Recent Topics

Ads

Destro needs to shape up... seriously.

Let's talk about... everything else
Diggot
Suspended

Destro needs to shape up... seriously.

Post#1 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:37 pm

It's always the same... we lose 1-2 rams before we even scratch the outer keepdoor,
then on ram nr:3 .. we get about 5-10% of the door and the ram dies, destro wipes..
Then there's the inner keepdoor, with towers all around destro.. another 3-4 rams,
and by this time.. most people start approaching bedtime and... game over.
From my experience in T4 is takes destro aprox 3-4 hours to take a keep, and that's it
the keep isn't properly defended.

For 3 days now i haven't seen a zonelock or keeptake from destro that didn't involve
wearing orders knuckles down with our faces..

Either i'm in the wrong timezone.. or something is seriously wrong with destro currently.

I don't know why it is, but destro in RoR seem incapable to taking keeps if orders numbers
are even close as many. But order on the other hand has NO issues taking keeps,
they pretty much steamroll keeps when they want to - given that their numbers are
somewhat similar to destro.

And today i heard "Destro can't take keeps without premade warbands".. wtf is that about ?.

Since when do you need premade GUILDED Warbands to take keeps ?.
Since when does the word "PUG" mean you have a license to act like an idiot ?.

When you join a warband you listen to the leader, you do as told and pay attention,
but according to the majority of players PMing me about this issue, destro is apparently
incapable of this and prefers to ride the tail of rare organized warbands.

SHAPE UP.

/brings out the fire extinguisher.

Ads
Dreadspectre

Re: Destro needs to shape up... seriously.

Post#2 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Meh, same thing for Order when I'm playing. We can't got to the Lord room anymore if Destro has so much as a single WB in it, the Lord just runs around outside the room, downstairs, out the front gate doing 10x damage or whatever insane buff they get when they leave their room.

We had like 65-70 to 35 Destro last night in Caledor and couldn't get anything done. Then Destro took the zone later that night easily. *shrug*
Mrskullhead - DPS Zealot
Axeocalypse - 2H BO
Stayawhile - Magus
Pleasehammer Donthurtem - 2H WP
Fathermcgruder Arsekicker - RP
Poundtown - 2H IB

Gangan

Post#3 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:51 pm

Diggot wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:37 pm When you join a warband you listen to the leader, you do as told and pay attention,
Right now this kind of the opposite of what PUG stand for. Don't know why but alot of people see to have trouble following even simple orders like "regroup at xyz" "don't chase" or "fall back".
On the other hand a lot of leader don't communicate much or at all. This doesn't help either.

So basically every WB that has a proper vocal lead and members who listen and follow can be considered a "premade-warband" :P

It's not a destro-only problem, you can have the same on order site, but due to the so common blobbing it doesn't really matter 😅

PS: Many thanks to those who actuality try to lead pug-wbs :D
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Nishka
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:05 pm

Maybe you shouldn't give up that easily. Yesterday it took order 9 siege attempts to take the keep.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Skullgrin

Post#5 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 pm

The problem is that Destro is much more optimistic and individualistic than Order.

Order generally doesn't start a siege unless they have approximately double our number of players and they have apparently organized warbands, whereas Destro will siege with even or sometimes slightly fewer players than Order has - occasionally without a warband even formed. This leads to all the hi-jinks you have experienced, as well as some other rather goofy situations that have occurred.

Think of organizing Destro like herding cats - except every BO, warcamp entrance and Order player were bits of catnip distracting them and that you didn't actually have enough outriders to surround the herd.

Of course this is just what I have observed playing NA evenings, it could be different during EU peak times. :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Fenris78

Post#6 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:15 am

GLobal gameplay and classes repartition is the main problem, maybe less for Dest I think (only play Order) ; Order got many solo DPS (WH, WL), and many ranged DPS (BW and Eng mostly), and very few tanks in comparison.
Healers population is a bit odd since we got often more than necessary, or not at all most of the time, not to mention numerous got DPS too, wich is not helping in RvR...

So Order got stomped by Dest melee train (since this is their strong feature), and we often dont have the resilience needed to counter that, not to mention taking a keep, even with more numbers.
I wish to see way more dwarfs who seemed less played (slayers quasi non-existent due to lack of proper guard setup, IB not very efficient in large scales, runies less played than other Healers).

It's the same pain on Order side past midnight GMT, everyone doing mostly anything but following a leader or wanting to be organized.
Trying to regroup all AFKers and roamers for a keep siege is basically failing everytime in those timestamps, so I try sometimes but with only 1 WB most of the time it's not possible to take a keep, even trying to coordinate everyone on /1 or /2 channels.

We finish crushed by tanks and melee train jumping on our paperweight RPDS fleeting everywhere, and after 2 or 3 tries it's pretty demoralizing, knowing that classes repartition is mostly faulty here... :/

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:29 am

If you want results, you need to be the change you want to see: don't rely on randoms to listen to a single word you say, make your own warbands that utilise comms andproper comps (no dumbass 5 choppa/1 dps healer parties), and ensure that everyone in your warband both respects and obeys you as the leader.

You simply cannot expect things to change/players' mentalities to undergo a paradigm shift of their own accord.

Reesh

Post#8 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:46 am

You're getting baited too easily. Diggot just started playing here and is venting everything out everywhere. Let him play for a few months to find out that situation in the rvr actually switches around.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#9 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:01 am

3 whole days holy moly. three whole bloody days he's has to put up with this lads, something is definitely wrong with the entire realm. we really need to shape up

Urdeg

Post#10 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:59 pm

Sun shines, birds chirp, grass grows and MMO Players cry that the grass must be greener on the other side...
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'