Recent Topics

Ads

The Thunder Valley problem

Let's talk about... everything else
Elemint

Re: The Thunder Valley problem

Post#31 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:39 pm

Akilinus wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:34 pm Sadly you can only blacklist 2 scenarios so sometimes you cant avoid the pve maps. And speaking for myself I dont really care if I win or lose as long as im having fun.
Huh? What kind of dollar store knockoff QQ are you using?

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#32 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:40 pm

Kragg wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:29 pm
Manatikik wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:43 am
Kragg wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:42 am

Despite the sarcasm, what are 6 mans doing in there anyhow? Its unsuited for their playstyle as a 6 man, it will get you pugs and thus zero competion while there are plenty of other scenario's that pop as well. Some would say some of your peers avoid you rather then fight you.

Doing in the 6v6 SC? Well they're 6v6ing...
I mean in Thunder valley. No respectable 6 man goes to there tho. Besides the objectives not being very suitable for 6 man play or they just want to stomp pugs. I for one just laugh at organised 6 mans in TV as they loose because they aint splitting up. Its the one scenario on the server that doesnt cater to the 6 man setup.
My premade will do tv while we are getting other people in the group since the games are so short or at the end of a session when we just want to be lazy, but I put premades together to have fun killing people, not play tag all day.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#33 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:02 pm

just use the standard UI. it allows you to unqueue all sc you dont want to join ^^ never understood the purpuse of qq addons

jokerspsycho

Post#34 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:10 pm

saupreusse wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:02 pm just use the standard UI. it allows you to unqueue all sc you dont want to join ^^ never understood the purpuse of qq addons
I'm very lazy and can just Blist a hand full I dont want to do then click it once vs having to go through and leave the ones I dont want to every time I Q.

Bubbarubba

Post#35 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Please lord dont take away my loot valley.
just the warrior priest bro

Caduceus

Post#36 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:18 pm

Instead of seeing it as a problem, the OP and the GMs should ask themselves "Why do people want to play TV, and not other SCs like Mourkain?"

People play Thunder Valley because it is one of the few SCs that will give dominated teams a fighting chance and rewards everyone for their time and effort. If you spend your time in TV relentlessly pursuing the objectives, you get rewarded. Many SCs will not do this, and turn into a giant waste of time of your realm isn't consistently winning. Don't keep defenders get a roll for bags even if they fail to defend the keep? SCs should be no different.

There is no 'Thunder Valley Problem'. Thunder Valley is the solution. It's an example of how all SCs should reward players. If all the SCs would pay out like Thunder Valley does, I can guarantee you people will start playing different scenarios a lot more.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Maphyr

Post#37 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:37 pm

I mean, it's simple.

I want the weapon, but I don't like SC's. TV is great because I can get that **** over and done with in the quickest way possible.

Akilinus

Post#38 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Maximum amount of reward for the lowest effort.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#39 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Caduceus wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:18 pm There is no 'Thunder Valley Problem'. Thunder Valley is the solution. It's an example of how all SCs should reward players. If all the SCs would pay out like Thunder Valley does, I can guarantee you people will start playing different scenarios a lot more.
That's a bad advice. Why changing all other scenarios, when changing on scenario will have the same result?

Problem is, that Devs decide a while ago that grinding (pve,sc,rvr..everywhere) is the way to keep this game active. Sadly players proofed that they are somewhat correct in their decision
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Draugris

Post#40 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:12 pm

Akilinus wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:28 am Making sure that you got 1 player hiding on each flag is coordination?
If the other faction is dumb enough to let you do this, ofc. You deserve the win.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)