Recent Topics

Ads

Something I noticed on the forums

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Onemantankwall

Re: Something I noticed on the forums

Post#41 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:04 am

MajorCountry wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:34 am Anyone know if double xp is being implemented this weekend for Halloween?
Wrong thread but nothings announced yet sadily
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Ads
Xergon

Post#42 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:14 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:39 am
wonshot wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:26 am OP aoe knockback with no immunities to yourself.
Do you argue with zealot aoe kb?
A skill only working, when you move towards the zealot at almost melee range, when the zealot is rooted, while channelling, with a very short knockback on top of it?
Not to mention that channel casts can be dealt with. How is this a threat to order warbands?
Put that zealot with guard on postern doors, gate, stairs or any other funnel position available on map (yes funnel position because its a place where that only order weapon which is AoE BW can do work) and your enemy can only wait for button with title RESPAWN to appear, because enemy can't HTL, can't Raze, can't Cast. I'm actually amazed that so few zealots use that utility properly, if more would start using it, every fight would be pure cancer...

And btw, its not channeling ability, which means you cannot interrupt it in a normal way, its self buff (BLESSING) which can be removed only by MeleeWH who cant get in range to do that or AM with special tactic for it and even after that he removes only 1 random blessing so there is no 100% counterplay to it...

But hey, as some folk said in RvR order chat "learn to kite enemy" i hope someone here can teach me how to do that on order, thanks.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

szejoza

Post#43 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:45 am

Well, most balance issues can be excused with players not knowing how to play :D
Spoiler:

wonshot

Post#44 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:08 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:01 am
Until a tank taunts the zealot. It's not that hard to counter. Especially when you charge the enemy and can target the zealots, when moving closer, in the case you experienced this tactic in a previous engagement. :)
Oh I agree, but how many "high priority" spells does a tank actaully have to taunt interrupt on Order side;

- Magusrift
- Zealot Winds
- Choppa pulls (usually a few choppas in a warband)
- Healer resses

if an warband runs 2-2-2 setup that is 8 tanks. I personally like the idea behind taunt being counterplay towards casts, but now imagine if order had interrupts like Mara has them. See what i did there 8-)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Sulorie

Post#45 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:22 am

wonshot wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:08 am but now imagine if order had interrupts like Mara has them. See what i did there 8-)
Actually order has it in theory with WL, they only have to wait for fixing their warband spec to give them proper aoe damage potential but they currently have aoe interrupt. ^^
Dying is no option.

Nidwin

Post#46 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:36 am

wonshot wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:54 am
A single ability that can give your entire healer backline an additional 1-2 sec time to react and repossition when getting presured? A single ability that can stop a suprice attack flank manouver, divide attacking forces of enemies in a choke point (keep funnel)

I totally understand the downsides of useing this ability, I have used it myself on my zealot. But just because destro mains down use it for its full potential doesnt take away the power of the ability. 8-)
This still sounds more like a defensive ability at funnel locations, because rdps can still hit you and anyone with knockback immunity gained by other CC can still charge you.
And useless against WL's as the lion doesn't get punted, so you instantly eat a pounce (lion's kd in pounce range) and get 2-3s-shotted.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Nidwin

Post#47 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:04 am

Xergon wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:14 am
Sulorie wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:39 am
wonshot wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:26 am OP aoe knockback with no immunities to yourself.
Do you argue with zealot aoe kb?
A skill only working, when you move towards the zealot at almost melee range, when the zealot is rooted, while channelling, with a very short knockback on top of it?
Not to mention that channel casts can be dealt with. How is this a threat to order warbands?
Put that zealot with guard on postern doors, gate, stairs or any other funnel position available on map (yes funnel position because its a place where that only order weapon which is AoE BW can do work) and your enemy can only wait for button with title RESPAWN to appear, because enemy can't HTL, can't Raze, can't Cast. I'm actually amazed that so few zealots use that utility properly, if more would start using it, every fight would be pure cancer...

