Recent Topics

Ads

Is Parry on Guard damage working?

Let's talk about... everything else
banites

Re: Is Parry on Guard damage working?

Post#11 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:38 am

Manatikik wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:53 am
banites wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:51 am was all of the attacks from your guarded target all physical attacks? that can be magic attacks or range attacks that hits the guarded target.

is 75% really the cap for all avoidance? can anyone 100% confirm that?
Doesn’t matter the type of attack, it gets into Guard damage which is pure damage that can be Blocked or Parried (regardless of the original kind of attack). And yes 75% (hard) is the max effective avoidance you can have (outside of morales such as Confusing Movements or Concealment). You should also learn the difference between hard and soft avoidance.
Are you able to tell me? or is there a wiki on that information or something?

Ads
Darks63

Post#12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:38 am

Could have been that you got some really unlucky rng
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Zxul

Post#13 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:32 am

Depends what you were hit with- if original source of attack is undefendable, as some abilities are, you can't parry/block the guard dmg from it.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Alcan
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Yes you can parry or block even if undefenderble its ony the one thats attacked that cant defend!

witc0m

Post#15 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Darks63 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:38 am Could have been that you got some really unlucky rng
I have numerous screenshots of this from yesterday and this morning, it's not a fluke or bad luck RNG. With 50% Parry and 25% more from Oathbound, 75% Parry which is "max avoidance" I'm still Parrying, at best, 5-10% of guard damage.

Guard damage is pure damage that can be parried regardless of what type of damage it is.

Even if people are telling me that 25% Parry is the max for Guard damage, which is stupid if true and makes 2H take entirely not viable IMO, I'm STILL not Parrying anywhere close to 25% of the Guard damage.

Check this link for 3 separate screenshots taken in a row that show a sequence of 66 Guard attacks and only 3 Parries. Tell me how something isn't broken here...

https://imgur.com/a/X1rJNgZ

Zxul

Post#16 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:57 pm

Alcan wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:33 pm Yes you can parry or block even if undefenderble its ony the one thats attacked that cant defend!
No you can't, was specifically made to work this way.
witc0m wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:49 pm I have numerous screenshots of this from yesterday and this morning, it's not a fluke or bad luck RNG. With 50% Parry and 25% more from Oathbound, 75% Parry which is "max avoidance" I'm still Parrying, at best, 5-10% of guard damage.
How much parry do you actually have, when you do .getstats? % parry that you see in character window isn't actually correct.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

witc0m

Post#17 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:02 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:57 pm
Alcan wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:33 pm Yes you can parry or block even if undefenderble its ony the one thats attacked that cant defend!
witc0m wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:49 pm I have numerous screenshots of this from yesterday and this morning, it's not a fluke or bad luck RNG. With 50% Parry and 25% more from Oathbound, 75% Parry which is "max avoidance" I'm still Parrying, at best, 5-10% of guard damage.
How much parry do you actually have, when you do .getstats? % parry that you see in character window isn't actually correct.
.getstats Parry is 31% which I'm guessing is raw Parry minus what Weapon Skill adds?

Acidic

Post#18 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:12 pm

witc0m wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:02 pm
.getstats Parry is 31% which I'm guessing is raw Parry minus what Weapon Skill adds?
I would say you were debuffed, with 31 parry would not be so hard for order to wipe a good chunk of that away, Destro has some tools just not so manny if I remember right

Ads
Zxul

Post#19 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:19 pm

Spoiler:

What you see in char window is your parry including the theoretical gain from WS, which is never correct since the other side has some str to bypass it. .getstats shows you your actual % parry from renown items ets.

For guard specifically as far is I remember having 4 ws is enough to have a capped 25% parry (since guard uses 0 str), so for guard purposes you should have 31+25=56% parry chance. +parry proc if it isn't included.

Question is what exactly are you getting hit with, 19 dmg from guard means 38 dmg after mitigation on your guarded target, and I doubt it has tank like % mitigation. Maybe some proc? If the main hit lands, then maybe the proc itself doesn't has a defense check?

witc0m

Post#20 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:19 pm
Spoiler:

What you see in char window is your parry including the theoretical gain from WS, which is never correct since the other side has some str to bypass it. .getstats shows you your actual % parry from renown items ets.

For guard specifically as far is I remember having 4 ws is enough to have a capped 25% parry (since guard uses 0 str), so for guard purposes you should have 31+25=56% parry chance. +parry proc if it isn't included.

Question is what exactly are you getting hit with, 19 dmg from guard means 38 dmg after mitigation on your guarded target, and I doubt it has tank like % mitigation. Maybe some proc? If the main hit lands, then maybe the proc itself doesn't has a defense check?
As far as what I've been told, all Guard damage has a defense check regardless of the source of the damage. Maybe I'm wrong. It was during a fort so could have been any number of things I guess. I'll say this doesn't happen as far as I'm aware when I'm running a shield. This only happens when I equip 2H. Which shouldn't matter as you can Parry guard damage, but apparently it does?! It seems like it's not treating all guard damage equal (i.e. if the original damage source was melee, range, spell, etc.).