.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#98 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:18 pm

So when will the Dps Archmage finally get a long needed nerf?
Or is it meant to be "balanced" if you specc a Healer on Dps kill enemies with 3 dots while hotting yourelf, shielding and dispelling ?
Edit: and done come me with "mimimi Healdebuff on them makes them balanced ...." would be true if they wouldn`t still heal themself up again.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#99 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:21 pm

Aerogath wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:18 pm So when will the Dps Archmage finally get a long needed nerf?
Or is it meant to be "balanced" if you specc a Healer on Dps kill enemies with 3 dots while hotting yourelf, shielding and dispelling ?
Edit: and done come me with "mimimi Healdebuff on them makes them balanced ...." would be true if they wouldn`t still heal themself up again.
The answer to this is to get a healer yourself. Then you won't die from 3 dots.
Rip Phalanx

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#100 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:27 pm

lefze wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:21 pm
Aerogath wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:18 pm So when will the Dps Archmage finally get a long needed nerf?
The answer to this is to get a healer yourself. Then you won't die from 3 dots.
Or better idea, nerf the Heals and defensive skills of Dps am's hard so that HEALER HUNTER can finally kill healer.