And btw, its not channeling ability, which means you cannot interrupt it in a normal way, its self buff (BLESSING) which can be removed only by MeleeWH who cant get in range to do that or AM with special tactic for it and even after that he removes only 1 random blessing so there is no 100% counterplay to it...

But hey, as some folk said in RvR order chat "learn to kite enemy" i hope someone here can teach me how to do that on order, thanks.
WoI is 13+1 point skill and most Zealots are told to spec for AS (6s ranged stagger) and "optional" the heal debuff on critt hit. So it's one or the other.

A WH has a 100% disrupt and walks through WoI, WL pounce as explained in my previous post, any KB/stagger/pull will cancel WoI. I'm not certain about being silenced although but that would make sense as the damage is INT and not WP based.

It's a funny skill and you need to get used that your Zealot is going to rotate during the entire channeling depending on the movement of your target. As for interrupting it my guess would be yes as it's channeling and the reason why the Zealot rotates on target's movement.

carlos

Post#48 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:24 am

Nidwin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:36 am
wonshot wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:54 am
A single ability that can give your entire healer backline an additional 1-2 sec time to react and repossition when getting presured? A single ability that can stop a suprice attack flank manouver, divide attacking forces of enemies in a choke point (keep funnel)

I totally understand the downsides of useing this ability, I have used it myself on my zealot. But just because destro mains down use it for its full potential doesnt take away the power of the ability. 8-)
This still sounds more like a defensive ability at funnel locations, because rdps can still hit you and anyone with knockback immunity gained by other CC can still charge you.
And useless against WL's as the lion doesn't get punted, so you instantly eat a pounce (lion's kd in pounce range) and get 2-3s-shotted.
No applyable.
As a WL in a wb we wont have the pet active since we want to make spirit dmg.
Starfkr

Ads
Nidwin

Post#49 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:45 am

To me it also seems that a lot of choppa's have learned it the Magus hard way about random pulling so there have been less pulling on their side. Most choppa pulls I've seen lately happen when the fight has already been decided, both ways.

We, destro, have Magus(Magi) that do have a positive impact on the zerg vs zerg fights while order has to be happy with the sniper batallions.
With Marauders it can go both ways, disasters or usefull as for bouncing idiotic SH granting order all can of immunity and making it a pain in the ass for range to target... . Of course you on order have to be happy with the megao WL's while we do have SH with bows.
WE's in WB tends to assist, single or triple target, frontlines so they get the love from our tanks and healers meanwhile I don't have to explain you order folks the actual status with your WH's, have I ? And we do have WE's that know that they'll burn down a tank when it's properly done.

Can please someone tell SW's that 12k VoN isn't going to come back? I know it was fun on live but that belongs to the past.
I can see how playing Sniper Batallion can be hell of a fun, once or twice a week. For the rest there's a trainer in Altdorf and even Sniper Batallion members have the right for a second or third set of equipment/weapons/talis/jewelry non Sniper Batallion related.

I do not agree with the staf/devl idea for balancing as for me there's a need for order classes being a bit stronger than destro and not on par or subpar. Order on paper needs to be better as this balance out with destro RvR mentality and gameplay.
E.G. from another thread.
Moderator -> WP/DoK backline healers
Lutz -> wtf !!!
Healing DoK's place is just behind the frontlines and not 75-125ft away.
And because of this it's perfectly "balanced" that WP's have around 20% better healing than DoK's because they need those 20%.

Nidwin

Post#50 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:53 am

carlos wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:24 am
Nidwin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:36 am

No applyable.
As a WL in a wb we wont have the pet active since we want to make spirit dmg.
The difference between you and your megalo bros and Magi is that a Magus does what you folks should do in warbands. The only difference is that it takes the Magus twice to three times as long but the Magus does it. You folks do NOT.

The only way that you folks will be usefull in a wb is that if devs/staff give you aoe damage on par with your actual 3-shotting peeps guardian spec.