Ads

Brust potential of Mara comapred to order mdps

Let's talk about... everything else
Onigokko0101

Re: Brust potential of Mara comapred to order mdps

Post#11 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:07 am

Rekoom wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:54 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:08 am
Rekoom wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:42 am Umm indeed Mara and mSH are more about sustain... Which mDPS is applying the burst Destro side then?
Witch Elf.

But I assume you are going to say "wut about WL"

WL has more burst, Mara has more utility and survivability.

The factions are not 100% mirrored.
I agree & I also think you can see the issue in WE being the burst DPS class of Destro.
Choppa has good burst as well. You also have DPS Shammy and Sorc for burst as ranged.

EDIT: I also think its worth mentioning that there REALLY is not a huge class balance issue in this game. While maybe Class vs Class there are 'imbalances' as a whole Destro vs Order is VERY balanced.

Its simply a skill issue for a lot of people.

Ads
Rekoom

Post#12 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:19 am

I think it can be argued WL is burstier, more survivable and carries more utility than WE/WH so saying WE is the equivalent Destro side is not a valid answer.

Saying other archetypes fill in the gap is also not a receivable answer imo because those classes (Sorc/Choppa) are very well mirrored in terms of power lvl on the opposite faction.

I agree balance is overall very good (much better than on live from what I remember of it).

I also think it is ok to point out where things can be improved and have a discussion around these things, if only to kill time between sessions of our favorite pastime :).
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Fiskrens

Post#13 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:28 am

wildwindblows wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:22 pm
Do you really think mara do same damage compared to wl and msw?
Considering my WL dps was cut by about 15% with the recent pet changes I'd say that mara ST damage is looking pretty juicy in comparison.

Melekith

Post#14 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:19 am

Mara is not supposed to be burst dps. He is good at debuffing targets, has medium armor. After applied debuffs your target gets squishy, then you can start to apply your damage with brutality path.

wildwindblows

Post#15 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:26 am

Melekith wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:19 am Mara is not supposed to be burst dps. He is good at debuffing targets, has medium armor. After applied debuffs your target gets squishy, then you can start to apply your damage with brutality path.
Mara is not good debuffer because of tb nerf. WL has same armor and heal db (with pounce and nice brust). When you use main sav and brut second tree, swapping to brut stance doesn't worth and this is one of the current issue of mara.

wildwindblows

Post#16 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:48 am

Also I want to add this, Sav/brut mara has no utility (except aoe interrupt), and mara gain these utilities in monstro stance like aoe disorient, aoe kd. IDK WHY sav/brut mara cannot do damage like any other dps classes although drop all these utilities.

anarchypark

Post#17 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:03 am

wildwindblows wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:48 am Also I want to add this, Sav/brut mara has no utility (except aoe interrupt), and mara gain these utilities in monstro stance like aoe disorient, aoe kd. IDK WHY sav/brut mara cannot do damage like any other dps classes although drop all these utilities.

WL and mara both have same armor debuff.
same 50% hp finisher.
difference is burst vs heal debuff+wound debuff+tough debuff and buffs.
simply put pet vs buff/debuff.
kill the pet.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

wildwindblows

Post#18 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:23 am

anarchypark wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:03 am
wildwindblows wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:48 am Also I want to add this, Sav/brut mara has no utility (except aoe interrupt), and mara gain these utilities in monstro stance like aoe disorient, aoe kd. IDK WHY sav/brut mara cannot do damage like any other dps classes although drop all these utilities.

WL and mara both have same armor debuff.
same 50% hp finisher.
difference is burst vs heal debuff+wound debuff+tough debuff and buffs.
simply put pet vs buff/debuff.
kill the pet.
It is not so simple and there is huge damage difference

Ads
Sundowner

Post#19 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:47 am

Exactly why mara should have burst potention of wl? they are not mirrors, they have different roles, different utilities and survival abilities. what's your point?

wildwindblows

Post#20 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:55 am

Sundowner wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:47 am Exactly why mara should have burst potention of wl? they are not mirrors, they have different roles, different utilities and survival abilities. what's your point?
Sav/brut mara has no utility and kd and has almost same debuffs like wl. This is the reason.