Recent Topics

Ads

City time must be fixed

Let's talk about... everything else
Wdova

Re: City time must be fixed

Post#71 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:05 am

SanchoPansa wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:48 am personally i am able to do city everday if we get lucky enough, my primetime is just at the times when order is pushing city or vice versa. So i can feel for those that are not able to get to do city because of there timezone and real life things coming first. But i dont think its fair to alter the city ques because there are plenty of us who really push for dead zones for cities and get lucky enough to get our royals/invaders. If you want city in your timezone, push for it. Join warbands and push these dead zones. I think the problem lies whenever the population is 160 vs 140, and the mentallity for the other side that has lower numbers is to just give up because you are outnumbered by 20 more people in the zone. If you really want city youll push for it, if not just leave it to us NA players to do and well gladly keep doing city everyday. Cheers
In EU prime time there are aprox 500 players onboth sides. Whenever fort zone is pushed there are instantly 300+defenders and nbers of attackers and defenders are almost equal which lead to keep siege fail and wipe. This occure up to 1-2 a. m. Eu time when ppl go sleep. Population is significaly lower and imbalanced which lead to much easier keep and fort pushes.
Its not because EU players do not push for fort zones and keep. Its too high population which make this verry difficult and most of the time impossible.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
Tamarlan

Post#72 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:53 am

desizt wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:35 am Cities are fine. You either have a life or you have SoV - why do you expect to have both when people with no life only have SoV to look forward to? It would be unfair if everyone who only plays less than 5h a day can get the same rewards as people who actually play the game!
Made my day ... thanks for posting :lol:
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

raistomen

Post#73 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:01 pm

nanakaros wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:54 pm How can you fix something that is not broken? What about the rest of us who obtain full sovereign the "hard" way?
you mean....being notified when a city is and then logging on to do city for maybe 1 hour tops?

raistomen

Post#74 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:09 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:24 am
madmalky2014 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:42 am The devs love the grind so wont any changes whatsoever. Opening a middle tier for 16 to 39 would solve a lot eu problems. 40 only t4 would have a managble population even if na number would suffer. But who wants lvl 16 in t4 they are worse than useless. Zone need to be split into 3 1 to 16 t1 16 to 39 mid tier 40+ t4 its worth trying if it doesnt work can also revert to the old. Present system will see players leave the game and effectively watch the game slowly die like it did on live.
We're not entirely happy with how cities are resolved. Excluding most of the EU crowd or forcing 4am raids for them isn't in our long term plans. Solutions however are complicated, and we have other things we're focused on at the moment. Rather than declare what we're planning, find a way to make the best of it. We have limited staff and development time. Don't mistake that for long term intent when you see a lack of action.
I think this hits the big issue.

Everyone sees the problem, but no one really has a solution.

1. You want pvp to be organic, constant, with effort based rewards and victory based rewards
2. You want Forts/cities to be end game content
3. You want people to be rewarded for their efforts, but you don't want people who didn't contribute to be locked out of content (see fort vs city).

At the current state we have people who are incentivised to throw zones , just to get to city. We have people who intentionally xrealm , just to get city. We have people who only log on only for cities, which can make oRvR harder to win. Watching Fort be rewarded pretty well for defense was a good move in the right direction. However they also shouldnt be punished for giving up a chance at city if they have to sleep.

If you were to ask me which system I like better, id say Fort. The times when I get locked out of a Fort, was when I DIDNT CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS ITS CAPTURE/DEFENSE. That just seems fair ............however...

Then we are just back to the keep. Imagine veryone wants to defend the Fort, so now they are throwing the keepy. Maybe increase rewards for kills at keep.

I think the bottom line is that you want it so that Playing the game = rewards , for no matter what tier you are at.

raistomen

Post#75 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Suggestion. Maybe you have a quest that you can do 3x a week.

this quest will have a combination of

1. Get 200 kills in ORvR
2. Get 50 kills in a keep
3. Get 50 kills in a fort.
4. Turn in supplies
5. Capture objective
6. win an SC

Once you do all these you get a ticket to the city. You can't q unless you have a ticket. Cities Occur 3x a week depending upon which Realm has the most points based upon fort/keeps. Could make it daily as well. idk.

doxifera

Post#76 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:30 pm

raistomen wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:16 pm Suggestion. Maybe you have a quest that you can do 3x a week.

1. Get 200 kills in ORvR
4. Turn in supplies
5. Capture objective
6. win an SC

Once you do all these you get a ticket to the city. You can't q unless you have a ticket. Cities Occur 3x a week depending upon which Realm has the most points based upon fort/keeps. Could make it daily as well. idk.
And what's the point of a Сampaign if the City just happens three times a week? The siege of the Сity is the ending of the entire War Campaign, it happens when the army broke through all the enemy’s defense lines and storms the gates of the City, you can’t just take it and postpone this moment of triumph. People push to the City, they should get the City. The current problem is the reward of Campaign to warriors (which they don’t get being offline or without getting pop) for their contribution to the overall victory of the realm (and of course the problem with players who did nothing or did the opposite, fought on the enemy side, and just logged in and que).

raistomen

Post#77 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:32 pm

doxifera wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:30 pm
raistomen wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:16 pm Suggestion. Maybe you have a quest that you can do 3x a week.

1. Get 200 kills in ORvR
4. Turn in supplies
5. Capture objective
6. win an SC

And what's the point of a Сampaign if the City just happens three times a week? The siege of the Сity is the ending of the entire War Campaign, it happens when the army broke through all the enemy’s defense lines and storms the gates of the City, you can’t just take it and postpone this moment of triumph. People push to the City, they should get the City. The current problem is the reward of Campaign to warriors (which they don’t get being offline or without getting pop) for their contribution to the overall victory of the realm (and of course the problem with players who did nothing or did the opposite, fought on the enemy side, and just logged in and que).
fair point just make it daily or twice a day

lyncher12

Post#78 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:32 pm

shoutout to fmj, tup, vii for delaying city to NA

Ads
Noslock

Post#79 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:42 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:32 pm shoutout to fmj, tup, vii for delaying city to NA
you r welcome

Panodil

Post#80 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:43 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:32 pm shoutout to fmj, tup, vii for delaying city to NA
That was a trow from order, they did not even try to win fort. They just expect destro to trow.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage