Recent Topics

Ads

Worst class.... WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: Worst class.... WH

Post#141 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:44 pm

Wolferre wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:02 am
Dying is what you do, cant expect to just go in kill, kill, kill and walk away unscathed, dying does not bother me, just as long that i kill what i aimed for, ...
I rather stay true to my motto, see signature and kill without getting killed in return. Tanks just have to guard them, like they guard all other classes. :^)
Dying is no option.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#142 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:17 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:44 pm
Wolferre wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:02 am
Dying is what you do, cant expect to just go in kill, kill, kill and walk away unscathed, dying does not bother me, just as long that i kill what i aimed for, ...
I rather stay true to my motto, see signature and kill without getting killed in return. Tanks just have to guard them, like they guard all other classes. :^)
Acceptable in 2/2/2 (if pug can remember where guard is) or in premade, but if its 1 tank and a wh, wl, and slayer, you will not be getting that guard 100% unless that tanks ya boy. Even then xD

Sulorie

Post#143 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:41 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:17 pm

Acceptable in 2/2/2 (if pug can remember where guard is) or in premade, but if its 1 tank and a wh, wl, and slayer, you will not be getting that guard 100% unless that tanks ya boy. Even then xD
I expect to get the guard the moment I need it and for a good tank it doesn't matter unless all get dmg at the same time. :)
Dying is no option.

jokerspsycho

Post#144 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:48 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:41 pm
jokerspsycho wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:17 pm

I expect to get the guard the moment I need it and for a good tank it doesn't matter unless all get dmg at the same time. :)
Maybe when my wh hits 40 there will be tanks that have guard on hot bar. I've tried asking but usually dont get a response lol.

abezverkhiy

Post#145 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:35 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:26 pm Let me ask how you guys do in sc on WH/WE?
I do well in terms of damage figures. But I hate playing scenarios in T4.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

jokerspsycho

Post#146 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:43 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:26 pm Let me ask how you guys do in sc on WH/WE?
T2-3 easily top 5 win or loss. I think a lot pre40 comes down to knowing how to maximize bolster. For example, my lvl39 WH with str pot had 920-940 str depending if I used a 80 or 100. I said that to a group and they had no clue how it was possible. Really need to get something down on paper for newer players about how to maximize your stats after bolster stops and how to maximize bolster.

At that str in t2-3, if I find a healer with mismatched lvl gear and no talismans, I'm going to kill you in about 3-5s if I get a crit or 2. Heck, with vindication, fainted, and a 5pt Bal I can bal>pw>torment> abso pmuch any squishie and kill them if they arent defensively geared. We will see how things progress in T4, I will be doing a fair amount of pve for onslaught, BL, and some weapons before I step back into SCs most likely, and hopefully I can keep my str up in the 900s still.

The issue will definitely be when I face an organized team and I have to try and eat through guards, detaunts, challenges, and healing.

Sulorie

Post#147 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:54 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:43 am

The issue will definitely be when I face an organized team and I have to try and eat through guards, detaunts, challenges, and healing.
Yeah but everyone is facing that problem. When you are solo and facing a premade, you alone won't kill anyone, because people protect each other.

Unlike this, the random pug is more like tanks, who don't guard and after asking for guard they put you on ignore with the message, "who are you to tell me, what I shall do?". The result is the same frustration you experience on any multiplayer game, where teamwork is important and ppl just don't care. :)
Dying is no option.

sighy

Post#148 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:54 pm

Yeah but everyone is facing that problem. When you are solo and facing a premade, you alone won't kill anyone, because people protect each other.

Unlike this, the random pug is more like tanks, who don't guard and after asking for guard they put you on ignore with the message, "who are you to tell me, what I shall do?". The result is the same frustration you experience on any multiplayer game, where teamwork is important and ppl just don't care. :)
That would likely depend on how you ask them. I usually find success when i politely request guard, whilst leaving sass, entitlement and so forth to myself. Now that's not to say that if there are more dps than tanks you have any measure of priority what so ever.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#149 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:54 pm

Should have clarified, when I face a premade while in a premade.

Dont feel like I would be more beneficial than a ASW, WL, Slayer (for mdps). Now I am a firm believer in "take the player not the class", but I also believe all balancing and performance should be looked at in a vaccum withequal skill in mind, and an equally skilled ASW, WL, Slayer would do better in a premade v premade.

I dont think the class needs an overhaul like ASW or mSH had, but many WHs I've spoke to (40/70-80+) have all agreed it could use some love here and there nothing major that would be game breaking, just adjustments to already existing skills.

The class can perform well in the hands of a good player, all classes can, it's the 120% effort to match the 100% effort of another people dont like. In fact some guildies and friends have put together a divine blast build for forts, the first time they used it they wiped 30 people and killed the push. Wanting to do some janky 16wh/8 healer set up and just have 2 groups of bombers to blow the push away. It's super fun. Doesnt mean the class could use a it of love tho :)

What was the point of bringing up sc performance? Just curious.

On the point of getting guard. I normally go backline solo, so I dont get guard to often lol and if theres a WL or Slayer and only one tank i tell them if they want to set it and forget it to give to WL or slayer.

Sulorie

Post#150 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:26 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:13 pm
What was the point of bringing up sc performance? Just curious.

I asked it, because I see huge differences in sc results on similar geared players of the same class.
Unlike in rvr we get at least some form of data from sc, albeit without being there, it's often hard to interpret scoreboards.

When I then see some threads about class X is super bad and needs a buff, not you specifically, I ask myself for the data to back up that claim, especially when I, on my own play sessions, make different experiences.

When those players are constantly at bottom or mid ranks for dps in sc, I believe them, that they have problems but I would come to different conclusions.

Something similar you see, when ppl complain about t2-3 brackets and say lowranks only get farmed by rank 35+.
Dying is no option.