Patch notes 22/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Haskr

Re: Patch notes 22/12/2018

Post#11 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:55 am

Natherul wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:49 am
Haskr wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:40 am
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:25 am - Toughness mitigation will now be capped at 75% damage. If this was not the case then someone could easily be almost immune to damage with just stacking one stat. Remember that Resistances or Armor is also applied after the toughness.
I have a question about the thoughness change: what does it mean?

If I have 600 thoughness and the tooltip says it reduces damage by -121 dps does that mean that only 75% of those 121 dps get reduced?
Or is 121 already the reduced amount and it indeed reduces now 121 dps?
Before todays change with enough toughness you could literally take only 1 damage from everyone just by stacking toughness. What it means is that the calculations are exactly the same as before but it now caps out at mitigating 75% of the incoming damage before handing over to armor or resistances.
Thanks for the reply, I get it now, so basicaly it reduces the thoughness (effective) you have by 25%, so if you had 1000 before you have now 750?

I know you don't wan't discussion on day one here, but I think this is the wrong aproach to Tanks, when I still had my Chosen I had about 920 thoughness and was full deftard, but I really never felt Invincible, what abilities did only 1 dmg? Maybe white auto attacks from some classes, but abilities always did like 20, 30, 40, and so on dmg (and the occasional 1k wop), the only skill that can reduce dmg to 1 was the m2 ib.

I think even before todays change this server was miles away from the absurd mitigation that you could reach on the live servers. Why cut the effectiveness of defensive Tanks even more, it is not a healer nor a dps class, its sole purpose is to take damage, to achieve that he has to sacrifice almost all outgoing damage that he could do if he specced more offensively.

/rant over :)

time to draft me some fresh ale
Last edited by Haskr on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
hogun

Post#12 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:56 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:25 am - Toughness mitigation will now be capped at 75% damage. If this was not the case then someone could easily be almost immune to damage with just stacking one stat. Remember that Resistances or Armor is also applied after the toughness.

If I have 600 thoughness and the tooltip says it reduces damage by -121 dps does that mean that only 75% of those 121 dps get reduced?
Before todays change with enough toughness you could literally take only 1 damage from everyone just by stacking toughness. What it means is that the calculations are exactly the same as before but it now caps out at mitigating 75% of the incoming damage before handing over to armor or resistances.
I play very often with 1000+ of toug and I never felt invincible! . the explanation is very simple it is extremely rare to take a damage of 1! I can show many log that shows it!
Last edited by hogun on Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#13 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:57 am

WH and WE, to king of class...?? This class has everything, absurd damage, mobility, aoe, absurd parry, ignores all armor, knocks on all sides, runs invisible, CC for 8 seconds, ignores damage ... how about giving them a bazooka and two swords of two hands?

Sry but this server breake the classes all days...

Dalgrimar

Post#14 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:57 am

pve gear>pvp gear
Lets all start grinding PvE boiis!
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Malariz

Post#15 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:58 am

Amazing work. Thanks gits. Would love to see perma event items back though, without the stats of course.
Last edited by Malariz on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Run Like Hell>
Mashroom - 6X sh
Blakmaw - 6X black ork
Waaaghever - 6X shaman
Morkgyver - 4X Choppa
Goonswarm - 5X zealot
Geogaddi - 4X chosen

spikespiegel84

Post#16 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:00 am

Time to spec my skirmisher into assault 😁
Like the shroud/cauldron dot dmg reduction.
Dot dismount looks plausible and honest, even though dotters are powerful enough already. PVE is, for me, the clitoris of this game. Lots of fun, game changer, but I'm not totally sure if I get it right.

Good job, you busy bees.

DanielWinner

Post#17 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:01 am

Alfinnete wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:57 am WH and WE, to king of class...?? This class has everything, absurd damage, mobility, aoe, absurd parry, ignores all armor, knocks on all sides, runs invisible, CC for 8 seconds, ignores damage ... how about giving them a bazooka and two swords of two hands?

You know that it worked like this, figuratively, during the era of disrupt? It adds some sense to those abilities cause before there were no use pressing them when you were already dotted to hell.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#18 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:01 am

Haskr wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:55 am

Thanks for the reply, I get it now, so basicaly it reduces the thoughness (effective) you have by 25%, so if you had 1000 before you have now 750?
No it does not, it simply ONLY matters if the calculation would absorb more then 75% of the incoming damage. Its not lowering it if thats not the case.

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#19 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:05 am

Great patch, keep of the good work

Divine strike/Consume essence i would like to see moved to the torture/wrath tree
1. Grace and sacrifice have 9 abilities the other 2 trees only have 6. Second grace/sacrifice are now the "shield tree" and consume essence/divine strike don't require a shield and now are the duel/ 2h dps main dps heal. Because of these reason i propose that consume essence and divine strike be moved to the torture/wrath tree. (This change would help dps WP out the most due to the fact they have a spammable heal that also increases there dmg) because it will proc the guilty soul tactic.

3. Should devour essence/covenant of vitality be included in the buff from empowered transfer tactic? The current tool tip says ALL life taps. (currently WP prayer of devotion) is superior to covenant of vitality and i think this change would be welcomed)

2. Beastlord is still a viable set and i would like to see the stats changed to dps. Its been over a year that dok/wp have missed out on this great set.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#20 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:06 am

Alfinnete wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:57 am WH and WE, to king of class...?? This class has everything, absurd damage, mobility, aoe, absurd parry, ignores all armor, knocks on all sides, runs invisible, CC for 8 seconds, ignores damage ... how about giving them a bazooka and two swords of two hands?

Shouldn't you roll one if grass is so much greener there?